Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Hello everyone!

My wife and I applied together last October,2013. My wife got her study permit but my spousal trv was refused saying:
Reasons are:
1. Travel history
2. Family ties in canada and in your country of residence
3. Length of proposed stay in canada
4. Personal assets and financial status

I submitted the following documents:
1. Liquid Funds around 30k CAD
2. My father deceased last year. So, I showed my father's land docs which was gifted by my grandfather to my father.
3. Leave letter from my office
4. Length of proposed stay in canada 2 years (as my wife study length)
5. 2 visits to India as a tourist last year in my travel history.

It seems the country tie is not enough. So, I planned to improve country tie and apply again using following docs:
1. A sponsor from my mother with her properties(including CA evaluation).
2. My mother also said in Affidavit that I am the only person to look after her and her younger daughter.
3. Showed my investments in stock exchange.
4. This time I applied for 2 months and 20 days and said in my cover letter that I will drop off my wife and help her to find accommodation, household works and then come back to my country. I also explained about the refusal points with my supporting docs.
5. Itinerary also included.

Spouse’s docs (who got study permit). Her class will start in May, 7, 2014.:
1. Forwarding letter saying that She need me to support her in Canada for first 3 months
2. Letter of introduction from VISA OFFICE
3. Offer Letter
4. Marriage certificate

BUT ALAS!! I was refused again within 1 week! Now they indicated:
1. Travel history
3. Purpose of visit (!!)

Can anyone suggest or explain why it is refused? What were bothered them to refused it again? Please HELP!!

Kind regards,
Kaiser

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should order your GCMS notes to get more detail on the rejection reasons.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
I think your application is full of mistakes. Let me point some.

iceage said:
Hello everyone!

My wife and I applied together last October,2013. My wife got her study permit but my spousal trv was refused saying:
Reasons are:
1. Travel history
3. Length of proposed stay in canada
4. Personal assets and financial status

I submitted the following documents:
1. Liquid Funds around 30k CAD
2. My father deceased last year. So, I showed my father's land docs which was gifted by my grandfather to my father. Basically you weakened your family ties argument.
3. Leave letter from my office. Leave for 2 years? That is like a resignation, this also weakens your submission
4. Length of proposed stay in canada 2 years (as my wife study length) This is an authomatic refusal.
5. 2 visits to India as a tourist last year in my travel history.

It seems the country tie is not enough. So, I planned to improve country tie and apply again using following docs:
1. A sponsor from my mother with her properties(including CA evaluation). Sponsor? This is irrelevant.
2. My mother also said in Affidavit that I am the only person to look after her and her younger daughter. Mother? This is irrelevant.
3. Showed my investments in stock exchange.Stocks? This is irrelevant.
4. This time I applied for 2 months and 20 days and said in my cover letter that I will drop off my wife and help her to find accommodation, household works and then come back to my country. I also explained about the refusal points with my supporting docs.
5. Itinerary also included.

Spouse's docs (who got study permit). Her class will start in May, 7, 2014.:
1. Forwarding letter saying that She need me to support her in Canada for first 3 months
2. Letter of introduction from VISA OFFICE
3. Offer Letter
4. Marriage certificate

BUT ALAS!! I was refused again within 1 week! Now they indicated:
1. Travel history
3. Purpose of visit (!!)

Can anyone suggest or explain why it is refused? What were bothered them to refused it again? Please HELP!!

Kind regards,
Kaiser
Basically almost all of the documents you sent were irrelevant. For example, how does investments in stock guarantee that you will go back to your country? They don't.

Now, I don't see a strong reason for you to want to come to Canada as a visitor. Helping your wife is not a strong reason. She is being accepted to study for two years. In this case she has proven herself an independent adult which can look for herself, knows the language and that complies with economic resources (shown when applying for the study permit). Why would she need someone to "look after her"? For me it sounds like you want to come to Canada using her as an excuse and stay illegaly as first you said 2 years (meaning that you wanted to settle down and live with her, not visit) and then you changed your version of the facts to 2 months (seems suspicious to me).

Don't get me wrong but I think you had too many mistakes that in the eyes of an immigration officer can and have been taken in the bad way.

I would suggest letting your wife settle down. After that she can sponsor you with a work permit as all immigrants with study permits can do with their life partners. Take a look on that and discard any further applications on TRV as your file now points that you are not visiting, and each refusal makes it harder to get an approval.

