+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV while waiting for the PR

retrocanada

Jul 31, 2014
Hey everyone,

I'd love to pick some brains on this site for those willing and able to answer.

I am a Canadian, we were living in Mexico, and then in Peru, Peru being where my wife is from. We made the outland application from Peru and I have been accepted as a sponsor so all good there. I am back in Canada now and we've been apart for 5 months so far. The time is getting more and more difficult for us to be apart so I started to wonder, could she come here on a tourist visa while we wait out the process?

Ideally I would like her just to come and stay, sending the passport back to the visa office in Peru when the time came, then going to the states and back or something of the like to complete the landing process..

I know this may not be realistic and I understand they may call her for an interview but more or less I am just trying to get conformation of proof of concept here.

Could she come here as a tourist while the pr process is in effect? As I mentioned I have already be approved as a sponsor.

Thank you to any and all that take the time to help out!

Retrocanada.

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
I think they tend to refuse trv while PR is in progress. Although, some have been successful. It comes down to being able to demonstrate that the applicant has strong ties to homeland. However, not to be negative, but its generally refused even with a mountain of supporting documents, while if you are among the lucky ones, you can be accepted very easily. My advice is to hang in there, PR is a long process that all of us are enduring. If you won't be disappointed if you get refused, then give it a try. If not, save money and time and don't apply.