+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV visa processing time at Washington - help!

maddy739

May 4, 2012
I applied for trv at Washington through mail, it reached the embassy on April 26th. I have my travel on may 14th.

1. Do you know the recent processing time these days (the site says 30 days, wanted to know the actual time)
2. Since I have only 5 business days left, can I go in person to get it done? Wondering if. that is possible as I sent the applications through mail
3.email, phone didn't help, as I just get an automated response. Any other way to reach?

Please help with your answers...would really appreciate it. Thank you.

rebeccaq

May 10, 2012
I was in the same boat. Although it's Detroit, I think the timeline can be similar. They received my application on April 9, and cashed the money order on April 10, until as of today May 10, I got email reply ( after 10 times emails during those long time wait,without any reply....) saying they will mail out the passport by the end of today. I think they are really slow recently, last time I applied TRV, got my PP back in 2 weeks only.

rebeccaq

May 10, 2012
I don't think they will even allow you to get in the embassy after you mailed your application. Saw some people have done this before, but all were told to either email or fax to the embassy by the security person. Therefore, I don't think there's much you can do. All you can do is wait and continue shooting them emails hoping they can reply you some day.