+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused for Parents. Need to Reapply. Please help

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Hi,
My parents TRV was refused on the following grounds :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I reviewed their application and found out errors in documents uploaded. So I am creating their application now.

Please help me in creating a strong application.

Purpose of Travel : to meet their daughter who is PR in canada. Stay period is of 2 weeks.
Supporting document for Refusal :
1. I will add details about house property ( got it evaluated, worth 100k cad ) ,
2. Immediate family in India ,
3. Job responsibility ( Retired but working as an Arbitrator )
4. Pending minor loan

Financial Status :
1 .6 month bank statements , 30k in account ( owned by dad ) , 24k in FD ( owned by mom )
2. 2 Car's under Dad name worth 24k cad.

Is 30k enough for 2 people? Can you please let me know what documents can I add further to make it strong application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do your parents have commitments in Canada like a court date for your fathers work? Are your parents caring for their parents or grandchildren? 30K liquid is enough for 2 people. You need to focus on reasons they will return to India.

Reactions: ankur_bisht

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Do your parents have commitments in Canada like a court date for your fathers work? Are your parents caring for their parents or grandchildren? 30K liquid is enough for 2 people. You need to focus on reasons they will return to India.
Thanka canuck for prompt reply.
1.Dad has work commitment in India, post this trip.
2. Yup my grandparents are alive and my parents are taking care, but they dont live them.
They live in different city
3. My dad tranferred amount from his other bank to the bank, whose statment was uploaded. Should I highlight these transactions to prove they were not borrowed in LOE?
4. I am also getting married, and my parents need to support this marriage. I will attach this document as well

I have one question:
In visa form, should I enter 30k for both mom and dad ? Or 10k each is enough?
I will apply using once gckey account.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. If he can prove those commitments that would help prove he will return
2. If they don't live in the same city just a so-so tie to India
3. Yes he needs to show the transfer because it will look suspicious like a loan to that you transferred the funds to his account
4. If you have invitation, reservations, venue contract, etc. for the wedding that will be very helpful. I assume you are getting married in India.

You should indicate the actual amount of savings regardless of the number.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
1. If he can prove those commitments that would help prove he will return
2. If they don't live in the same city just a so-so tie to India
3. Yes he needs to show the transfer because it will look suspicious like a loan to that you transferred the funds to his account
4. If you have invitation, reservations, venue contract, etc. for the wedding that will be very helpful. I assume you are getting married in India.

You should indicate the actual amount of savings regardless of the number.
Sure. Thanks for your reply. I will draft a letter and post it here soon. Please due review. Thank you for your time.

I am getting married in India and have submitted it in my separate visa application too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The letter is somewhat important but the documents that you collect to attach to your application are really important. Think of it as proving your case and erasing any concerns.

Not sure what other visa you are referring to.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
The letter is somewhat important but the documents that you collect to attach to your application are really important. Think of it as proving your case and erasing any concerns.

That was a separate thread. You were part of it too , but i guess you might have forgot.
I will add all possible documents. Its like a legal case

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019

Hi @canuck78 , can you please review the purpose of travel document.

June 14th, 2019

To,

The Visa Officer,

Canadian High Commission,

New Delhi/Consulate General of Canada, Bangalore.

Subject: Re-Application for Temporary Resident Visa

Respected Sir/Madam,

I XXXX and my wife,XXX, would like to visit Canada, for a short trip, to meet our beloved daughter, XXX, residing at XXX Canada. She is a Permanent Resident of Canada and has invited us to come and visit her (invitation attached). We plan to stay from 12th July 2019 and will travel back to India on 26th July 2019.

We had applied for a visitor visa for Canada on 15th May 2019 and got the visa rejection on 6th June 2019. The visitor visa was rejected for the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Hence, I am reapplying as our first application was rejected and I wish to clarify your concerns regarding our application.

I would like to support our application, based the following reasons stated below:
  • After retirement from Government job, as Chief Engineer, in Public Works Department, Uttarakhand Govt in 2014, I engaged myself in Civil Contract Arbitration between Contractor and Gov. Agencies and in due course became member of Indian Council of Arbitrations and Indian Institute of Technical Arbitrators.
2 small paragraph details about work commitments post return from trip

• I have stable high income in India from my pension, investments and as an Arbitral Member in Arbitration Case.
Details about pension and money earned from arbitration.

