+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused for Purpose not satisfied! Need help

jkainth

Oct 1, 2015
Hi All

Please help me out on the following matter!
I applied TRV for my MOM. As my wife is pregnant so we got a letter from our doctor stating her date of delivery and requirement of our MOM to be with her. But the officer did not satisfied with the purpose of visit. I applied for 6 months stay. Can this longer period of stay be the reason for dissatisfaction? please suggest
One more reason they given was the details of assets we provided. My mom is not working and we stated her as dependent on us and undertake to bear all her expenses during the visit. Moreover I didn't attached any property documents with her file. Please help me what could be the consequences and what aspects should I keep in mind to apply for second time.
Thansk in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Six months is far too long a visit. Reapply and ask for 2-3 weeks instead. You need to include evidence of your mother's ties to her home country and should also demonstrate what funds she has to support her trip.

Reactions: jkainth

jkainth

Oct 1, 2015
It is illegal to come to Canada as a visitor and care for children without a working visa. That is why your mother was refused.
Thanks for a quick response.
Can you please suggest what should I do now? Should I wait now for a sufficient time? Becoz they would probably doubt if I apply again for any other reason. How much time you think should be sufficient to apply again and what kind of occasion should be considered good for her to come here? Thanks again

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I agree with @scylla. Also, IRCC is now aware that your mom would be coming to care for a child, so you have to address that in the statement of purpose. Explain she will not be caring for the child, but just meeting it.

Reactions: jkainth

jkainth

Oct 1, 2015
I agree with @scylla. Also, IRCC is now aware that your mom would be coming to care for a child, so you have to address that in the statement of purpose. Explain she will not be caring for the child, but just meeting it.
Understand. Thanks so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is Canada. Fathers are able to cook, clean, do childcare if your MIL isn’t approved. TRVs are granted based on the applicants ability to support her own travel costs even if you will pay for them in the end.