+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Visa approved, but cannot drop off passport in 30( most likely)

marcus.807

Jul 21, 2020
TRV Visa approved

Approved on July 15, passport request stage now. However my country (thailand) has closed its border for months now. It is unlikely they will re-open in the next 25 days. I am locked out of my own country as I traveled some other country before it closed suddenly. I am extremely worried since its been closed for months, it is very likely they remain closed until god knows when.

Question
1. Who should i email and talk to about this ? I am asking if that 30 day period passport request can be extended. I hate to see my approved visa goto waste because I cannot return to my own country within the next 25 day.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
TRV Visa approved

Approved on July 15, passport request stage now. However my country (thailand) has closed its border for months now. It is unlikely they will re-open in the next 25 days. I am locked out of my own country as I traveled some other country before it closed suddenly. I am extremely worried since its been closed for months, it is very likely they remain closed until god knows when.

Question
1. Who should i email and talk to about this ? I am asking if that 30 day period passport request can be extended. I hate to see my approved visa goto waste because I cannot return to my own country within the next 25 day.
Where are you right now? You can send your passport to any visa office around the world; you don't have to be in Thailand.

There are also measures to extend the deadline, but again, you don't actually have to be tied to the visa office in your home country. If you are in a country that does not have an operating visa office, you may also send it to the nearest open visa office from where you are now.

Here are the Bangkok visa office's contact details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/bangkok.html

marcus.807

Jul 21, 2020
Where are you right now? You can send your passport to any visa office around the world; you don't have to be in Thailand.

There are also measures to extend the deadline, but again, you don't actually have to be tied to the visa office in your home country. If you are in a country that does not have an operating visa office, you may also send it to the nearest open visa office from where you are now.

Here are the Bangkok visa office's contact details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/bangkok.html
Oh really ? I am currently in Myanmar right now. I applied online and did the biometrics in bangkok.
I can go-to another Canada visa office to drop off my passport ? Ok I'll try that.
Wow thanks !

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
TRV Visa approved

Question
When did you apply?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Oh really ? I am currently in Myanmar right now. I applied online and did the biometrics in bangkok.
I can go-to another Canada visa office to drop off my passport ? Ok I'll try that.
Wow thanks !
Weeeeell, according to this, the visa office in Rangoon is temporarily closed. You may have to deal with the Bangkok office after all.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Contact the Bangkok office, and perhaps there's a way to courier your passport to them, or extend your submission.

Pretty sure considerations will be given because of the pandemic.

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
TRV Visa approved

Question
Hey. Dont worry about 30 days time. Ircc extended all the 30 days to 90 days so you have time. You also can send your passport with passport request letter to any visa office to get your visa. Worse to worse if you cant submit your passport to any visa office in 90 days I am sure they wont cancel your visa as you can see the world situation. Its important that you got approval. You also can email the Canadian embassy in Bangkok where you apply and tell them them situation.

Can I ask if you apply as a Visitor or immediate family? What was the purpose of visit?

marcus.807

Jul 21, 2020
Hey. Dont worry about 30 days time. Ircc extended all the 30 days to 90 days so you have time. You also can send your passport with passport request letter to any visa office to get your visa. Worse to worse if you cant submit your passport to any visa office in 90 days I am sure they wont cancel your visa as you can see the world situation. Its important that you got approval. You also can email the Canadian embassy in Bangkok where you apply and tell them them situation.

Can I ask if you apply as a Visitor or immediate family? What was the purpose of visit?
Just as a visitor, not immediate family. I would be going as a tourist and do some sightseeing. I will just hang on to my visa, won't travel till virus goes away.

marcus.807

Jul 21, 2020
Weeeeell, according to this, the visa office in Rangoon is temporarily closed. You may have to deal with the Bangkok office after all.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Contact the Bangkok office, and perhaps there's a way to courier your passport to them, or extend your submission.

Pretty sure considerations will be given because of the pandemic.
Yea, that makes sense. I'll send them an email to ask for extend my passport submission.

marcus.807

Jul 21, 2020

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
Applied for my GTS in March and gave biometrics last week. But I have no idea when to expect a passport request, I'm in USA now. I will have to leave US in 5 weeks so this delay is crazy. Has anyone received passport requests recently for GTS?