+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to visit sister

Azm2342

Feb 28, 2021
I applied for a TRV with my family to visit my sister in Canada, but the visa application was refused. She is hospitalized and we wanted to visit her.

My history is:
I have a Canada visa refusal in the year 2015. Once I have been denied entry in USA the second time on a student visa (2016) I went as they thought I will go back to my country without studying because I came back within 3 weeks as I was home sick. Then I have been refused U.S.A visas on 5 occasions (2016 & 2017) reason being they thought if I go I may come back to my country without studying. I declared all of this.

The Canada reason for refusal is:
1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history
3. Personal assets and financial status

* I provided the hospital letter stating her current conditions in Canada and also an invitation letter for the purpose of travel which was for 1 month.

* I provided our overseas travel to Germany, Singapore, Russia, Cyprus, South Africa, Brazil, Maldives, France, Japan and Saudi Arabia with my family for tourism. All travel were between 5 days and 3 weeks. These travel were between 2016 to 2019 Feb.

* I provided my personal savings last 6 months bank statement of showing CAD $ 13,500.00, Fixed Deposit showing for the past 2 years of CAD $50,000.00, six months business bank accounts with an average balance of CAD $4000.00, credit cards limit of CAD $15,000.00, business certificate, last 3 years income tax returns with a net profit of CAD $145,000.00 per year. 7 properties under my name, 4 vehicles under my name and my two children school confirmation aged 10 and 12.

I'm from Sri Lanka. Can anyone help how to overcome this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for a TRV with my family to visit my sister in Canada, but the visa application was refused. She is hospitalized and we wanted to visit her.

My history is:
I have a Canada visa refusal in the year 2015. Once I have been denied entry in USA the second time on a student visa (2016) I went as they thought I will go back to my country without studying because I came back within 3 weeks as I was home sick. Then I have been refused U.S.A visas on 5 occasions (2016 & 2017) reason being they thought if I go I may come back to my country without studying. I declared all of this.

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

* I provided the hospital letter stating her current conditions in Canada and also an invitation letter for the purpose of travel which was for 1 month.

* I provided our overseas travel to Germany, Singapore, Russia, Cyprus, South Africa, Brazil, Maldives, France, Japan and Saudi Arabia with my family for tourism. All travel were between 5 days and 3 weeks. These travel were between 2016 to 2019 Feb.

* I provided my personal savings last 6 months bank statement of showing CAD $ 13,500.00, Fixed Deposit showing for the past 2 years of CAD $50,000.00, six months business bank accounts with an average balance of CAD $4000.00, credit cards limit of CAD $15,000.00, business certificate, last 3 years income tax returns with a net profit of CAD $145,000.00 per year. 7 properties under my name, 4 vehicles under my name and my two children school confirmation aged 10 and 12.

Could you clarify what you mean about being refused entry to the US and being being denied a student visa but leaving because you were homesick. This could certainly be a reason for the denial. Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Without being too personal is this a life and death issue? Are you aware that many hospitals are not allowing visitors. Have you included a letter from her doctor indicating what is the reason for your visit. Is it for moral support or does she need help with medical care/personal care? If she doesn't have a support system in Canada that would help your application. Did you apply for your spouse and children as well? You should limit your application to just you so you have ties to Sri Lanka. You also are only showing 13.5K which is not enough to support more than you to travel to Canada. If anything it is not a lot for one person if you include your flight, your 3 day hotel quarantine and then the rest of your quarantine plus the 2 other weeks of travel. In general the assets from your business will not help your application. The fact that you have a business does create ties to Sri Lanka. Have you ever applied for PR, study permit or work permit?

Azm2342

Feb 28, 2021
* I submitted the hospital letter which included the doctor's full report on my sister. And also a seperate letter from her doctor addressing to the Canada High Commission stating her current health conditions. She's currently in ICU struggling for her life. Mostly the letter included she's fighting for her life and a full report on her current health condition.

* I applied with my family

* I not only showed my personal savings of CAD $13,500.00 but also included my Fixed Deposit with CAD $50,000.00 (totalling to CAD $63,500.00)

* When I visited the U.S, I could not stay there beyond 3 weeks as I felt home sick. The reason I went to U.S is for studies. Since I came home on a short time, the immigration official thought i will do the same again and not study; so they refused entry.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

My history is:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

One possible reason is that you included the whole family in your application .If it’s a dire situation, then only you should be in the application, more so because of the pandemic

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It must be a stressful time. When you say applied with “my family” who is included in your application. Your family members aren’t covered under current travel exemptions. You should apply on your own. You have a lot of refusals to explain too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previously mentioned you should really only be applying for yourself if you want the best chance of approval. Have your spouse and children in Sri Lanka creates ties to your home country and with only 13.5K that is not enough for a whole family to visit.