+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected - please help

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
His mom’s property is not his and not a tie. He is a grown man. When do you think you will work full-time if studying full-time, and have a toddler that requires full-time day care? Your study permit was approved based on you being able to afford it, and your husband not accompanying you (ties to return). If son’s TRV is refused for same reason then it is because he is your tie to return. If approved, then come to Canada with your son.
I understand, thank you for making it clear.
If I come with our son, and later we apply for hubby to come, should it be SOWP only? Can his application be rejected again?

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
So he has just enough to support himself. That will be one reason for refusal. Your funds are only enough to support yourself in Canada. He has not funds.
The thing is we added 3.5k CAD more to our account just for his 3-week stay with us. Obviously that did not make any difference. We should ve better added the funds to his account, ugh.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, cant argue on this.
Do you think keeping the funds in his salary account will lead to a success as a result of reapplication?
If the company is international, any possibility for an internal transfer to Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understand, thank you for making it clear.
If I come with our son, and later we apply for hubby to come, should it be SOWP only? Can his application be rejected again?
SOWP has a higher chance of approval but he still needs to show strong ties to return and his family will all be in Canada. Adding $3.5k is not a lot. If son is refused, then if you defer then he may need a study permit too.

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
SOWP has a higher chance of approval but he still needs to show strong ties to return and his family will all be in Canada. Adding $3.5k is not a lot. If son is refused, then if you defer then he may need a study permit too.
Hmm I see. From what age kids need study permit, could you please share?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hmm I see. From what age kids need study permit, could you please share?
Depends on birthday and province. In Ontario, kids can start Pre-K at age 3 if birthday is from Sept-Dec. And then it is to get on the waiting list for before and after school care…can take years. Factor in if school is in walking distance or you need a car to drop and pick him up. If going to a public school, it is the school in your catchment area.

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
Depends on birthday and province. In Ontario, kids can start Pre-K at age 3 if birthday is from Sept-Dec.
Son will turn 3 in Jul, assume he gets TRV now and we two travel without hubby, will I need to apply SP for son from inside Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Son will turn 3 in Jul, assume he gets TRV now and we two travel without hubby, will I need to apply SP for son from inside Canada?
School may ask for study permit for him to attend. Many school boards are asking for study permits. Assume you have looked into the school board and catchment area where you will be living and if you can walk or need to take bus.

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
School may ask for study permit for him to attend. Many school boards are asking for study permits. Assume you have looked into the school board and catchment area where you will be living and if you can walk or need to take bus.
I see, will clarify that from the daycare. Thank you @Naturgrl very much and sorry for the flush of questions. You truly help me and others. May this kindness and support be always returned to you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No need to apply for a study permit until he turns 4. The bigger issue is how are you going to support yourselves? Have you looked at the cost of housing? Most apartments are unfurnished? If coming to Canada as an adult you can rough it but you can’t live with only a mattress on the ground and a few kitchen items with a child. You can also easily rent a room when single but with children you typically have to rent a whole apartment and landlords typically want to show proof of employment or proof of significant savings. Many families are offering 6 months rent in advance to try and secure a home because the market is very competitive and most don’t have Canadian employment secured.There is a housing shortage especially affordable housing. What about childcare? Securing a childcare spot is even more competitive than housing in many areas. Although many areas are supposed to have $10/day childcare you may not be able to secure a spot at that rate. For many professionals it doesn’t make sense to work because the cost of childcare is so high that you wouldn’t earn any or much money by working especially during the evenings or on weekends when student can typically work. Most international students struggle to supper themselves and they have been able to work over 20 hours this year. Even if when work limits go back to 20 hours a week many work under the table out of necessity to try and cover as much as their costs. An OWP shouldn’t take 10 months but could take 6 months. If your spouse wants live in Canada the OWP is really the only option. If they apply for a TRV they will need to convince IRCC that they are truly only coming to visit their family in Canada and have proof they are returning to their home country after the visit, returning work, etc. I would suggest speaking to current international students with children attending your school in Canada about the realities of living in Canada with a young child and the actual costs. Unfortunately IRCC only makes students have 10k for living expenses when the costs are probably double if you include travel and you at living a pretty basic life and sharing accommodations with others.

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
Thank you @canuck78
What you are saying is really makes sense.
I know one family of 4 who live there with kids, currently they live in airbnb.
Daycare space is secured for my son at 18$ per day (great beginnings daycare near U of Windsor)
I will read the notes once I have and given the hardship of living there as a single parent, I believe the best option, as you advise, if to have a spouse with OWP. Only I doubt IRCC will grant an OWP at all and before our trip date :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you @canuck78
What you are saying is really makes sense.
I know one family of 4 who live there with kids, currently they live in airbnb.
Daycare space is secured for my son at 18$ per day (great beginnings daycare near U of Windsor)
I will read the notes once I have and given the hardship of living there as a single parent, I believe the best option, as you advise, if to have a spouse with OWP. Only I doubt IRCC will grant an OWP at all and before our trip date :(
There is zero chances that your spouse will get an OWP before January. It’s good that you secured daycare during the day but if you need to work students usually work in the evenings or weekend. It will be extremely difficult to work in Canada with a young child so you will have to factor that into your budget. Your child has also not secured a TRV yet.

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
@canuck78 I got that, thank you!
Then I believe I better defer and wait for fam to get visas.
Is there a chance to get a remote job from a Canadian employer while studying? Working remotely could've helped my financial case.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@canuck78 I got that, thank you!
Then I believe I better defer and wait for fam to get visas.
Is there a chance to get a remote job from a Canadian employer while studying? Working remotely could've helped my financial case.
You need to do a job search and see if you can find remote work. Most likely, you will not get job with Canadian employer until you are in Canada.

Reactions: cizawcan