+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused and need help

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
Experts, I have applied TRV but refused due to the following reasons;

I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Timeline
Applied on 10th March
Biometric updated 11 March
Rejection 12 March

I think VO even did not look into my application and LoE as I have attached my property documents in home country to show strong ties to my home country;

I am living outside my home country and my in laws are living in this country since 1978 and my wife born here, I attached her birth certificate to show strong ties to country of residence. I have attached my rented apartment documents along with posted dated cheque copies .... in addition, I also attached my son school letter that he is studying here in country of residence.

Also, I have explained why I was unable to travel from last two years due to works nature and tight schedule to finish the project , before I traveled to USA two times and even I got visa for UK with multiple entries but again as said can’t travel due to tight work schedule

Anyways, I ordered the GCMS notes and received today with following comments by VO;

Assessment note prepared by ABDBI officer and entered into GCMS by OSC. I have reviewed the application. Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant
will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

Please give your thoughts/opinions to overcome the above VO concerns. I want to try one last time after this COVID-19. Thanks

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
They actually did review your application and from my own point of view I can see why you landed a refusal.
How old is your son? Does he live with you?
IMO that the ties you present doesn't seem strong as family ties that are considered to be strong are spouse or immediate family members.
You being a temporary resident from where your applying makes your application even weaker is your work considered a good one in terms of economic prospectious to be able to convince Vo that you will depart Canada? Did you draw a day by day itenerary of your activities and expense budget in canada this will help with convincing vo of your purpose to travel to Canada do post list of documents you submitted to help you further

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
They actually did review your application and from my own point of view I can see why you landed a refusal.
How old is your son? Does he live with you?
IMO that the ties you present doesn't seem strong as family ties that are considered to be strong are spouse or immediate family members.
You being a temporary resident from where your applying makes your application even weaker is your work considered a good one in terms of economic prospectious to be able to convince Vo that you will depart Canada? Did you draw a day by day itenerary of your activities and expense budget in canada this will help with convincing vo of your purpose to travel to Canada do post list of documents you submitted to help you further
Why i am saying that VO didnot review completely because I have explained all previous refusal along with supporting documents like i mentioned above, and they just refused in a day after submission of application. The refusal letter was dated 11 March 2020, straight after my Biometrics upadted in the system.
Yes, My son and my wife are living with me since 2013. I agree that I don''t have permanent residency but I have work Visa since 2008 and I have very good job since then... ( my current visa expiry is July 2022)

Yes, i did mention day to day itinerary but did not mention the cost of trip by activity .... The total available funds which i mentioned in application was CAD: 20k.

The following documents i have attached with my application;
1. My assets’ details in the country of residence ( Car, evidence that i am living here since 2008, etc.)
2. My property details in the country of Nationality ( On my name)
3. Leave NOC certificate from employer for approved leave
Employment Contract Document Copy
5. Wife birth certificate
6. My Son School leave certificate
A day to day full itinerary for stay.
8. Hotel booking, tickets salary certificate, etc.
9. Letter of Explanation with evidences

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Experts, I have applied TRV but refused due to the following reasons;

I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Timeline
Applied on 10th March
Biometric updated 11 March
Rejection 12 March

I think VO even did not look into my application and LoE as I have attached my property documents in home country to show strong ties to my home country;

I am living outside my home country and my in laws are living in this country since 1978 and my wife born here, I attached her birth certificate to show strong ties to country of residence. I have attached my rented apartment documents along with posted dated cheque copies .... in addition, I also attached my son school letter that he is studying here in country of residence.

Also, I have explained why I was unable to travel from last two years due to works nature and tight schedule to finish the project , before I traveled to USA two times and even I got visa for UK with multiple entries but again as said can’t travel due to tight work schedule

Anyways, I ordered the GCMS notes and received today with following comments by VO;

Assessment note prepared by ABDBI officer and entered into GCMS by OSC. I have reviewed the application. Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant
will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

Please give your thoughts/opinions to overcome the above VO concerns. I want to try one last time after this COVID-19. Thanks
As I mentioned earlier, GCMS notes became useless now and almost 95% of applicants got same notes, also Canada TRV is granted on VO mood and have nothing to do with supporting documents. Some articlesssaying that most of the TRV applications are processed by automated system. I would suggest you to secure UK 5 or 10 years visa before reapplying for Canadian TRV.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
As I mentioned earlier, GCMS notes became useless now and almost 95% of applicants got same notes, also Canada TRV is granted on VO mood and have nothing to do with supporting documents. Some articlesssaying that most of the TRV applications are processed by automated system. I would suggest you to secure UK 5 or 10 years visa before reapplying for Canadian TRV.
Adding get a visa to the UK, Australia, USA and USE it. Too show you’ll abide by the immigration rules of the country you’ve visited . Getting one and not using it defeats the purpose of showing you’re compliant

