+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
2 Questions in Application form for submitting TRV within Canada:

In 'Detail of my visit to Canada' section:

1) Funds available in CAD ?
Should this indicate my annual salary? Or my bank account balance ?

2) Two Name, address, relationship of any person or Institution I will visit:
What shall i fill here? SELF or should i give two of my friends address or Shall i give my company details ?

mannte

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 march 2013
AOR Received.
29 April 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
15 jan 2014
Med's Done....
sent 20 jan 2014
1.your liquid cash in bank

2.give your company address

this what i did for my trv and got without any pbm

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
5. Get a "statement of account balance" from your bank.
6. Not applicable, since you are in Canada.
7. A recently signed confirmation of employment letter from your employer - it should state when you were hired and that you are still employed, full-time or part-time, salary, etc. It's not on the checklist, but very important because it helps establish that you have a compelling reason(i.e. job) to be in Canada.
You do not need a leave of absence, since you are already in Canada.
Hi SenoritaBella...
We are going to apply for a TRV for my wife. She recently received an open work permit based on my PGWP....But she hasn't got a job yet...Do you think it will be negative....
She has been in Canada since Sep 2012 on a visitor visa (always on legal status)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I think applying for a TRV without a job is a risk. If you hold a valid study or work permit, you need confirmation from either the school or employer. Since she doesn't work, it can be argued that she does not have a compelling reason to be in Canada and the TRV could be rejected.

To be on the safe side, she should find a job and begin working for a few weeks before applying for a TRV. Note that if she isn't planning to travel and return to Canada, she doesn't need a TRV.

PB02 said:
Hi SenoritaBella...
We are going to apply for a TRV for my wife. She recently received an open work permit based on my PGWP....But she hasn't got a job yet...Do you think it will be negative....
She has been in Canada since Sep 2012 on a visitor visa (always on legal status)

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
I think applying for a TRV without a job is a risk. If you hold a valid study or work permit, you need confirmation from either the school or employer. Since she doesn't work, it can be argued that she does not have a compelling reason to be in Canada and the TRV could be rejected.

To be on the safe side, she should find a job and begin working for a few weeks before applying for a TRV. Note that if she isn't planning to travel and return to Canada, she doesn't need a TRV.
It's been tough finding a job :(....and we are planning to travel outside of Canada in August.

mannte

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 march 2013
AOR Received.
29 April 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
15 jan 2014
Med's Done....
sent 20 jan 2014
find any job, even with min salary it doesn't matter.

at least you will be able to show 2 pay stubs and letter from employer for your TRV

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If she leaves Canada without a job and a TRV, the chances of rejection are higher. In case you want to know what can happen when you apply for a TRV without confirmation from your employer or school, read this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-hi-seniors-t105596.0.html;msg1479114#msg1479114

If she can't find a job by August, you would have to decide whether the trip is worth the risk.

PB02 said:
It's been tough finding a job :(....and we are planning to travel outside of Canada in August.

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
If she leaves Canada without a job and a TRV, the chances of rejection are higher. In case you want to know what can happen when you apply for a TRV without confirmation from your employer or school, read this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-hi-seniors-t105596.0.html;msg1479114#msg1479114

If she can't find a job by August, you would have to decide whether the trip is worth the risk.
We planned the trip thinking that everything will be sorted out by then....

She was a dentist in home country....would it matter if she works a Min wage job...not related to her studies and prior experience.....as mentioned by mannte

Another concern, we are expecting interview calls from US schools in July....Do you think there will be any issue entering back in Canada just with the work permit? (As per my knowledge one doesn't require a Canadian Visa if travelling back from US with a valid work permit, correct me if I am wrong)

Our PR application is in process - Oct Applicant

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
With an open work permit she can work any job, does not have to be related to her studies and prior experience.

It is possible to re-enter Canada using a valid work permit, provided you only travel to the US and St. Pierre and Miquelon. Note that you would need a US visa.

I can not know for sure whether or not there will be any issues. A visa officer can ask where she works, not sure what(if anything) will happen in that case.

You may want to check with CIC call centre, a lawyer or may be others will have more input.

PB02 said:
We planned the trip thinking that everything will be sorted out by then....

She was a dentist in home country....would it matter if she works a Min wage job...not related to her studies and prior experience.....as mentioned by mannte

Another concern, we are expecting interview calls from US schools in July....Do you think there will be any issue entering back in Canada just with the work permit? (As per my knowledge one doesn't require a Canadian Visa if travelling back from US with a valid work permit, correct me if I am wrong)

Our PR application is in process - Oct Applicant

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
SenoritaBella said:

Hello,
Just wanted to update the status on this:

My wife couldn't find a suitable job so I called CIC and they said since she is accompanying me on the WP, it's not mandatory that she has a job to apply for TRV.

So we applied for her TRV and got it.

The timelines are below:

Applied online: July 06
Visa approved: July 23rd
Passport sent: July 24th
Passport recv'd at Ottawa: July 26th
Passport recc'd with Stamping: July 30th

CEC-2013

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-13
Med's Request
11-Dec-13
Med's Done....
15-Dec-13
Passport Req..
20-Dec-13
HI PB02,

Can we apply TRV in online ?!! I went through that "online eligibility portal" but all the time I end up to apply for Open WO :( so I cancel it.

How exactly you have applied? Can u explain in detail?

Thanks

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
CEC-2013 said:
HI PB02,

Can we apply TRV in online ?!! I went through that "online eligibility portal" but all the time I end up to apply for Open WO :( so I cancel it.

How exactly you have applied? Can u explain in detail?

Thanks
I was getting the same problem initially....But we had to chose the current status very carefully and then it gave us the TRV forms. I don't remember at this moment what we picked. But if you can wait until tonight I will let you know once I double check

CEC-2013

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-13
Med's Request
11-Dec-13
Med's Done....
15-Dec-13
Passport Req..
20-Dec-13
Thanks,, have you applied this for your family member too..?