Trvapp

Mar 27, 2014
Hello,

I am in dire need if help/advice to get a TRV. I schooled in canada in the past and moved to the uk in sept last year (2013). I still have a valid study permit and student re entry visa.

I would like to go back to visit my brother and friends in canada. I applied for my trv first online and got a rejection I didn't convince the officer I would leave canada at the end of my visit. And they checked the boxes 'Your Immigration Status' 'Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence' 'Purpose of a Visit' and 'your current employment situation'. I added extra documents to my application, including a detailed letter explaining my purpose of visit. and re submitted it to the VFS in London this time, I had so much hope only for my passport to be returned and I was refused again for the same reasons except my employment. I thought I would be able to prove that my purpose was genuine by applying for another visa rather than taking advantage of a visa I already had! I am new to the uk and barely know anyone here I have a 3 weeks break from school and thought it would be nice to be around people that made me happy again. Moving to the uk hasn't been very smooth for me not having anyone here, I have built a family in canada and was so happy when I thought time of school would allow me to see them again.

Please help me on how I can improve my application. Being an international student in the uk i do not know how to prove family ties here as I do not have any close relative here with me. And what can I do about my immigration status as I am here on a tier 4 visa and I had made that available to them during my application.

@steaky Please help me out

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Trvapp said:
Hello,

I am in dire need if help/advice to get a TRV. I schooled in canada in the past and moved to the uk in sept last year (2013). I still have a valid study permit and student re entry visa.

I would like to go back to visit my brother and friends in canada. I applied for my trv first online and got a rejection I didn't convince the officer I would leave canada at the end of my visit. And they checked the boxes 'Your Immigration Status' 'Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence' 'Purpose of a Visit' and 'your current employment situation'. I added extra documents to my application, including a detailed letter explaining my purpose of visit. and re submitted it to the VFS in London this time, I had so much hope only for my passport to be returned and I was refused again for the same reasons except my employment. I thought I would be able to prove that my purpose was genuine by applying for another visa rather than taking advantage of a visa I already had! I am new to the uk and barely know anyone here I have a 3 weeks break from school and thought it would be nice to be around people that made me happy again. Moving to the uk hasn't been very smooth for me not having anyone here, I have built a family in canada and was so happy when I thought time of school would allow me to see them again.

Please help me on how I can improve my application. Being an international student in the uk i do not know how to prove family ties here as I do not have any close relative here with me. And what can I do about my immigration status as I am here on a tier 4 visa and I had made that available to them during my application.

@ steaky Please help me out
You don't need a new one. You can't have two valid VISAs at a time, therefore the old one takes priority and all other requests will be declined.

Trvapp

Mar 27, 2014
Thank you very much for your response. So will I be able to visit with my student visa (it's a re entry visa and a study permit attached to the visa) although I am no longer a student in canada?

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Jalex23 said:
I would suggest letting your wife settle down. After that she can sponsor you with a work permit as all immigrants with study permits can do with their life partners. Take a look on that and discard any further applications on TRV as your file now points that you are not visiting, and each refusal makes it harder to get an approval.
Thanks for your reply, Jalex23 ! I can understand now. I have already ordered CAIPS notes for details reasons.
About open work permit for spouse, I've heard that there are also many rejection histories for it too. is it true?
When should I apply for open work permit if my wife go there alone? after 1 or 3 months?
Any helpful resource link will be great, if you know.

Best,

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hello Friend, I need some candid suggestions and thus extracted my posts from Singapore timeline :

Hello everyone! My application was received in June,2013 and status showing "application received".
My wife and children are all Canadian citizens. What is the possibility of getting a visitor visa to attend the graduation ceremony of my two children? Previously I was a PR and lost status because I could not fulfil residency obligation by physically staying in Canada for 720 days within five year period. Meanwhile I have received invitation from the university. I am doing business and planning to return within short time. Any suggestion please! Thank you.

