+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Within Canada

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Bend said:
Hey all, I got my passport request today. I have sent it through Canada post. Did anyone send it in recently and if possible, can they tell me how long it takes for them to return it? I addressed it to CPP-Ottawa instead of CPC, I hope that won't be an issue. Can someone please provide some input. Appreciate it.
Hi,

When did you apply for the TRV? how many days processing the cic took? is your case like you have a valid work permit/study permit and you applied for a TRV within canada??

I wish I can answer your question as well. But, I dont have any info :(

Ravi

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hey, thank you so much for the reply. I got my application approved yesterday and the passport with visa stamp today. Best of luck to all!

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
xiaoshushuxiao said:
How many days do you get the passport request?
I applied online on Nov 24, 2016 and I got the Passport request today i.e. Dec 8,2016. The online processing time shows as 8 days.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Ravi123456 said:
Hi,

When did you apply for the TRV? how many days processing the cic took? is your case like you have a valid work permit/study permit and you applied for a TRV within canada??

I wish I can answer your question as well. But, I dont have any info :(

Ravi
Hey so sorry for not being able to answer in more detail before. I had applied on November 21, 2016. I got my passport request in almost 7-8 calendar days. I got my passport back in almost 6 calendar days. I see you also got your passport request which is great! I applied on the basis on a valid work permit, within Canada.

Best,
Bend

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
xiaoshushuxiao said:
Hi,

How many days do you get the passport request? I applied on Nov 22 and have not get passport request yet now...
Hey I got mine in 7-8 calendar days. All the best!

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Bend said:
Hey so sorry for not being able to answer in more detail before. I had applied on November 21, 2016. I got my passport request in almost 7-8 calendar days. I got my passport back in almost 6 calendar days. I see you also got your passport request which is great! I applied on the basis on a valid work permit, within Canada.

Best,
Bend
Sorry I got my stamped passport back in 7 days, not 6 calendar days. I was counting one day less.

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I am an Inland applicant and writing my timeline here for Inland TRV here to help out others.

Online TRV application : Nov 24,2016
Passport Request : Dec 8, 2016
Passport Sent to CIC : Dec 8,2016
Passport received by CIC : Dec 9,2016
Return Tracker Activated : Dec 13, 2016
Passport received back : Dec 15, 2106

:D ;)

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi all,
I have a question, looking for some help. I applied for BOWP and TRV at the same time on 12 October Inland online. I received my BOWP on 22 November with the note at the bottom stating "Temp Resident status maintained as per R183(6). APR PENDING".
The application online is now closed and I have not received any request for Passport to get my TRV issued.
Has anyone applied for these two permits AT THE SAME TIME? What should I be expecting now? Will they still issue the TRV or do I need to apply again?

Thanks

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
Not from my side
Hello Salmaniut,

Could you please let me know how long it ended up taking CIC to send you a passport request for your TRV. I appreciate your response, as I am currently in the same boat (TRV inside Canada requiring strange additional verification and taking too long).

Thanks !

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
Did anyone facing similar situation. It's already been 33 days and no response for my friend. Please reply if anyone has any idea.
Hello hm007,

Could you please let me know how long it ended up taking CIC to send your friend a passport request for their TRV? I really appreciate your response, as I am currently in the same boat (TRV applied inside Canada, have PGWP, TRV is taking too long and requiring strange "additional verification").

Thanks !

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
Hello Salmaniut,

Could you please let me know how long it ended up taking CIC to send you a passport request for your TRV. I appreciate your response, as I am currently in the same boat (TRV inside Canada requiring strange additional verification and taking too long).

Thanks !
88 days in total

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016