+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV visa from India

Prasanth2811

Apr 27, 2020
Hi i have a valid study visa till march31st. I came to india for vacation and planned to go back on march 26 within expiry of study visa. But due to COVID-19 flight has been cancelled and now i am unable to fly. However i have valid pgwp work permit approval letter. But i don't have stamping on my passport to re enter canada. I applied TRV visa from india almost 35days still no updates the normal processing from india is 9days.Dont know what do can anyone please help me with my query. Contacted IRCC 10times using web form no reply. Is Vis offices are currently processing applications or not.

Gritiwa

Apr 28, 2021
Hi i have a valid study visa till march31st. I came to india for vacation and planned to go back on march 26 within expiry of study visa. But due to COVID-19 flight has been cancelled and now i am unable to fly. However i have valid pgwp work permit approval letter. But i don't have stamping on my passport to re enter canada. I applied TRV visa from india almost 35days still no updates the normal processing from india is 9days.Dont know what do can anyone please help me with my query. Contacted IRCC 10times using web form no reply. Is Vis offices are currently processing applications or not.
Hey Prashant, did you receive any update yet?

True1986

Jul 26, 2017
any one has updates on whether we should apply for visitor visa for parents ? please guide .. help appriciated

Kamal001

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
@legalfalcon can you please help?
I have valid Canadian open work permit till Oct. 2022. I applied for TRV Stamping inside Canada on May 4th 2021. I left Canada on May 29th due to medical reasons & I have not given any intimation to IRCC about that.
I also have applied for my PR in Non express entry Category on 27th May because I have provincial nominee certificate issued by Manitoba Provisional Nominee Program.
Now, I m in India from 31st may & try to get back to Canada as soon as possible. I would like to inquire about what course of action I should do.
Should I wait for few months for my TRV in normal processing time frame in Canada or do I need to post a webform.
If I would posted a webform, would it affect my PR process or PNP?
Please help me in deciding appropriate course of action. Thanks for ur valuable advice in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have valid Canadian open work permit till Oct. 2022. I applied for TRV Stamping inside Canada on May 4th 2021. I left Canada on May 29th due to medical reasons & I have not given any intimation to IRCC about that.
I also have applied for my PR in Non express entry Category on 27th May because I have provincial nominee certificate issued by Manitoba Provisional Nominee Program.
Now, I m in India from 31st may & try to get back to Canada as soon as possible. I would like to inquire about what course of action I should do.
Should I wait for few months for my TRV in normal processing time frame in Canada or do I need to post a webform.
Please help me in deciding appropriate course of action. Thanks for ur valuable advice in advance.
If you don’t have a valid TRV you must send a webform indicating that you are in India and need stamping to be done in India.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

The TRV and PR are separate processes.

For you to return to Canada you need a visa. If you already have a valid one, you can travel back. If not, you will have to inform IRCC that you are no longer in Canada and your application then will be dealt with by the local visa office which will issue you a visa after processing your application.

To inform IRCC of the change of address and country you can send a webform.

navi5

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request

I am in a similar situation. My work permit is valid till Sept 2022. I had to travel back to India in April and filled out the application for TRV in July 2021. Till now, I haven't received any update and they haven't started processing the application.

Is there any way to expedite the process? Can I raise a webform to inquire about the same or should I wait for the TRV application approval?
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

I am in a similar situation. My work permit is valid till Sept 2022. I had to travel back to India in April and filled out the application for TRV in July 2021. Till now, I haven't received any update and they haven't started processing the application.

Is there any way to expedite the process? Can I raise a webform to inquire about the same or should I wait for the TRV application approval?
Thank you
Unfortunately there is no way to expedite the process. You will have to wait. However, you can surely send a webform and inquire about the status.

The average processing times for all visas have increased.

Reactions: navi5