+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused in Saudi Arabia

mcmary

Jul 19, 2012
My husband is an Egyptian citizen living and working in Saudi Arabia. We were married in Cryprus in May 2013, but have been together in an online relationship since 2000. I have been approved to be my husband’s sponsor. His application for PRV has been submitted to the Immigration office in Abu Dhabi in April of this year. He has applied for a TRV, and was told today that he has been refused on the grounds that he needs a guarantee from me that he will return to Saudi Arabia on time, also a guarantee from his company that he will return to work on time, and also he needs sufficient funds in his bank account. There were no questions on his application asking for guarantees, and no question asking for specific amounts of money in his bank account. How can he be refused, and is there something we can do in order for him to be approved for a TRV? Thanks for any help you can give us.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mcmary said:
How can he be refused, and is there something we can do in order for him to be approved for a TRV? Thanks for any help you can give us.
Many people are refused for TRV if they are married to Canadian citizens, as the applicant's strongest tie is to Canada so CIC may feel he will not leave when visa is expired.

You can try re-applying, with the specific proofs they asked for.