+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused - reapplication (weird advice from consultant)

Mar 27, 2019
Hi everyone,
So my sister-in-law's tourist visa was rejected for the following reasons: travel history, purpose of visit, family ties in Canada and in country of residence, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status (so, pretty much everything...)

She went to see an immigration consultant who recommended to put her father as the sponsor for the trip instead of my husband (her brother who lives here in Canada). Her father is working, but doesn't have a very high salary (maybe 4000$ in bank account) nor a steady employment history. How does this recommendation make sense?

Also, she plans to have one of her friends provide a letter of employment saying she will go back to work after the trip (she doesn't work there, her friend will only provide the letter) and the consultant agreed with this idea. Does anyone know if CIC will cross-check the previously provided employment history (which did not mention this job)? Am I crazy to think that this letter will stand out as a fraud?

Anyone else has experience with recommendations along these lines from consultants? Thank you for your help!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi everyone,
So my sister-in-law's tourist visa was rejected for the following reasons: travel history, purpose of visit, family ties in Canada and in country of residence, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status (so, pretty much everything...)

She went to see an immigration consultant who recommended to put her father as the sponsor for the trip instead of my husband (her brother who lives here in Canada). Her father is working, but doesn't have a very high salary (maybe 4000$ in bank account) nor a steady employment history. How does this recommendation make sense?

Also, she plans to have one of her friends provide a letter of employment saying she will go back to work after the trip (she doesn't work there, her friend will only provide the letter) and the consultant agreed with this idea. Does anyone know if CIC will cross-check the previously provided employment history (which did not mention this job)? Am I crazy to think that this letter will stand out as a fraud?

Anyone else has experience with recommendations along these lines from consultants? Thank you for your help!
CIC does background check. And also, in case of misterpretation, the applicant not only gets a rejection but also a 5 years ban from Canada.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Don't submit falsified documents like a fake reference letter. That's an excellent way to get banned from Canada.

If the consultant's suggestion is to not mention a brother in Canada, that's also a horrible idea. The visa officers do compare records against what was previously submitted to find out changes.

I fear your consultant may be encouraging the submission of fake documents and that is a very very bad idea.

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks guys. Exactly my thoughts too. Also I worry that it could impact her parents' visas who just got approved with relatively weak ties and personal finances. It will be their first time travelling abroad :-(

Reactions: myra20sharma

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you parents have been approved that hurts the sisters case because a large number of family members could be in Canada. For a TRV she would have to show she could pay for her trip so her BIL couldn’t sponsor the trip. As single with not strong ties and finances she will have a tough time getting a visa.

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't submit falsified documents like a fake reference letter. That's an excellent way to get banned from Canada.

If the consultant's suggestion is to not mention a brother in Canada, that's also a horrible idea. The visa officers do compare records against what was previously submitted to find out changes.

I fear your consultant may be encouraging the submission of fake documents and that is a very very bad idea.
is there any question about sibling status in TRV application?? i recently filled an application form but didnt find any field related to sibling.. even in family information form there no question related to brother or sister... could you please clarify?