• A house property worth Rs XXXXXX (200k CAD), under my wife’s name, was financed by me. I am currently paying an EMI of Rs XXX, against a loan of Rs XX, since February 2008. The loan is still active. I am attaching property valuation document and load related documents to this application. I own two cars in my name. I am attaching RC and insurance documents for the same.
  • Our parents are old and require our support. We need to come back to take care of them, whenever they visit us.
  • Our son, who lives in Bangalore, is getting married next year on 14th April 2020. Being his parents, we have a lot of responsibilities post this trip. I am attaching the reference letter from wedding venue, booked for this event.
  • Regarding Financial Status, our bank balance is as follow: Bank Details, FD, RD.

I am attaching supporting documents for the same.

I believe that I have cited sufficient reasons to support my claim.

As stated in the invitation letter, our daughter will be responsible for food and lodging. I will bear all our other expenses, and I have submitted financial documentation to show that I can easily support myself for the few weeks that I'm in Canada.

We will be accompanied by our son,XXXX who has applied a separate travel visa.

Passport details are mentioned below:
Passport Details

If you have any questions or concerns, or require any further documentation, please find my contact details:
Mobile: +91 XXXX
Email Id: XXX

Please, find the following documents to support my application, in the following order:

List of documents.

Regards,

XXXX

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78 , can you please review the purpose of travel document.

June 14th, 2019

To,

The Visa Officer,

Canadian High Commission,

New Delhi/Consulate General of Canada, Bangalore.

Subject: Re-Application for Temporary Resident Visa

Respected Sir/Madam,

I XXXX and my wife,XXX, would like to visit Canada, for a short trip, to meet our beloved daughter, XXX, residing at XXX Canada. She is a Permanent Resident of Canada and has invited us to come and visit her (invitation attached). We plan to stay from 12th July 2019 and will travel back to India on 26th July 2019.

We had applied for a visitor visa for Canada on 15th May 2019 and got the visa rejection on 6th June 2019. The visitor visa was rejected for the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Hence, I am reapplying as our first application was rejected and I wish to clarify your concerns regarding our application.

I would like to support our application, based the following reasons stated below:
  • After retirement from Government job, as Chief Engineer, in Public Works Department, Uttarakhand Govt in 2014, I engaged myself in Civil Contract Arbitration between Contractor and Gov. Agencies and in due course became member of Indian Council of Arbitrations and Indian Institute of Technical Arbitrators.
2 small paragraph details about work commitments post return from trip

• I have stable high income in India from my pension, investments and as an Arbitral Member in Arbitration Case.
Details about pension and money earned from arbitration.

• A house property worth Rs XXXXXX (200k CAD), under my wife’s name, was financed by me. I am currently paying an EMI of Rs XXX, against a loan of Rs XX, since February 2008. The loan is still active. I am attaching property valuation document and load related documents to this application. I own two cars in my name. I am attaching RC and insurance documents for the same.
  • Our parents are old and require our support. We need to come back to take care of them, whenever they visit us.
  • Our son, who lives in Bangalore, is getting married next year on 14th April 2020. Being his parents, we have a lot of responsibilities post this trip. I am attaching the reference letter from wedding venue, booked for this event.
  • Regarding Financial Status, our bank balance is as follow: Bank Details, FD, RD.
I am attaching supporting documents for the same.

I believe that I have cited sufficient reasons to support my claim.

As stated in the invitation letter, our daughter will be responsible for food and lodging. I will bear all our other expenses, and I have submitted financial documentation to show that I can easily support myself for the few weeks that I'm in Canada.

We will be accompanied by our son,XXXX who has applied a separate travel visa.

Passport details are mentioned below:
Passport Details

If you have any questions or concerns, or require any further documentation, please find my contact details:
Mobile: +91 XXXX
Email Id: XXX

Please, find the following documents to support my application, in the following order:

List of documents.

Regards,

XXXX

Looks good. The other thing I would include would be any requirements to be in India to collect your pension if there are any. I hope it works out.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Looks good. The other thing I would include would be any requirements to be in India to collect your pension if there are any. I hope it works out.
Sure...than you for your response. I have one last question.
Since my parents, visa was denied on the bases of financial status, I am adding there bank balance statement in cover letter.
In order to support the balance mentioned in letter, I have to attach bank balance documents. Should i add this is cover letter and again upload in proof of funds?