+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV- Visitors Visa Denied. Advice Please (1week vacation)

zaana

Feb 12, 2018
Hello
I would like some Advice.
I am South African living in South Korea for 7 years and currently reside here. I will be here for the next few years, However it does not show not on my visa status because I am on a yearly contract with my company. I have been travelling frequently for the past few years and last year alone visited 4 countries. I applied on line for a TRV and was denied. The duration of my vacation was for 7 days.I booked a return ticket & some sight seeing tickets. I have some friends in Canada and provided contact numbers and an address. I booked a hotel and provided hotel confirmation booking. I provided 3 months financial statements and payment receipts. I would like some advice on why my visa was denied and what more supporting documentation am I suppose to show?
This is the the reply I received
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application. In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to: • the information in the travel and identity documents; • the reason for the travel to Canada; • the person’s contacts in Canada; • the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties); • the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada; • whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada; • whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and • whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.
With regards to family ties- I am single woman and my all of my family members reside in South Africa.How can I proof I have family here when I live alone and I'm a traveler.
Do you think I should just cancel my ticket? or change it to a later date?
Any suggestions will help!

Thank you

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Hello
I would like some Advice.
I am South African living in South Korea for 7 years and currently reside here. I will be here for the next few years, However it does not show not on my visa status because I am on a yearly contract with my company. I have been travelling frequently for the past few years and last year alone visited 4 countries. I applied on line for a TRV and was denied. The duration of my vacation was for 7 days.I booked a return ticket & some sight seeing tickets. I have some friends in Canada and provided contact numbers and an address. I booked a hotel and provided hotel confirmation booking. I provided 3 months financial statements and payment receipts. I would like some advice on why my visa was denied and what more supporting documentation am I suppose to show?
This is the the reply I received
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application. In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to: • the information in the travel and identity documents; • the reason for the travel to Canada; • the person’s contacts in Canada; • the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties); • the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada; • whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada; • whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and • whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.
With regards to family ties- I am single woman and my all of my family members reside in South Africa.How can I proof I have family here when I live alone and I'm a traveler.
Do you think I should just cancel my ticket? or change it to a later date?
Any suggestions will help!

Thank you
You should have not indicate that you know someone in Canada! They might think your friends will influence you to stay