+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused, how to appeal?

Feb 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend's TRV application was refused today and we would like to resubmit his application in hopes of getting approved the second time around. He will only spend 2 weeks in Canada. It was refused on these terms:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
He has previously traveled to Australia last year and to multiple Asian countries in the past two years, but his current passport was only renewed this August, hence, no stamps on his current passport. He failed to include the boarding passes for his trip to Australia, however, but his AUS visa was included in the initial application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
He does not have any relatives in Canada, my parents wrote him an invitation letter but we failed to include proof of relationship (what can we provide for this?). My parents wrote the invitation letter but would it be helpful if we included a photo of us as proof of relationship? His family (brothers and father( is currently here in the Philippines except for his mother. He is currently supporting his father financially.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
He stated that the trip was to visit friends and also for travel/tourism, so how can we show that this is true? He included plane tickets for this (which have already been purchased), but no travel itinerary or hotel bookings when he will not stay with the host.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
He currently lives with his brother; he has no personal assets aside from bank investments and stocks. He has over CAD$13,000 in his savings account (in Philippine peso), has CAD$12,500 in investments and earns around CAD$1500 monthly at his full-time job as a Sales Manager.

We would like to resubmit an application since the trip has already been planned but we want to ask for help as to what documents should be added this time around in order for CIC to reconsider. Thanks.

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend's TRV application was refused today and we would like to resubmit his application in hopes of getting approved the second time around. It was refused on these terms:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
He has previously traveled to Australia last year and to multiple Asian countries in the past two years, but his current passport was only renewed this August, hence, no stamps on his current passport..
>> Regardless if he used a new passport, he needs to declare his past 10 years of travel on the Travel History (entry/exit stamps, visas and old passports) and past 5 years through a list on the TRV form. Did he not declare his travels?
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
He does not have any relatives in Canada, my parents wrote him an invitation letter but we failed to include proof of relationship (what can we provide for this?). My parents wrote the invitation letter but would it be helpful if we included a photo of us as proof of relationship? His family (brothers and father( is currently here in the Philippines except for his mother. He is currently supporting his father financially.
>> The fact that he is Single means that he has no dependents.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
He stated that the trip was to visit friends and also for travel/tourism, so how can we show that this is true? He included plane tickets for this (which have already been purchased)
>>How many days did he indicate on his planned trip?
>>Purchasing plane tickets and hotel bookings are not advised. You can simple get an itinerary from Expedia or screenshot the flight schedule you prefer from an airline.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
He currently lives with his brother, has no personal assets aside from bank investments and stocks. He has over CAD$15,000 in his savings account (in Philippine peso) and earns around CAD$1500 monthly at his full-time job as a Sales Manager.
>>If CAD $15K is not enough for the Visa Officer, then he must top up that amount.

Feb 25, 2019
>> Regardless if he used a new passport, he needs to declare his past 10 years of travel on the Travel History (entry/exit stamps, visas and old passports) and past 5 years through a list on the TRV form. Did he not declare his travels? I'm unsure what part of the TRV form this is, but he attached old passports and stamps and old visas in the past 10 years.

>> The fact that he is Single means that he has no dependents. How can he prove family ties, if this is the case?

>>How many days did he indicate on his planned trip? He indicated 17 days for the planned trip.

>>Purchasing plane tickets and hotel bookings are not advised. You can simple get an itinerary from Expedia or screenshot the flight schedule you prefer from an airline. The ticket was already booked but he failed to provide an itinerary for the trip.

>>If CAD $15K is not enough for the Visa Officer, then he must top up that amount. He declared that he has $15000 in his savings, but only declared $2000 to spend for the trip. Is it alright if he does not change his financial assets but tops up the amount that he is willing to spend for the trip?

Thank you so much! :)
Hi kat3onah, kindly see my replies in the quote above. Thanks! :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend's TRV application was refused today and we would like to resubmit his application in hopes of getting approved the second time around. He will only spend 2 weeks in Canada. It was refused on these terms:

He has previously traveled to Australia last year and to multiple Asian countries in the past two years, but his current passport was only renewed this August, hence, no stamps on his current passport. He failed to include the boarding passes for his trip to Australia, however, but his AUS visa was included in the initial application.

He stated that the trip was to visit friends and also for travel/tourism, so how can we show that this is true? He included plane tickets for this (which have already been purchased), but no travel itinerary or hotel bookings when he will not stay with the host.