Reactions: Legend6892

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
Agreed with you that it’s totally depends upon VO mood and nothing to do with supporting documents.
Thanks for your advise and will apply UK visa after current pandemic situation. But I don’t think so that multiple visa for UK and USA will make any difference because when I applied in 2017, I have visited USA two consecutive years with family (2014, and 2015) and in 2016 I got Uk visa for 6 months but could not travel due to project deadlines. And you know what VO gave same refusal comments ( purpose of travel and travel history ).
What I understood that if your occupation is under skilled labor category and you are eligible to apply for express entry than chances of getting refusals for TRV is 90% because they are thinking you can stay there and will try to get job offer in order to apply for PR.

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
Adding get a visa to the UK, Australia, USA and USE it. Too show you’ll abide by the immigration rules of the country you’ve visited . Getting one and not using it defeats the purpose of showing you’re compliant
As I mentioned in my previous post , I used my USA visa in 2014 and 2015 but was unable to use UK visa in 2016 due to busy schedule and applied in 2017 and refused.
Anyways, will see after this pandemic situation but I think it’s useless to apply again for Canada because you cannot change the mindset of VOs in AbuDhabi office.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You never mentioned your reason to go to Canada, by yourself, and given the fact you don’t have permanent status in a third country, the visa officer assumes you will want to seek permanent status/work in Canada.

i would expect high refusal rates out the Abu Dhabi VO since many applicants are in the same position as you, with many foreign workers without permanent residency in the UAE.

• Haha
Reactions: iglu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I mentioned in my previous post , I used my USA visa in 2014 and 2015 but was unable to use UK visa in 2016 due to busy schedule and applied in 2017 and refused.
Anyways, will see after this pandemic situation but I think it’s useless to apply again for Canada because you cannot change the mindset of VOs in AbuDhabi office.
Travel over 5 years ago is not really considered very relevant. A visa with no travel also doesn’t count a travel history. It sounds like the VO is right and you don’t have a travel history. It isn’t based on the mood of the VO.

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
You never mentioned your reason to go to Canada, by yourself, and given the fact you don’t have permanent status in a third country, the visa officer assumes you will want to seek permanent status/work in Canada.

i would expect high refusal rates out the Abu Dhabi VO since many applicants are in the same position as you, with many foreign workers without permanent residency in the UAE.
The purpose was tourism and I don’t think this purpose has something wrong. I got visas for USA and UK with same purpose of visits.
It’s a mindset of VOs that whoever apply visas from Middle East has attention to settle down there , and that’s not correct in all the cases. I am living in Middle East since 2007 and have very good jobs and enjoying the work and life but just countries like USA, Canada, Australia , UK etc. have pleasant weather in summer and we are visiting for relaxation/holidays, does not means that VO will consider that your are going stay there forever.
Anyways, I am not here to defend myself or criticize the VOs but I don’t think it’s worth it to reapply again for Canada TRV where VOs mindset is like this. It’s better to visit US/UK/Australia for vacations.

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
Travel over 5 years ago is not really considered very relevant. A visa with no travel also doesn’t count a travel history. It sounds like the VO is right and you don’t have a travel history. It isn’t based on the mood of the VO.
Okay if I consider your point of view then why VO refused visa in 2017 on the same grounds when I had a travel history?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The purpose was tourism and I don’t think this purpose has something wrong. I got visas for USA and UK with same purpose of visits.
It’s a mindset of VOs that whoever apply visas from Middle East has attention to settle down there , and that’s not correct in all the cases. I am living in Middle East since 2007 and have very good jobs and enjoying the work and life but just countries like USA, Canada, Australia , UK etc. have pleasant weather in summer and we are visiting for relaxation/holidays, does not means that VO will consider that your are going stay there forever.
Anyways, I am not here to defend myself or criticize the VOs but I don’t think it’s worth it to reapply again for Canada TRV where VOs mindset is like this. It’s better to visit US/UK/Australia for vacations.
Canada has always been a hard TRV to get. That is because we are more generous than other countries if you are able to enter but refuse to leave. Canada tries to prevent more people from arriving knowing that removing people takes years and is very costly.

• Haha
Reactions: Legend6892

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
does not means that VO will consider that your are going stay there forever.
Unfortunately, that is precisely their mindset.

Even when you apply for a US B2 visa, the VO will automatically assume you are an immigrant unless you prove otherwise--it's right in their rules. As previously said, a Canadian TRV is even harder to get.