App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-07-2015 (In Process 9th Oct)
I applied for sponsorship for my Wife in May this year, we are expected Sponsorship approval by mid-june. I want to apply a TRV for her so that she can come visit me in Canada, as allowed through Dual Intent. Need your guidance for the following:

- What are the must haves for the application, I know its really hard to get a visa if you have applied for sponsorship. Any suggestions from those who have got a TRV under dual-intent. I have stated in my sponsorship application that I will be applying for TRV
- She is currently visiting america for a couple of months, I go meet her every weekend. Should I apply for a TRV from Michigan (where she is visiting) or when she gets back home in Pakistan. What would be the Pro's and Con's. If I do it from Michigan it saves me a 5hr drive every weekend and a return ticket for her.
- How can I show sufficient ties for her in Pakistan, she has a bank and works but does not own any assets.

Any other suggestions and your past experience will be helpful

sat1234

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Any comments for this ?

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
sat1234 said:
I applied for sponsorship for my Wife in May this year, we are expected Sponsorship approval by mid-june. I want to apply a TRV for her so that she can come visit me in Canada, as allowed through Dual Intent. Need your guidance for the following:

- What are the must haves for the application, I know its really hard to get a visa if you have applied for sponsorship. Any suggestions from those who have got a TRV under dual-intent. I have stated in my sponsorship application that I will be applying for TRV
- She is currently visiting america for a couple of months, I go meet her every weekend. Should I apply for a TRV from Michigan (where she is visiting) or when she gets back home in Pakistan. What would be the Pro's and Con's. If I do it from Michigan it saves me a 5hr drive every weekend and a return ticket for her.
- How can I show sufficient ties for her in Pakistan, she has a bank and works but does not own any assets.

Any other suggestions and your past experience will be helpful
This is a unique one. Generally, it is known to be very difficult to get a TRV with a Sponsorship Application in process but if your ties are string enough back home then you have a chance (one the main ties that I have seen that gives strength to the application is a full-time job to come back to). As for applying in the USA, generally I think that the visa must be applied from the permanent residence or citizenship country; not from a country you are visiting. They may tell her to go and apply from Pakistan. Best thing would be to either call CIC (the call center) or try and contact the Consulate. That is the best I can suggest. All the best!

sat1234

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Thanks Sam, Yea i will give the call center or embassy a call. Yes, she has a full time job so hopefully that goes in our favor