+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Rejected. What could be the reason?

Avinashredthu

Jan 9, 2020
Hello,

TRV for my to-be-wife is rejected on the basis of purpose of visit as detailed below:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My sister who is a canadian citizen invited her like she is inviting a friend.

We provided the following as documentation:

Purpose of visit letter with detailed itinerary of places she will visit, where she will stay, how she will travel to those places inside Canada.
Employment records such as offer letter, paystubs, NOC from employer
Bank statements showing proof of funds about 5000 CAD per person for period of 8 days stay in Canada.
Property documents to show strong ties in India

Still unsure of why they are not satisfied with submission all the above documents.

Just to clarify, she has a fresh passport and no international travel history.

Experts, please pitch in with your expertise.
Hey Anish, Can you please share your timeline and which country you applied from? Just wondering if visas are still being processed.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In
Hey Anish, Can you please share your timeline and which country you applied from? Just wondering if visas are still being processed.
Visas are still being processed by IRCC. I applied TRV for my fiance throughout online from Canada.

Hafsat

Apr 6, 2020
Hi,

I am currently a student in the United States from Nigeria and I had applied to renew my student visa at one of the US consulates in Canada, a day after putting in my application, it got rejected with only the following reason:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
I applied for the same process in 2017 and was given a visa by the Canadian and US embassy after which I returned back to the US to continue with school. Now again even after being granted visa the first time and providing all travel history and necessary documents, still got denied. Please what could be the reason for my denial. Is there a way to appeal this instead of going through the whole application process again?

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Do post her timeline so that I can be able to assist you and getting married should be a scare too I have seen spouses from this forum get visas while PR being processed

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

I am currently a student in the United States from Nigeria and I had applied to renew my student visa at one of the US consulates in Canada, a day after putting in my application, it got rejected with only the following reason:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
I applied for the same process in 2017 and was given a visa by the Canadian and US embassy after which I returned back to the US to continue with school. Now again even after being granted visa the first time and providing all travel history and necessary documents, still got denied. Please what could be the reason for my denial. Is there a way to appeal this instead of going through the whole application process again?
Yes, it's called judicial review . You have to get a lawyer in Canada involved, and it costs $$$$
You can't renew your visa in the United States ? Btw with the current border situation, I highly doubt they'd let enter anyway. It wouldn't be considered essential

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Would consider another visa office. Due to the large volume of a Nigerians arriving and claiming asylum it will be difficult to get approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am getting married to her by July. At that point of time it is so difficult to strengthen her ties to home by buying a property or influxing some huge amount of funds for the purpose of demonstrating financial stability. Only option would be to apply for her outland PR while after I am back to Canada and try for visit visa later which again stands a lower success rate.
She has a very weak application. He only real tie is a job, no international travel, no property in her name, no savings. Even with time it would have been difficult to change the outcome. You will just have to apply outland which many people do. Hopefully your wedding will not have to be cancelled!

Reactions: Anishcool