He currently lives with his brother; he has no personal assets aside from bank investments and stocks. He has over CAD$13,000 in his savings account (in Philippine peso), has CAD$12,500 in investments and earns around CAD$1500 monthly at his full-time job as a Sales Manager.

We would like to resubmit an application since the trip has already been planned but we want to ask for help as to what documents should be added this time around in order for CIC to reconsider. Thanks.
Unfortunately his profile is quite weak given he lives with his brother and has no real assets. If he wants to reapply, he will need to show stronger ties to his home country. Is there anything else he did not include the first time?

No - you should not include additional proof of your relationship. All this will do is make IRCC more concerned that he has plans to remain here long term with you. He needs to focus on showing strong ties to his home country.

Feb 25, 2019
Unfortunately his profile is quite weak given he lives with his brother and has no real assets. If he wants to reapply, he will need to show stronger ties to his home country. Is there anything else he did not include the first time?

No - you should not include additional proof of your relationship. All this will do is make IRCC more concerned that he has plans to remain here long term with you. He needs to focus on showing strong ties to his home country.
I'd like to add that he lives with his brother and his father in the house that they grew up in, hence, the house is named under that father's name. Can you suggest documents that I can show for strong ties to his home country?

As for his assets, I can only provide his bank statements, investments, and stocks, given he has no actual property ownership because he has a company-provided car (named after the company). He also failed to include his boarding passes during his trip to Australia last year, an explanation letter and an itinerary in the first application.

What can he show for proof of relationship given that my parents wrote him an invitation letter? I currently live in the Philippines but am a Canadian citizen (dual) with hopes for staying here for a while as I just recently started my career here.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'd like to add that he lives with his brother and his father in the house that they grew up in, hence, the house is named under that father's name. Can you suggest documents that I can show for strong ties to his home country?

As for his assets, I can only provide his bank statements, investments, and stocks, given he has no actual property ownership because he has a company-provided car (named after the company). He also failed to include his boarding passes during his trip to Australia last year, an explanation letter and an itinerary in the first application.

What can he show for proof of relationship given that my parents wrote him an invitation letter? I currently live in the Philippines but am a Canadian citizen (dual) with hopes for staying here for a while as I just recently started my career here.
For the proof of relationship refusal reason - he does NOT want to focus on showing strong ties to you / your family. This will increase the chances of getting a second refusal. This is once again an instance where he needs to focus on his ties to his home country and any family ties there. Having a brother there is unfortunately not regarded as a strong tie. If he had young children he was leaving behind in his home country to visit Canada - that would be a strong tie. However he can certainly mention his father and brother and the fact he lives with them.

Feb 25, 2019
For the proof of relationship refusal reason - he does NOT want to focus on showing strong ties to you / your family. This will increase the chances of getting a second refusal. This is once again an instance where he needs to focus on his ties to his home country and any family ties there. Having a brother there is unfortunately not regarded as a strong tie. If he had young children he was leaving behind in his home country to visit Canada - that would be a strong tie. However he can certainly mention his father and brother and the fact he lives with them.
Alright, noted on the fact that he shouldn't show strong ties to my side. But, should he still include the letter of invitation from my parents? Or would this show a stronger tie?

Aqsa malik

Sep 9, 2019
Hello everyone,

In how many days he got refusal?

Ayo_bamy

Aug 23, 2019
I also got refusal today on the same reasons. Please how can I request for my passport back tho it was a paper submission and I linked it to online account (2days ago) but no update on my online account still showing being processed. I got the refusal through email

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I also got refusal today on the same reasons. Please how can I request for my passport back tho it was a paper submission and I linked it to online account (2days ago) but no update on my online account still showing being processed. I got the refusal through email
Your passport will be sent back to the Visa Application Centre.

Hinazeb

Jun 9, 2018
sorry to hear that my cousin also got denied and some the reasons are same as yours I am also looking into options how to make the application stronger
and how to show ties to country he lives with his parents so isn't that strong enough what else can we include can anyone help me out thanks a lot

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Alright, noted on the fact that he shouldn't show strong ties to my side. But, should he still include the letter of invitation from my parents? Or would this show a stronger tie?
His reason for going to Canada is irrelevant, period. That’s why it matters little showing your relationship or an invitation from your parents.

He has to show reasons he will leave Canada. He has to show strong ties OUTSIDE Canada.

Reactions: scylla