+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - VISITOR VISA - SPOUSE - TIMELINE SINCE BIOMETRICS LETTER

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi! What have been your timeline since the biometrics letter validity in these days? (the letter that comes after giving the biometrics) PLEASE SHARE IT HERE
I requested a visitor visa (TRV) on june 26 to visit my husband to Canada (he is a citizen) and the only update I've received 3 MONTHS LATER was the biometrics letter validity on september 30 (I gave biometrics last year for a previous TRV which was refused). I was thinking I would be receiving the result 1 or 2 days after that letter and still nothing :(
My TRV is being processed in Ankara, Turkey

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Oh, I’ve received the biometrics letter, I.ve applied for TRV to meet my husband, he is a citizen too. I’ve applied for TRV from India and vac offices are closed here, so I’m still waiting to give my biometrics but I’ll keep you posted here, if anything changes

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi! What have been your timeline since the biometrics letter validity in these days? (the letter that comes after giving the biometrics) PLEASE SHARE IT HERE
I requested a visitor visa (TRV) on june 26 to visit my husband to Canada (he is a citizen) and the only update I've received 3 MONTHS LATER was the biometrics letter validity on september 30 (I gave biometrics last year for a previous TRV which was refused). I was thinking I would be receiving the result 1 or 2 days after that letter and still nothing :(
My TRV is being processed in Ankara, Turkey
Hi....I think the biomatrices is valid for 10 years. check with Ankara visa office and email them with your UCI number and ask them why you need it. I also applied in April but still waiting. my application refused in 2016 and 2018 and I did only biomatrices in the 2016.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi....I think the biomatrices is valid for 10 years. check with Ankara visa office and email them with your UCI number and ask them why you need it. I also applied in April but still waiting. my application refused in 2016 and 2018 and I did only biomatrices in the 2016.
Yes. Thanks for your answer. The letter they sent me said my biometrics is valid for this application too (which I already know). I just want to know how much time more I have to wait for my TRV result, because I'm exempt of travel restrictions. And after sending webforms and emails to expedite it, they sent me this letter 3 months later. This means they have started to work on my TRV application but I'd like to know how much time more they could take to give me the result.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Yes. Thanks for your answer. The letter they sent me said my biometrics is valid for this application too (which I already know). I just want to know how much time more I have to wait for my TRV result, because I'm exempt of travel restrictions. And after sending webforms and emails to expedite it, they sent me this letter 3 months later. This means they have started to work on my TRV application but I'd like to know how much time more they could take to give me the result.
No one really knows how long. Hopefully not too long.

Srisow

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi, did u get the result on your application? I have received biometrics validity letter yesterday and would like to know how many days it is taking for final decision.

Js1234

Jul 24, 2018
Oh, I’ve received the biometrics letter, I.ve applied for TRV to meet my husband, he is a citizen too. I’ve applied for TRV from India and vac offices are closed here, so I’m still waiting to give my biometrics but I’ll keep you posted here, if anything changes
May I askwhen did u apply? We are also waiting for same for my mother in law in India? Currently they r working on passport submissions but biometrics should first I guess.

Reactions: Ziya K

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi, did u get the result on your application? I have received biometrics validity letter yesterday and would like to know how many days it is taking for final decision.
No! I haven't got the result yet! It's been 16 days after that letter and still waiting. Please if you receive the result let me know

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Good update guys! after all this wait I finally got my passport request for the tourist visa today!!! :) I can go to join my husband!!! we feel very happy.
TRV application sent: june 26, 2020
Biometrics validity letter: september 30, 2020
Passport request: october 29, 2020

My country is Venezuela. My biometrics validity letter came from Turkey, my passport request came from Embassy in Mexico.
I had a refusal of a TRV last year and my biometrics were done last year so I didn't need to give it new.
I applied through a lawyer. We've sent many inquiries and webforms asking about it many times, maybe it helped to expedite it.
I have a spousal sponsorship application in progress (in early stage waiting to receive AOR1)
Good luck!

Reactions: drondon07

MikeInCanada

Oct 17, 2020
Good update guys! after all this wait I finally got my passport request for the tourist visa today!!! :) I can go to join my husband!!! we feel very happy.

My country is Venezuela. My biometrics validity letter came from Turkey, my passport request came from Embassy in Mexico.
I had a refusal of a TRV last year and my biometrics were done last year so I didn't need to give it new.
I applied through a lawyer. We've sent many inquiries and webforms asking about it many times, maybe it helped to expedite it.
I have a spousal sponsorship application in progress (in early stage waiting to receive AOR1)
Good luck!
I am curious to know if in fact your decision was made September 30 2020, as other members report that via GCMS notes they have found out their applications were in fact approved the same day as Biometrics validity/correspondence letter. People are being approved but not notified in some cases for MONTHS AFTER their approval. There seems to be a delay in many cases between the PPR and the decision which tends to be on the same day as Biometrics Validity Letter. In my case I have come to find out my biometrics letter was issued over 1 month ago with no decision showing online.

Please check the posts from member @bytenaija for reference. He found out he was approved August 2020 by requesting GCMS notes and still has not received PPR. I wonder if this is a widespread issue. ByteNaija's Post

Js1234

Jul 24, 2018

Good luck!
Congrats! Were u exempt from travel restrictions under essential purpose & needed written authorization Ircc?
please share my husband has applied for his mother from India on Aug26 to help with my pregnancy & delivery. I am almost 9 months pregnant now.
As biometrics were closed in India since March & we also arranged dubai visa to get her biometrics done.

Last edited:

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Congrats! Were u exempt from travel restrictions under essential purpose & needed written authorization Ircc?
please share my husband has applied for his mother from India on Aug26 to help with my pregnancy & delivery. I am almost 9 months pregnant now.
As biometrics were closed in India since March & we also arranged dubai visa to get her biometrics done.
Thank you! I'm exempt of travel restrictions because my husband is Canadian, but I couldn't visit him cuz i didn't have the TRV, I don't need a written authorization because I qualify as immediate family member. Good luck with your mother-in-law visa.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I am curious to know if in fact your decision was made September 30 2020, as other members report that via GCMS notes they have found out their applications were in fact approved the same day as Biometrics validity/correspondence letter. People are being approved but not notified in some cases for MONTHS AFTER their approval. There seems to be a delay in many cases between the PPR and the decision which tends to be on the same day as Biometrics Validity Letter. In my case I have come to find out my biometrics letter was issued over 1 month ago with no decision showing online.

Please check the posts from member @bytenaija for reference. He found out he was approved August 2020 by requesting GCMS notes and still has not received PPR. I wonder if this is a widespread issue. ByteNaija's Post
Well, maybe. But the passport request letter had date of yesterday