+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV visa approved -Multiple entry for parents

pharmacistgju

Apr 20, 2008
Hi,

I have received the TRV for my parents and its multiple entry visa. So I wanted to ask if there is any timeline in which they have to come to Canada or they can come anytime now. Nothing is specified on the visa though.

Thx,
Sumit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no timeline.

su22

Aug 26, 2016
pharmacistgju said:
Hi,

I have received the TRV for my parents and its multiple entry visa. So I wanted to ask if there is any timeline in which they have to come to Canada or they can come anytime now. Nothing is specified on the visa though.

Thx,
Sumit
When did you apply and from which city? Was it through online or paper based visa?

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
pharmacistgju said:
It was online application. they took 20 days to process it.

hey was your online application applied while outside canada and from which office was the visa issued???

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
pharmacistgju said:
ya it was applied online and visa office was delhi.

Great. My parents plus wife n daughter too applied online on 1st september 2016. but no response till now just update notifications in the email but nothing visible on mycic.

My parents already have two visas and wife has valid 10yr us visa (though she was rejected for canadian visa back in 2013) so they all qualified for Can+ programme so online application tool asked for way fewer documents. It did not ask for any financial details or itinerary.
It only asked for these documents :
Application form
family information form
representative form from my father
travel history
passport copies
marriage certificate

optional
letter of explanation

thats all the documents asked online. we still sent them financial documents using case specific form

what was your experience??? did they ask you for same documents or was your application under regular
also did they ask for any documents in-between???

pharmacistgju

Apr 20, 2008
It was pretty straight forward. They didn't ask me any document after I applied and Yes I applied regular TRV only. They sent my file to Delhi VFS how about you? Where did you apply?

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
pharmacistgju said:
It was pretty straight forward. They didn't ask me any document after I applied and Yes I applied regular TRV only. They sent my file to Delhi VFS how about you? Where did you apply?

My family has applied online on cic website. have received no response. so you mean to say your application went to vfs? i thought online applications are dealt by Canadian embassy themselves directly from the website. how did vfs get involved? or did you do paper filing with VFS?

pharmacistgju

Apr 20, 2008
No, I applied online only but with the passport request, I was advised to contact VFS by the embassy. So my parents sent their passports to them only.

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Hello members , I have questions to sponsor my mummy as PR .

I and my spouse are PR in Canada, both are working as professionals jobs .

I have no siblings and my mother is widow and staying alone in India . Can She gets PR faster , if we sponsor her . In base that there is no one look after for my mother and she has to be with me , as I can take care for her.

please advise .

thanks in advance .

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I am in the same situation as yours. About to apply for tourist visa for my mother.

Can you please advice as to what documents you had submitted with your file? Letter of invitation? Financial documents? Notice of assessment? Any documents which you would suggest to submit in the online application.

My mom has US 10 year visa. She also had super visa and Canada tourist visa in the past (both expired).

Thanks so much for your help..

Best,

pharmacistgju said:
Hi,

Thx,
Sumit

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sibhav said:
Hello members , I have questions to sponsor my mummy as PR .

I and my spouse are PR in Canada, both are working as professionals jobs .

I have no siblings and my mother is widow and staying alone in India . Can She gets PR faster , if we sponsor her . In base that there is no one look after for my mother and she has to be with me , as I can take care for her.

please advise .

thanks in advance .
1. No, there is no jumping the queue.
2. You could apply for a super visa for her, and she could visit for up to 2 years at a time.