+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected can i apply dependent visa

Amrutha

Oct 8, 2013
Hi,
I am International student for business management 2year program. i got my SIN number immediately after coming to canada. I came to canada on 12th September,2013. Now, my husband have applied for TRV visa on 27th September,2013 and got rejected. Now I want him to apply for Dependent visa. can he do that. And please tell me how much do we need to reapply for the visa? I am very very worried about this status now. please tell me will get the visa once again if he apply for dependent. once consultancy guy was tell that he shouldn't applied for TRV when i am an International student. He is saying that my husband can dependent visa now immediately. is that correct ? or do you wish me to wait for sometime? please help me out?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Amrutha said:
Hi,
I am International student for business management 2year program. i got my SIN number immediately after coming to canada. I came to canada on 12th September,2013. Now, my husband have applied for TRV visa on 27th September,2013 and got rejected. Now I want him to apply for Dependent visa. can he do that. And please tell me how much do we need to reapply for the visa? I am very very worried about this status now. please tell me will get the visa once again if he apply for dependent. once consultancy guy was tell that he shouldn't applied for TRV when i am an International student. He is saying that my husband can dependent visa now immediately. is that correct ? or do you wish me to wait for sometime? please help me out?
1. There is no such animal as a "dependent visa". He applies for a TRV.
2. To re-apply, he has to overcome the reasons for the first refusal.

Finally

Aug 13, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Will be waived
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
Will be waived
Med's Done....
Will be waived
Interview........
Will be waived
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Amrutha said:
Hi,
Almost 90% of the spouses of international students are refused TRVs. Your consultant is correct. What your husband should apply for is a spousal "open work permit." You have the right to have your husband work to support you throughout the duration of your studies. For TRVs, you need to prove that your husband will return after his visit. No matter what documents you include in your application, the TRV will most likely be refused because it's your husband and he won't like the idea of leaving Canada after 6 months. It is better to state that he will live with you for the entire 2 years of your program. Finally, whatever your consultant's fee, I have an immigration adviser who will take just half (50%) of the money and render a far better service. Cheers!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Finally said:
Almost 90% of the spouses of international students are refused TRVs. Your consultant is correct. What your husband should apply for is a spousal "open work permit." You have the right to have your husband work to support you throughout the duration of your studies. For TRVs, you need to prove that your husband will return after his visit. No matter what documents you include in your application, the TRV will most likely be refused because it's your husband and he won't like the idea of leaving Canada after 6 months. It is better to state that he will live with you for the entire 2 years of your program. Finally, whatever your consultant's fee, I have an immigration adviser who will take just half (50%) of the money and render a far better service. Cheers!
well her husband could apply for TRV or Open work permit with same chances.....TRV for spouses does not mean they have to leave after 6 months .....if u apply for TRV as a spouse and attach documents like marriage cert and study permit with ur application u get visa for the same duration as spouses study permit and at port of entry u get a visitors permit for the same duration as ur spouses study permit. So documents required for both open work permit and TRV are the same no difference.....my wife came with me on a TRV and has a visitors permit for 2 years...also do not go for consultants or agents they screw up most of the time

DevPratap

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hi ,

I'm going to Canada on student visa , I have to take care of my wife and kid , in this case do I need to apply wife and kids Visitor visa prior to my student visa , or I go for TRV or Open Work Permit.which option is more safe.

Looking forward for advice.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
DevPratap said:
Hi ,

I'm going to Canada on student visa , I have to take care of my wife and kid , in this case do I need to apply wife and kids Visitor visa prior to my student visa , or I go for TRV or Open Work Permit.which option is more safe.

Looking forward for advice.
u can apply together or u can apply for ur wife after ur study permit. and TRV is visitors visa. u just have to add ur study permit/visa to ur wifes application of TRV/visitors visa so at POE she will get visitors permit for the duration of ur study permit.

DevPratap

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
mead said:
u can apply together or u can apply for ur wife after ur study permit. and TRV is visitors visa. u just have to add ur study permit/visa to ur wifes application of TRV/visitors visa so at POE she will get visitors permit for the duration of ur study permit.
Cheers. Mead.

What documents do u think I need to show for my wife's TRV , as currently she is doing her Masters and completed her 1st year will it make strong tie to native country .
Or should I apply before my student visa for her and kid for vacation in Canada. Doesn't make any sense .

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
DevPratap said:
Cheers. Mead.

What documents do u think I need to show for my wife's TRV , as currently she is doing her Masters and completed her 1st year will it make strong tie to native country .
Or should I apply before my student visa for her and kid for vacation in Canada. Doesn't make any sense .
how can you apply for her visa before ur? ur not getting the point she may not get it for the duration of ur studies if u apply before u and u still have to write family information.....also u need an invitation from someone in canada to apply for visitors visa or u should be with a tour group ....u need all the TRV documents , marriage certificate, ur passport ,visa, copy of ur admission letter, ur study permit/LOI , financial documents and her academic and work documents etc

DevPratap

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
mead said:
how can you apply for her visa before ur? ur not getting the point she may not get it for the duration of ur studies if u apply before u and u still have to write family information.....also u need an invitation from someone in canada to apply for visitors visa or u should be with a tour group ....u need all the TRV documents , marriage certificate, ur passport ,visa, copy of ur admission letter, ur study permit/LOI , financial documents and her academic and work documents etc
Cheers