+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected.. Kindly help

Mnaj

Jun 14, 2019
Hi there..
Today our TRV applications were rejected. Following is the mail i received.. The same was received by my husband and our two children's applications were rejected as well.
My husband was the main applicant and we wished to visit my own sister's family at calgary, canada, who are PR there and we had plans to visit nearby places and Niagara during our trip...
We had no idea to prolong our stay at canada.My husband is running business and children are under 12 studying here in india.
Kindly let us know what all information might be needed to convince officers about our stay in our next reapplication.

The mail says..

This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant’s travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi there..
Today our TRV applications were rejected. Following is the mail i received.. The same was received by my husband and our two children's applications were rejected as well.
My husband was the main applicant and we wished to visit my own sister's family at calgary, canada, who are PR there and we had plans to visit nearby places and Niagara during our trip...
We had no idea to prolong our stay at canada.My husband is running business and children are under 12 studying here in india.
Kindly let us know what all information might be needed to convince officers about our stay in our next reapplication.

The mail says..

This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant’s travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

What documents did you provide for purpose of travel?

Mnaj

Jun 14, 2019
What documents did you provide for purpose of travel?
Family visit was the purpose of visit... We submitted sponsor invitation letter from my sis n bil.. His employment details.. Bank statements.. Residence permit copy.. Tenancy agreement copy and what all was required.

Mnaj

Jun 14, 2019
Family visit was the purpose of visit... We submitted sponsor invitation letter from my sis n bil.. His employment details.. Bank statements.. Residence permit copy.. Tenancy agreement copy and what all was required.
But we didn't buy tickets because there is always chances of refusal of visas..

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Invitation Letter is a different option when you upload docs (in online filing) and Purpose of travel is different and a very important factor if the applicant has weak or no travel history.

You are right, one should not book tickets as there is always a chance of deferring/cancelling them. What people do is create a day-by-day itinerary of the time they intend to stay in Canada and reserve tickets (not book), where the person is charged few days before the tickets so they would have to an option to changes/cancel it. Having a strong purpose of travel is very important if one does not have travel history.

Some common purposes, but not limited to, when people have successfully got visas.
1. Child's or close family member's convocation
2. A wedding in family
3. Tourism, generally if having prior tourist history

Last edited:

Mnaj

Jun 14, 2019
Invitation Letter is a different option when you upload docs (in online filing) and Purpose of travel is different and a very important factor if the applicant has weak or no travel history.

You are right, one should not book tickets as there is always a chance of deferring/cancelling them. What people do is create a day-by-day itinerary of the time they intend to stay in Canada and reserve tickets (not book), where the person is charged few days before the tickets so they would have to an option to changes/cancel it. Having a strong purpose of travel is very important if one does not travel history.

Some common purposes, but not limited to, when people have successfully got visas.
1. Child's or close family member's convocation
2. A wedding in family
3. Tourism, generally if having prior tourist history
Thanks for ur response.. We are planning now to create a itinerary but have a doubt... If we plan for 3 weeks(eg), will they give visa for 3 weeks period only or..?