+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused...one reason...lack of travel history...require expert advice please

sahar999

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
13-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2017
Hello. My cousin was refused his visit visa and one of the reasons is lack of travel history. He has traveled to Thailand a few times and has been back and forth between Dubai and Pakistan a number of times. What else can we do to prove travel history? Please advise, how should we tackle this?? ???

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Travel -- take a tour of Switzerland. Visit Taiwan. Go to Greece. Travel somewhere that requires a visa.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
sahar999 said:
Hello. My cousin was refused his visit visa and one of the reasons is lack of travel history. He has traveled to Thailand a few times and has been back and forth between Dubai and Pakistan a number of times. What else can we do to prove travel history? Please advise, how should we tackle this?? ???
Travel History is only a matter when your other documentation wasn't solid enough. We need more details on the other reasons for refusal as well of the specifics of the case. Please elaborate.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to some developed countries. No point travelling to underdeveloped countries. It dosent add credibility to your travel portfolio

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
My wifes visa was also refused for travel history- even though i included the visa she had to apply for singapore and passport stamps for thailand. Is that what they mean by travel history lack of it or not travelling to a developed nation

M

mikeymyke

To be honest, Singapore & Thailand don't really help much. Even though Singapore is a highly developed country, it has pretty lax entry requirements for most countries, probably because they constantly crackdown on illegals.

Having said that, visiting a lot of developing countries is better than having no history at all, and if you can combine that history with a developed nation visit, that will make for a good travel history.

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
My wife who has a indian passport still had to apply for a visa for singapore. The funny thing is my wife has a set ttlement visa for the uk, looks like the VO didnt bother to look at that either as well as the other travel history. The rejection comments were travel history & immagration status. They need to improve their forms anyway,where as British and USA ask you to fill a table etc in with dates etc. For the canadian visa there doesnt seem to be any guidance apart from attach stamps and boarding cards.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
sim255 said:
My wifes visa was also refused for travel history- even though i included the visa she had to apply for singapore and passport stamps for thailand. Is that what they mean by travel history lack of it or not travelling to a developed nation
None, travel history is only an issue when your support documentation is not solid enough. Many VISAs are granted without ever travelling to any country before.

sahar999

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
13-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2017
Jalex23 said:
Travel History is only a matter when your other documentation wasn't solid enough. We need more details on the other reasons for refusal as well of the specifics of the case. Please elaborate.
Thank you for your repsonse Jalex. There were the only reasons indicated:

"you have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/your hosts income and assets"
"your travel history"
"purpose of visit"

The host will now be providing details of their income and assets and my cousin will be more clear about the purpose of the visit. As for travel history, that hasn't changed since the first application.

Thoughts?

jbjc

Jul 11, 2015
hi guys,

I just got my TRV refusal letter today for the following reasons that i really dont understand,i include my boyfriend(as common law partner) in the application but i am the main applicant.They ask only to atached my boyfriends passport and residence visa plus the usual application forms.

1. TRAVEL HISTORY - Ive been touring for the past 10 yrs and ive ben to 31 countries,including the USA,SCHENGEN COUNTRIES,JAPAN and other asian countries.All visas and stamps are attached in my application.

2.FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND IN COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE - I made it clear in the form that i dont have any relative or friend in canada to meet,its clearly for tourism purpose.I am currently residing alone in Dubai for the past 4 years as Civil Engineer,i just renew my UAE visa which is 2yrs so that means its valid til 2017!all my family are in the Phiippines.Yes i am single,30years old.

3.CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION - I just renew my contract in the company,and have validity til 2017.

4.PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCIAL STATUS - closing balance in the 4month statement that i print was 22,000cad,my propose stay was only 5days,i provided my itenerary and hotel booking.Although the amount was not in my acct all the time,ofcourse i had to ask some friends to deposit money in my acct 2weeks before i print my statement.I dont have any other assets in UAE,though i have in the Philippines-but it would be too much effort to include that cause it has to be attest blah blah...and all i want is to visit canada for 5days!

Can anyone explain to me this reasons,as i am planning to re apply the soonest.Thanks.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
jbjc said:
hi guys,

I just got my TRV refusal letter today for the following reasons that i really dont understand,i include my boyfriend(as common law partner) in the application but i am the main applicant.They ask only to atached my boyfriends passport and residence visa plus the usual application forms.

1. TRAVEL HISTORY - Ive been touring for the past 10 yrs and ive ben to 31 countries,including the USA,SCHENGEN COUNTRIES,JAPAN and other asian countries.All visas and stamps are attached in my application.

2.FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND IN COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE - I made it clear in the form that i dont have any relative or friend in canada to meet,its clearly for tourism purpose.I am currently residing alone in Dubai for the past 4 years as Civil Engineer,i just renew my UAE visa which is 2yrs so that means its valid til 2017!all my family are in the Phiippines.Yes i am single,30years old.

3.CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION - I just renew my contract in the company,and have validity til 2017.

4.PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCIAL STATUS - closing balance in the 4month statement that i print was 22,000cad,my propose stay was only 5days,i provided my itenerary and hotel booking.Although the amount was not in my acct all the time,ofcourse i had to ask some friends to deposit money in my acct 2weeks before i print my statement.I dont have any other assets in UAE,though i have in the Philippines-but it would be too much effort to include that cause it has to be attest blah blah...and all i want is to visit canada for 5days!

Can anyone explain to me this reasons,as i am planning to re apply the soonest.Thanks.
Probably, Canada simply doesn't believe that a young single person from a developing country would want to go to Canada for tourism. The States is the same. They ask themselves -- what would this person possibly do here that they couldn't do better, cheaper, and more easily elsewhere? Visit Montreal? But Paris is a 4 hour flight from Dubai and the visa is easier to get. Going to Toronto? Why not London instead? Go hiking in the mountains? But Switzerland etc. etc. Go do these things -- Canada has the idea in its head that you'll run away and get married, or go find a job in a meat packing plant. It's probably the influence of the United States, which I'm sure has a lot of influence on CAnadian border policies.

jbjc

Jul 11, 2015
But ive been to italy,france,spain,amsterdam,belgium,prague,budapest,switzerland,vienna,germany,copenhagen,oslo,sweden plus i travel to the US also and almost all of the South east asian countries..In my itenerary i also mention that from Dubai i will stay in London for 5days the from london to toronto then back in dubai.and i also include my uk tourist visa.So i am really confuse by what Travel History they are talking about?
Another thing is that,i believe i have a good standing in Dubai as im a Civil Engineer,which im sure i cannot do in canada if i ran away as tourist and work.
I really want to resubmit my application,but this travel history-i cannot understand why,and dont know how to improved that.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbjc said:
But ive been to italy,france,spain,amsterdam,belgium,prague,budapest,switzerland,vienna,germany,copenhagen,oslo,sweden plus i travel to the US also and almost all of the South east asian countries..In my itenerary i also mention that from Dubai i will stay in London for 5days the from london to toronto then back in dubai.and i also include my uk tourist visa.So i am really confuse by what Travel History they are talking about?
Another thing is that,i believe i have a good standing in Dubai as im a Civil Engineer,which im sure i cannot do in canada if i ran away as tourist and work.
I really want to resubmit my application,but this travel history-i cannot understand why,and dont know how to improved that.
I think they are suspicious of your financial status because deposit the money in your acct 2weeks before you print the statement. They don't believe you have the money come to Toronto as tourist. Btw, why your friends had to deposit the money in your acct 2 weeks before your statement printout. Don't you have your own money?