+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV transfer to Canada

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
Good Day All,
I applied for a TRV for my neice at the Port-of-Spain office ( Trinidad) since November 2020, to-date still in progress , i used the webform to email the high commission and i got reply in 2 hrs that TRV applications are transferred to Canada for processing. Due to covid this may take longer than normal.

My question is, did anyone else had a TRV file transferred to Canada for processing and what what it like in terms of turn around time and approval rate ?

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am very much aware of the travel restriction, that was not my question.
And I answered…many have. Depending on the work load, applications are transferred to different offices. As for turn around time, average times for Trinidad are 300 days. So expect a response some time in October.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
That's why it's always pregee
I am very much aware of the travel restriction, that was not my question.
That's why it's always preferable to apply ONLINE, so that it goes directly to IRCC.

Don't bother about the 300 days... It changes every week.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's why it's always pregee

That's why it's always preferable to apply ONLINE, so that it goes directly to IRCC.

Don't bother about the 300 days... It changes every week.
Given that the person applying doesn't qualify to travel anymore there are good chances it will be a lengthy process. It already has.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
Given that the person applying doesn't qualify to travel anymore there are good chances it will be a lengthy process. It already has.
That's what i worry for, these long processing time, each week i check processing time and only seeing upward movements. :( oh well i already waiting 200+ days. I am not so worry of approval as the entire family hold TRV including her parents, just the long wait, start to make you wonder.

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
That's what i worry for, these long processing time, each week i check processing time and only seeing upward movements. :( oh well i already waiting 200+ days. I am not so worry of approval as the entire family hold TRV including her parents, just the long wait, start to make you wonder.
It says that they are prioritizing applications of people who are exempt from travel exemptions.
From what I understood, your niece can't travel right now due to the current restrictions, so her application might take some time.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
It's not right to mislead people; no official has said "he's not qualified to travel ANYMORE"...
There's just a temporal restriction for non-essential travellers; which may be uplifted at anytime! Moreover, it doesn't prevent VO from processing his TRV application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's not right to mislead people; no official has said "he's not qualified to travel ANYMORE"...
There's just a temporal restriction for non-essential travellers; which may be uplifted at anytime! Moreover, it doesn't prevent VO from processing his TRV application.
They have been very clear that people that can travel are prioritized so the posted processing times are likely to be applicable in this case.

Reactions: ABMM

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
He/she didn't say anything wrong.
It is clearly stated in the IRCC website that they are currently prioritizing applications from those who are exempt from travel restrictions.

Last edited:

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
We're all here to advice one another; we're not here to make judgements or decisions on their cases. After all, we all are at the mercy of the VOs.

That is how, some few years back, many were trying to decide for me... But I got my visa; they got rejected, with all their VIP and Star statuses. Nothing is permanent; let people go ahead with their applications, by the time they get visas, it may be a new day. Things are changing in Canada daily, as I'm following the updates.

Reactions: Camus182