+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trv refused 5 times because purpose of visit

Caled

Jan 7, 2019
Hello all,
Can anyone help me ?

My TRV refused 5 times and the reason was for all of them purpose of visit.
I’m international student with scholarship in USA and I will finish my study in 2022.

I used to study in Canada for one year before moving to US. I applied to extend my study permit when I was there. During processing my application I got accepted in university in the USA and I travel to the USA unfortunately I didn’t notify IRCC of my departure and I subsequently received a refusal letter telling me that I have to leave Canada immediately because I didn’t submitted what they asking my about additional proof of fundsand at that time I was outside Canada.

I contacted with CIC about how can I solve this problem and they told me to write an explaintion letter when I apply for trv and provide my flight ticket and passport stamp.

I did that and again I got refused and the reason is purpose of visit?

I submitted to support my purpose of visit:
• hotel booking
• train ticket
• invitation letter

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But what is your purpose of visit ? No good just saying here you have an invite letter but maybe share why you need to visit.

Ordering any notes available would obviously help given if you have been refused 5 times already chances of approval seem slim but maybe there might some other underlying reason and maybe for example need further convincing proof about status in the US or are you sure you are not currently at this time deemed inadmissable for some reason. Which country passport do you hold ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you think If I order gcms note will help ?
Yes - you should definitely order your GCMS notes. You need to see what the notes say before you attempt another application. It's quite likely that you will need to wait quite a while before trying to apply again given you already have five refusals.

Caled

Jan 7, 2019
But what is your purpose of visit ? No good just saying here you have an invite letter but maybe share why you need to visit.

Ordering any notes available would obviously help given if you have been refused 5 times already chances of approval seem slim but maybe there might some other underlying reason and maybe for example need further convincing proof about status in the US or are you sure you are not currently at this time deemed inadmissable for some reason. Which country passport do you hold ?
Thank you for reply me

My main purpose of visit is tourism.

Also I’m currently studying in Seattle which located near of Vancouver 2hr by car which would love to visit in my semester break and visit my friends there and I used to live there for one year and I have clean records.

• I provided my enrollment letter and academic transcripts that explains my immigrate status in the US.

When I was studying in Canada I applied that time by representative to extend my study permit who didn’t notify IRCC of my departure in Canada.

When I arrived to the US and starting my study I applied by myself for the first and second times for TRV and got refused.( that time I didn’t know about my first refusal about study permit)

For the third refusal I applied by different representative who asked me to contacted with my first representative and I discovered about my study permit refusal and he applied for fourth time by more explanation and again I got rejected.

After that I contacted with CIC an explained about my first refusal problem ( study permit) and they told me that I have to explain everything when I apply for visitor visa in cover letter and that what I did for the fifth refusal. Because I thought the reason for many refusals was about the rejection of my study permit, , notifying my representative that:

[X] Under A16(1), a person who makes an application must answer truthfully to all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. We had requested additional proof of funds that will allow you to support yourself and your studies while in Canada to be submitted by October 13, 2018, and to date we have not received any documentation. Your application has been refused.

[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.

I confirmed that I left Canada before getting the refusal letter by ( my flight ticket and passport stamp)

I don’t know what’s wrong?

Do I need to cancel my first representative before hiring new one or applying by myself?

Because this problem happened by my first representative who put me in this situation and didn’t notify IRCC.

My passport is Saudi and There are Saudi students got approved so I don’t think this is the problem!!

What should I do to convince the officer about my purpose of visit?

Any advice can help:(

Caled

Jan 7, 2019
Yes - you should definitely order your GCMS notes. You need to see what the notes say before you attempt another application. It's quite likely that you will need to wait quite a while before trying to apply again given you already have five refusals.
I will apply for GCMS note and see what’s wrong in my previous applications.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
With five refusals you really need to hold off applying again soon and wait 8-12 months to strengthen your profile before trying again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you leave Canada because the Saudi government ordered all the students to leave. That may inpact your visa. It is not uncommon for foreign students studying in the US not to get visas to visit Canada so you are not alone. Do you have your own funds or is the governmemt sponsoring your studies? Agree with @Bryanna who is way more knowledgeable than me. 5 Applications is too many. Take a long break. Lots of things to see in the US and around Seattle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for reply me

My main purpose of visit is tourism.

Also I’m currently studying in Seattle which located near of Vancouver 2hr by car which would love to visit in my semester break and visit my friends there and I used to live there for one year and I have clean records.

• I provided my enrollment letter and academic transcripts that explains my immigrate status in the US.

When I was studying in Canada I applied that time by representative to extend my study permit who didn’t notify IRCC of my departure in Canada.

When I arrived to the US and starting my study I applied by myself for the first and second times for TRV and got refused.( that time I didn’t know about my first refusal about study permit)

For the third refusal I applied by different representative who asked me to contacted with my first representative and I discovered about my study permit refusal and he applied for fourth time by more explanation and again I got rejected.

