+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV with valid BOWP from outside canada

silentThunder

Dec 2, 2012
Hi All,

Has anyone applied for TRV after getting the BOWP? If yes, can you please suggest the process. I have got the BOWP but my job got over and I have visited to my home country for vacation. I do not have a valid TRV to return back. Can I apply for TRV based on my valid BOWP? I know from within canada, you can apply online. I suppose from outside canada, you have to apply as a paper based application. Is that true? Also, do I have to show the offer letter for the new employer and do I apply as visitor visa or some other category? If anyone could throw some light, that would be great.

Many thanks!!!

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Outside Canada you need to visit the embassy etc to get ur visa stamped on the passport

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Yes if VFS is handling it then u need to go there
I don't know if BLS is handling it now
U have to check

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silentThunder said:
Any idea how to do it in India? Do you have to do it through VFS?
Yes, you have it to do it thru VFS.

silentThunder

Dec 2, 2012
Hi All,

Again, do you need to have offer letter while applying for TRV from outside canada if you are on bowp. I am back after my job is over to my home country. I have already received the BOWP but my TRV has expired.

Can someone please advise?

Many thanks!!!

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first thing is how u got BOWP if u are outside of Canada?

you have made small mistake leaving country as you might know ur visa is going to expire before u return to canada.
now you have to apply throught VFS and explain them that u have BOWP and you need TRV to return to canada. hopefully CIC delhi will buy that argument

silentThunder

Dec 2, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I applied for BOWP when I got to know that my job is getting over. Before I went back, I received my bowp but I did not have time to apply for visa since I had to travel back for personal reasons. I thought with BOWP, I can apply for TRV. It just occured to me if they will ask for offer letter, so want to check if someone has done something similar. applied for TRV on open work permit from outside canada.

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send copy of your BOWP along with your TRV application

silentThunder

Dec 2, 2012
Sorry, for not being clear enough in my posts.
I am aware that I should be submitting a copy of my BOWP along with the TRV application. I was just wondering if they will need the any offer letter for my employer.

If I come on closed permit, they know that I have a job, so would not care much. But if I am on BOWP, without the employer at the moment, will that cause any problem in them issuing a visa. This is my actual concern.

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
silentThunder said:
Sorry, for not being clear enough in my posts.
I am aware that I should be submitting a copy of my BOWP along with the TRV application. I was just wondering if they will need the any offer letter for my employer.

If I come on closed permit, they know that I have a job, so would not care much. But if I am on BOWP, without the employer at the moment, will that cause any problem in them issuing a visa. This is my actual concern.
What is the update in your case?

I have another question? I have valid TRV and BOWP and I dont have any job. Can I go to my native country without having any job and re enter without any issue?

cecmar0813

Sep 7, 2013
Hi Silent Thunder,

My thoughts are
TRV based on BOWP might not really need a job offer, as this is issued for a different purpose and criteria. The only thing they may look for is, how will you support urself once you come back here without a job. So you may better show a bank statement with some funds and explain them that you will be able to support yourself while looking out for job.

If TRV is allowed to apply within Canada based on BOWP and do not really look for an offer then it should be be the same case outside of Canada also, did you see any cases applied within Canada based on BOWP, got it approved without showing the offer letter? Check in the forum.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Guys, don't you think AOR should be submitted along with the TRV application and BOWP?