+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Visit application delay

CV_Sarah

Aug 5, 2019
I applied for a TRV visit visa on June 26 in Dubai at VFS and completed my biometrics application at the same time. I am a married, employed nurse and my husband is in the UAE and won't travel with me. I have visited a few countries in the past and have been previously granted a Shengen visa. I also have a return air ticket and medical insurance for the duration of my trip. When I submitted my application the processing time was reported to be 31 days. The processing time did increase to 37 days, however, the application is still over this processing time. I tried to track my application on VFS but had been advised the application did not exist. I then tried to use the IRCC webform but there has been no response. I then tried to contact the Embassy in Abu Dhabi directly (I was told to do so when I called VFS). They confirmed they had my application but to get any further information I would need to use a different webform, so I tried this also but unfortunately did not recieve a response. As VFS in the UAE recommend that an air ticket is submitted with a TRV application, I did this. However, that departure date is in a few days and to get any refund back or minimize change penalties, I will need to do this quite soon. I tried to link my application online via the CIC website but this process requires a UCI number which unfortunately I did not take from my original application. I realize I did apply during a very busy period and certainly a learning for me next time! I wonder if there is any other channel or avenue I might be able to consult to understand the status of my application to help me make a decision about changing or perhaps cancelling my trip. Thank you for any guidance.

CV_Sarah

Aug 5, 2019
Any suggestions appreciated. It looks like from the volume of queries on this forum, there are a large number of applicants from the UAE who are in the same boat.

I noticed that a step confirming they are about to make a decision is usually an email quoting a UCI number. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? have not received any email or communication concerning the application, btw.

Thanks for any help.

CV_Sarah

Aug 5, 2019
Looks like the IRCC webforms aren't working, everyone. Just saw this update on the IRCC website. We have tried this channel twice however but no luck with any response- it says the page was last updated back in June, though (?)

Has anyone had more luck with physically GOING to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi? I don't want to be a nuisance but we are feeling a bit desperate for info to help us make a decision. Any further info much appreciated.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Issue with email responses
The web form is currently having some issues with email responses. You may not get an email confirming that we got your request. We’re still getting all the requests and we’ll answer you by email in 2 to 5 business days. We’re working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Carrod

Aug 6, 2019
I did get a response to my query raised on the Web Form but it doesn't specify what I shud do next.

It says contact the visa offices in UAE n they wl direct the next step.

Phone calls r not entertained by the embassy and email response may take 15 days which is very difficult to make any changes to travel plans.

Hope we get replies soon - is all that we can hope and pray for.

jd2017

Oct 22, 2016
I applied for a TRV visit visa on June 26 in Dubai at VFS and completed my biometrics application at the same time. I am a married, employed nurse and my husband is in the UAE and won't travel with me. I have visited a few countries in the past and have been previously granted a Shengen visa. I also have a return air ticket and medical insurance for the duration of my trip. When I submitted my application the processing time was reported to be 31 days. The processing time did increase to 37 days, however, the application is still over this processing time. I tried to track my application on VFS but had been advised the application did not exist. I then tried to use the IRCC webform but there has been no response. I then tried to contact the Embassy in Abu Dhabi directly (I was told to do so when I called VFS). They confirmed they had my application but to get any further information I would need to use a different webform, so I tried this also but unfortunately did not recieve a response. As VFS in the UAE recommend that an air ticket is submitted with a TRV application, I did this. However, that departure date is in a few days and to get any refund back or minimize change penalties, I will need to do this quite soon. I tried to link my application online via the CIC website but this process requires a UCI number which unfortunately I did not take from my original application. I realize I did apply during a very busy period and certainly a learning for me next time! I wonder if there is any other channel or avenue I might be able to consult to understand the status of my application to help me make a decision about changing or perhaps cancelling my trip. Thank you for any guidance.
Did you finally get it?