+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV work permit refusals and solutions

Coolchef

Oct 26, 2018
Hi, I got a LMIA from a sponsor in Canada.But my TRV (Work permit Visa) got refused today stating the following 2 reasons from CIC.
1)you were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.

2)I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1)of the IRPR,based on the purpose of your visit.

Has anyone before have been rejected on these grounds or have reapplied for appeal against these refusal.
Please guide on the documents to provide against these refusals and what words to mention in the cover letter to write to CIC.

Coolchef

Oct 26, 2018
Can Someone help with the above query?.What is the window period to reapply for the appeal against refusal?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You cannot appeal the decision per se. You are able to reapply, or take the issue to the Federal Court Level. For that you would need a lawyer, and money. I believe within Canada the window to appeal is 15 days, outside of Canada 90.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=180&top=17

If you are going to reapply you would have to focus on the grounds given by the officer on why it was refused. Just because you had a LMIA approved, does not automatically give you a work permit with it.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Can I appeal a decision on a work permit application?
Under Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, there is no formal right of appeal on temporary resident decisions. Instead, you can reapply. If possible, a different officer will examine the application.

You can also ask for a judicial review through the Federal Court of Canada, if you think the process was not fair. A lawyer in Canada would act on your behalf.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=180&top=17