+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV VISA extension while PR profile is active

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
Hello Experts,
I am on spouse OWP. My permit was valid till 17 Jan 2019 however I got my work permit extension till Sept. Now I want to apply for VISA so that I can travel in between. In the meantime, I have created a profile to apply for PR. My EE profile is active at the moment.

So if I apply for VISA extension now, is it going to be a problem? I need to also apply TRV extension for my 4 years old daughter, whose TRV is expiring on 17th Jan 2019. Can I apply for the extension together?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Experts,
I am on spouse OWP. My permit was valid till 17 Jan 2019 however I got my work permit extension till Sept. Now I want to apply for VISA so that I can travel in between. In the meantime, I have created a profile to apply for PR. My EE profile is active at the moment.

So if I apply for VISA extension now, is it going to be a problem?
You haven't received an ITA yet. So, no issues about having an EE profile. Even if you did apply for EE PR, it would be considered as Dual Intent.

I need to also apply TRV extension for my 4 years old daughter, whose TRV is expiring on 17th Jan 2019. Can I apply for the extension together?
Yes, you can apply together

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
You haven't received an ITA yet. So, no issues about having an EE profile. Even if you did apply for EE PR, it would be considered as Dual Intent.

Yes, you can apply together
Thank you Bryanna for providing your input, I shall apply for extension without revoking the EE profile.