+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV(Visitor Visa) for parents from USA- Received

Sabi16

Jun 10, 2020
Timeline for my application from Dallas (July 2020)
July 11th - Online application submitted
July 13th - Biometrics instruction letter received
July 14th - Biometrics done at local ASC
July 16th- Passport submission requested/Mailed the passport the same day with overnight shipping to Consulate in Los Angeles
July 17th- Passport stamped with visa and returned
July 20th- Passport received with visa stamped

Hope this helps with someone who is trying to apply from US for visitors to Canada.
PS: Parents are exempt to travel to Canada so this wont be applicable for tourism purpose at the given time.

Sabi16

Jun 10, 2020
Reactions: intelextreme

Vinesh271988

Jul 28, 2018
July 16th- Passport submission requested/Mailed the passport the same day with overnight shipping to Consulate in Los Angeles

Hope this helps with someone who is trying to apply from US for visitors to Canada.
PS: Parents are exempt to travel to Canada so this wont be applicable for tourism purpose at the given time.
Hi, would like to know if you have selected the purpose of travel as visiting family/tourism or others and then entered COVID-19 as description?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Out of interest why would a COVID 19 be a reason for visiting Canada. COVID 19 would seem to be a reason to not travel anywhere unless absolutely necessary which visiting/ tourism are not

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018

Hi, My Parents are in Dallas as well and we recieved our passport submission request yesterday. did you follow any directions for mailing the passport. can you help guide pls? the VFS site is very confusing. would appreciate a quick to do for the mailing in passport sections please.

r_ca

Mar 7, 2022

Hello, thanks for sharing the timeline, did you send the Passport with the 'original passport request' letter? Do we have to include any other document?

prseeker2

Apr 5, 2022
Hey guys,
I am applying Canada TRV for my parents as well from US. They are here on US visitor visa (will be staying for 6 months). I am not sure what would be the "Countries or Territories of Residence" I should be mentioning, so to be able to complete the process from us (i.e. biometrics, passport two way courier, stamping at LA VAC, etc). Kindly guide on this, thanks

@Sabi16 @r_ca please help, thanks!