+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused (KSA)

Omarkhaled88

Feb 5, 2020
How are you guys ?

Am a Jordanian 31 years old male

I applied for a TRV in the 23/01/2019 and today i got refused for two reasons !

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

1) I was refused based on my immigration status : which doesn't mean anything as i believe since am a PR in KSA, i was born here ,and am now working here and for sure am legally here since the beginning !

2) I was refused based on the purpose of my visit : i had hundred of visits to multiple countries in GCC in the last five years ( Dubai and Bahrain ) and once for Qatar, i went to Jordan, Lebanon and turkey too and i was planning to visit USA this march or to delay it to the summer if my parents are going to join me too " i have the B1/B2 visa" so i thought visiting Canada would be great but unfortunately its my first visa refusal i ever got !

am an employee and my monthly salary is 3200 and my attached bank statements showed 12000 dollars saving in the last 6 months and my total deposits and income were 39000 dollars approximately for the same period which make my monthly bank movement average 6500 dollars at least and its one of my accounts !

i don't want to apply again for the time been, is there any chance i can send the department an email to make them change their mind or should i drop Canada from my holiday schedule ?

Regards

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. Your PR status means you have a permanent right of return to Saudi? They can't take that away from you, it doesn't have to be renewed? Temporary residents, or even people on long-term visas, are often refused because they are not resident in their home countries.

2. Had you visited the US and left, that may have helped. Travels to gulf countries do not help establish a travel history that will demonstrate you will respect Canada's immigration laws.

You have to re-apply. You can't send them an email to make them change their mind.

Re your BTW - yes, it's normal.

Omarkhaled88

Feb 5, 2020
1. Your PR status means you have a permanent right of return to Saudi? They can't take that away from you, it doesn't have to be renewed? Temporary residents, or even people on long-term visas, are often refused because they are not resident in their home countries.

2. Had you visited the US and left, that may have helped. Travels to gulf countries do not help establish a travel history that will demonstrate you will respect Canada's immigration laws.

You have to re-apply. You can't send them an email to make them change their mind.

Re your BTW - yes, it's normal.

Thanks for the replay sir

1) there is nothing like PR which people in Canada and USA have here in GCC but the 'foreigners' like us call their selves PR in KSA as we were born here, we lived our hall life with our families in this country, never thought of leaving !
If they look at this point they should close the non Saudis ability to apply from here !

2) No sir i didnt got before but am going either in this march or on the summer for something between 10-14 days.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

1) there is nothing like PR which people in Canada and USA have here in GCC but the 'foreigners' like us call their selves PR in KSA as we were born here, we lived our hall life with our families in this country, never thought of leaving !
If they look at this point they should close the non Saudis ability to apply from here !

2) No sir i didnt got before but am going either in this march or on the summer for something between 10-14 days.
1. Then you don't have PR and instead have a renewable 5-year (or so) visa. If you live somewhere outside your home country, without a permanent right of return, it creates a risk of overstay. This is what was meant by "your immigration status in your country of residence."

This doesn't mean that no one who is a resident in KSA will ever get a visa, it just means they have to have strong, demonstrable ties and obligations in KSA - things that they must do in KSA and would need to leave Canada to do, or family, or etc. However, family who are also temporary residents in KSA will not support your application.

2. Your US visa won't be a massive support to a Canadian visa application unless you've already travelled to the US.

Omarkhaled88

Feb 5, 2020
1. Then you don't have PR and instead have a renewable 5-year (or so) visa. If you live somewhere outside your home country, without a permanent right of return, it creates a risk of overstay. This is what was meant by "your immigration status in your country of residence."

This doesn't mean that no one who is a resident in KSA will ever get a visa, it just means they have to have strong, demonstrable ties and obligations in KSA - things that they must do in KSA and would need to leave Canada to do, or family, or etc. However, family who are also temporary residents in KSA will not support your application.

2. Your US visa won't be a massive support to a Canadian visa application unless you've already travelled to the US.
If that's the case i think i will leave it to the next year maybe and i might replay again then !

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Refusal rate is currently 95% from Saudi Arabia, don't reapply for visa. Even Saudi citizens are getting refused on Immigration Status !!!

Omarkhaled88

Feb 5, 2020
Refusal rate is currently 95% from Saudi Arabia, don't reapply for visa. Even Saudi citizens are getting refused on Immigration Status !!!
It’s my first time applying for a TRV so I can’t be sure about the percentage you provided above but the approval doesn’t seems that easy !

I might try next year or the year after it again, it looks like a nice country.

arch.ramy

Jun 8, 2018
I have just seen your post.
Next time you apply make sure to include an exit and re-entry visa that is valid for the period of your intended stay.

Omarkhaled88

Feb 5, 2020
I have just seen your post.
Next time you apply make sure to include an exit and re-entry visa that is valid for the period of your intended stay.
For some one who applies for the first time, you think that they should ask for such papers if they think its needed !

As you know, there is no handbook for the applying procedure.

Regards,

arch.ramy

Jun 8, 2018
For some one who applies for the first time, you think that they should ask for such papers if they think its needed !

As you know, there is no handbook for the applying procedure.

Regards,
I applied through vfs and it was included in the required documents.

@iglu If you are applying from a country other than your home country they need to know that you are eligible to return to your country of residence.

AamirRashid

Jun 7, 2019
How are you guys ?

Am a Jordanian 31 years old male

I applied for a TRV in the 23/01/2019 and today i got refused for two reasons !

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

1) I was refused based on my immigration status : which doesn't mean anything as i believe since am a PR in KSA, i was born here ,and am now working here and for sure am legally here since the beginning !

2) I was refused based on the purpose of my visit : i had hundred of visits to multiple countries in GCC in the last five years ( Dubai and Bahrain ) and once for Qatar, i went to Jordan, Lebanon and turkey too and i was planning to visit USA this march or to delay it to the summer if my parents are going to join me too " i have the B1/B2 visa" so i thought visiting Canada would be great but unfortunately its my first visa refusal i ever got !

am an employee and my monthly salary is 3200 and my attached bank statements showed 12000 dollars saving in the last 6 months and my total deposits and income were 39000 dollars approximately for the same period which make my monthly bank movement average 6500 dollars at least and its one of my accounts !

i don't want to apply again for the time been, is there any chance i can send the department an email to make them change their mind or should i drop Canada from my holiday schedule ?

Regards
I am pakistani citizen currently a resident in KSA and I got the Multiple Canada TRV stamped twice upto the validity of my passport from KSA. "Copy of Iqama" and "Exit Re-entry visa" both are required for TRV and it is mentioned in the checklist form. In my case I attached, travel itinerary, hotel reservation and a letter explaining the purpose of my trip too.

IMM5887E and IMM5484E are check list forms. Attaching them may help your application.