After that I contacted with CIC an explained about my first refusal problem ( study permit) and they told me that I have to explain everything when I apply for visitor visa in cover letter and that what I did for the fifth refusal. Because I thought the reason for many refusals was about the rejection of my study permit, , notifying my representative that:

[X] Under A16(1), a person who makes an application must answer truthfully to all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. We had requested additional proof of funds that will allow you to support yourself and your studies while in Canada to be submitted by October 13, 2018, and to date we have not received any documentation. Your application has been refused.

[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.

I confirmed that I left Canada before getting the refusal letter by ( my flight ticket and passport stamp)

I don’t know what’s wrong?

Do I need to cancel my first representative before hiring new one or applying by myself?

Because this problem happened by my first representative who put me in this situation and didn’t notify IRCC.

My passport is Saudi and There are Saudi students got approved so I don’t think this is the problem!!

What should I do to convince the officer about my purpose of visit?

Any advice can help:(
I would consider the first application to extend your study permit to understand why you are being refused so often. That seems to be the culprit in this series of visa refusals.

It is quite unusual that IRCC ordered to leave Canada because you did not provide evidence of your financial support to extend your study permit.

Did you stop attending classes? For more than 90 days? Did you work illegally when you were a student?

Now coming to your other applications:
1. Did your representatives declare your previous visa refusals in each application? Or did one of them forget to mention it. I would be concerned if they did not declare your previous visa refusals and/or the fact that you were ordered to leave Canada.

Basically, have you been banned for misrepresentation? If you have then any visa application you submit will be refused until the ban is over.

2. It seems you have moved to the US fairly recently. Five visa refusals (or at least four) in quick succession since October last year (?) make it seem like you are desperate to visit.

3. After having lived in Canada as a student, it might seem unusual if you state that you want to return for sightseeing. Is there any other reason why you want to return/visit?

4. I agree with @canuck78. Maybe your nationality has something to do with the visa refusals, including why you were ordered to leave when you applied to extend your study permit. Are you involved in any political activity?

Last edited:

Caled

Jan 7, 2019
I would consider the first application to extend your study permit to understand why you are being refused so often. That seems to be the culprit in this series of visa refusals.

It is quite unusual that IRCC ordered to leave Canada because you did not provide evidence of your financial support to extend your study permit.

Did you stop attending classes? For more than 90 days? Did you work illegally when you were a student?

Now coming to your other applications:
1. Did your representatives declare your previous visa refusals in each application? Or did one of them forget to mention it. I would be concerned if they did not declare your previous visa refusals and/or the fact that you were ordered to leave Canada.

Basically, have you been banned for misrepresentation? If you have then any visa application you submit will be refused until the ban is over.

2. It seems you have moved to the US fairly recently. Five visa refusals (or at least four) in quick succession since October last year (?) make it seem like you are desperate to visit.

3. After having lived in Canada as a student, it might seem unusual if you state that you want to return for sightseeing. Is there any other reason why you want to return/visit?

4. I agree with @canuck78. Maybe your nationality has something to do with the visa refusals, including why you were ordered to leave when you applied to extend your study permit. Are you involved in any political activity?
The problem is my first representative did notify IRCC about my departure and withdrew my application because I left Canada

My first & second applications I applied by myself without knowing about my refusal of extend study permit.

My third application I hired another representative who applied for me and got refused. After that we start to investigate my history and we discovered the extend refusal. For my fourth application we explain everything but still got refused.

My fifth application I applied by myself with supporting more documents about my immigrant status in the US

My main reason to visit is I used to live their so I have a friends in Vancouver and visit tourist spots.

How can I explain isn’t my fault if my representative misrepresentation or didn’t notify IRCC ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
A representative making an error is still your responsibility. IRCC won’t accept that as an excuse.

With five refusals in such a short period and your reason being visiting a friend... the chances of getting a visa are very very slim. It doesn’t add up that you are so persistent just for a short visit to meet a friend.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The problem is my first representative did notify IRCC about my departure and withdrew my application because I left Canada

My first & second applications I applied by myself without knowing about my refusal of extend study permit.

My third application I hired another representative who applied for me and got refused. After that we start to investigate my history and we discovered the extend refusal. For my fourth application we explain everything but still got refused.

My fifth application I applied by myself with supporting more documents about my immigrant status in the US

My main reason to visit is I used to live their so I have a friends in Vancouver and visit tourist spots.

How can I explain isn’t my fault if my representative misrepresentation or didn’t notify IRCC ?
I would order GCMS notes for your first application to extend your study permit.

IMO, the refusal to extend your study permit seems to hold the key for the other refusals. Why would IRCC order you to leave Canada.... when IRCC could have simply refused you?

Does the fifth refusal state that a ban is in effect?

Caled

Jan 7, 2019
I would order GCMS notes for your first application to extend your study permit.

IMO, the refusal to extend your study permit seems to hold the key for the other refusals. Why would IRCC order you to leave Canada.... when IRCC could have simply refused you?

Does the fifth refusal state that a ban is in effect?
They just mentioned this in the fifth refusal:

Not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as
stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit