+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV REJECTED

Arif Rizvi

Jun 19, 2019
My visit visa was rejected along with my kids (Daughter aged 14 and son aged 19)

My application was rejected on following grounds.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

My purpose to travel was purely to meet my sister who is a Canadian citizen and my brothers who were travelling from USA (they are US Citizen), it was sort of a family re-union, whereas my father is also currently visiting Canada and currently he is in USA.

I had attached all document required to fulfill visa requirement (my Bank statement (Local and Foreign Currency (with sufficient funds)), salary bank statement, salary slip etc, plus I had shown my wife’s property (she is a tax payer) along with valuation). I had also shown job letter where I have been working since last 19 years and that also in senior management position withdrawing handsome salary.

I was leaving behind my wife and my eldest son, who is perusing his MASTERS DEGREE.

My kids were really looking forward to this international vacation with cousins, aunt and uncles, the reason for writing is to know how else one can satisfy the visa officer. Why would a person not return to his wife / properties / bank balance and a lucrative job (Employed since last 19 years), which is a bit hard to understand?

I seek guidance as to what I need to do to fulfill the requirement against the objection raised. Guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited:

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Hey Arif,

It seems like you had a strong case but not sure why they thought you won't return back.

I am pretty much a newbie on this and seeking advice myself. But I'd say showing the foreign currency account can kinda raise suspicions. Also if the cost of the holiday for the 3 of you inc flights is for example, $6000.00, you should have savings of around $36,000 in my opinion (some people can get away with lower definitely).

Plus the kids, 14 and 19 year olds, did you show enough ties for them - apart from obviously the family. Also how many weeks did you say you would go for?

If your salary is above CA $1500 a month and you can show progression in your account, show the school holidays approved for the kids, your own holiday letter from the company, I think it may just be the way the application was presented that it didn't quite highlight the most important ties and didn't showcase the consistency of your financials properly.

Hope all goes better for you Arif!

Arif Rizvi

Jun 19, 2019
That is exactly what i am confused about, Foreign Currency has been maintained by me since long time, and i park my local currency into FC, all legal,

Total Travelling cost for myself and my 2 kids was around US$ 6,000. i had showed around $25,000 fund available in my bank account + Wife's Property worth US$ 190,000. my salary is way above US$ 1500/=, Summer Holiday everyone know. and i was simply going there for for 15 days. it was sort of re-union, my brothers were also coming from USA.

it was my kids who were really looking forward to this vacation with aunt / uncle and cousins.

Canada's loss, i am now taking my kids to Thailand and that also the entire family.

But yes i will apply again next year. and in the meantime i have also filed a request for GCMS.

It really sometimes pisses me off when i see people submitted fake documents and get away with it and people like us are deprived of it.

Lastly I have a firm believe on GOD ALWAYS HAS BETTER PLANS FOR YOU. so no sweat

rose.mary

Mar 27, 2019
That is exactly what i am confused about, Foreign Currency has been maintained by me since long time, and i park my local currency into FC, all legal,

Total Travelling cost for myself and my 2 kids was around US$ 6,000. i had showed around $25,000 fund available in my bank account + Wife's Property worth US$ 190,000. my salary is way above US$ 1500/=, Summer Holiday everyone know. and i was simply going there for for 15 days. it was sort of re-union, my brothers were also coming from USA.

it was my kids who were really looking forward to this vacation with aunt / uncle and cousins.

Canada's loss, i am now taking my kids to Thailand and that also the entire family.

But yes i will apply again next year. and in the meantime i have also filed a request for GCMS.

It really sometimes pisses me off when i see people submitted fake documents and get away with it and people like us are deprived of it.

Lastly I have a firm believe on GOD ALWAYS HAS BETTER PLANS FOR YOU. so no sweat
I provided all the necessary documents.. 50000 cad, property, decent job, invitation and still got rejected, I think its all about the money. I am Iranian and all the Iranian billionaires are coming and going to Canada with zero problems, but normal hard working people like me.. rejected

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also think your 19 year old doesn’t have very good ties to Pakistan. He is 19 years old so an adult and even if he is studying he could decide to stay in Canada or claim asylum. Young adults who are pursuing post secondary education often get refused.