Let me explain little more and seek suggestions as to how I can get a short visit visa.
I lost my PR status about two and half years ago while I was in Dhaka (as my PR card expired in Dhaka) although before leaving Canada I applied for my PR card renewal. Canadian High Commission, Dhaka after cancelling my PR status gave me single entry travel permit to go back to Canada to enable me to file appeal with IAD. After filing appeal, I stayed back in Canada over one year with a negative result at the end incurring thousands of dollars as legal expenses. I came back within the legal time frame and after that my wife started the process again. So I don't think there is any scope of getting travel permit now except may be regular visit visa. My wife talked to a lawyer meanwhile. He said its up to the Visa Officer to issue visit visa based on local ties and proofs to come back within visa period. Any suggestions as I don't want to jeopardize my PR application. At the same time I don't want to make my children unhappy at their biggest life event.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The lawyer is right. It's really up to the visa officer. A TRV refusal won't jeopardize your PR application.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
IS IT TRUE THAT ACCORDING TO SOME NEW REGULATION TRV CAN ONLY BE APPLIED FROM COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AND NOT COUNTRY OF STAY IF YOUR SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION IS IN PROCESS?

MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN IS PAKISTAN AND I AM CURRENTLY ON A VISIT IN YEMEN. I WANT TO APPLY FOR TRV FROM YEMEN. IS THAT POSSIBLE?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

APAK said:
IS IT TRUE THAT ACCORDING TO SOME NEW REGULATION TRV CAN ONLY BE APPLIED FROM COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AND NOT COUNTRY OF STAY IF YOUR SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION IS IN PROCESS?

MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN IS PAKISTAN AND I AM CURRENTLY ON A VISIT IN YEMEN. I WANT TO APPLY FOR TRV FROM YEMEN. IS THAT POSSIBLE?
No, only for PR applications, must be submitted to office responsible for country of citizenship or country where you have been ADMITTED for 1 year or more. If you have spousal application in progress, the chances of getting a visitor visa are close to nil. Also by applying to Abu Dhabi, the visa office may take the attitude that you don't have ties to Yemen and refuse on that basis.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Jalex23 said:
I think your application is full of mistakes. Let me point some.

Basically almost all of the documents you sent were irrelevant. For example, how does investments in stock guarantee that you will go back to your country? They don't.

Now, I don't see a strong reason for you to want to come to Canada as a visitor. Helping your wife is not a strong reason. She is being accepted to study for two years. In this case she has proven herself an independent adult which can look for herself, knows the language and that complies with economic resources (shown when applying for the study permit). Why would she need someone to "look after her"? For me it sounds like you want to come to Canada using her as an excuse and stay illegaly as first you said 2 years (meaning that you wanted to settle down and live with her, not visit) and then you changed your version of the facts to 2 months (seems suspicious to me).

Don't get me wrong but I think you had too many mistakes that in the eyes of an immigration officer can and have been taken in the bad way.

Hey Jalex23 !!

I have got caips note of refusal. You were RIGHT! Here is 2nd refusal note:
"Married, no children, wants to go to Canada to accompany spouse who is a student of xxx. Client has no ties in home country that will ensure that he will return. Wife is an adult person with no children so there is no compelling reasons for husband to go with her. He has not given any satisfying reason that he will not want to stay with wife once in Canada"

I understand that my purpose is a problem but what about country tie?? I have showed my mother's properties which I will get as inherited. I wrote in Cover letter that:
1. In case of family tie in Bangladesh, I have my mother and a younger sister who is around 11 years old. I am the only person to take care of them in Bangladesh. (Affidavit from my mother, xxx and birth certificate of my sister, xxx are enclosed).
2. In case of personal assets, I have enclosed all relevant documents of my mother’s properties including translations and CA evaluation which I will inherit. I also have investments in Stock Exchange as a share holder. I believe that these are my strong country ties in Bangladesh. (Proof of mother’s properties, CA report and BO account statements are enclosed).

Now I am planning to apply for Spousal OWP but what should I show to proof my country tie???? Please suggest....

thanks!
Kaiser

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Regina said:
It is not yours- then it is not relevant.

You can take care of your mother staying in Canada as most of the immigrants do.
You are married- IT IS YOUR family now.
thanks for your fast reply!
Could you please suggest what things are considered as country tie? If I purchase a new property/land now and apply for visa after 1 week, will it be problem? On the other hand, I've started evening MBA program recently, if I show that then will be consider as country tie?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You already did and showed and changed what you could and got rejected twice.
You should calm down now, and take a break for at least 6 months. Let your wife to settle down in Canada.
And then try again. This time for 2-3 weeks, with a letter from your employer again, ask visa for a new year break
when your wife will be able to pay more attention to you.