+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refusal

dhasarathan

Jun 13, 2018
Hi,

I applied for TRV in May and got the refusal letter stating that the purpose of my visit, travel history and financial conditions are not satisfactory that I will leave Canada. I applied the visa for tourism purpose and for visiting one of my family friend.

I had attached a sponsorship letter from my friend regarding that they would bear the expenses and they are canadian citizens . Are there any chances that I will get the approval if I apply for the second time immediately.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your friend can’t sponsor you. The invitation letter from friends is secondary to your ability to supply evidence you can afford the trip. IRCC has no legal means to ensure your friend will support you. Your application must include proof of ties to your home country and evidence of sufficient funds to oay for the trip, including airfare. Travel history to other visa required countries is also important.
Reapplying without these will likely result in a refusal unless your circumstances have changed or you address the reasons for the first refusal.

flaurier

Aug 14, 2018
The above answer isnt' necessarily true.
I have brought my mother in law and sister in law over to Canada multiple times.
Not once have I included their financial information (they dont even have bank accounts) rather I included my own financial information as the person inviting them and sponsoring their visit. All 6 visits have been for 4-5 months at a time.
More recently I tried to bring my brother in law over (who has a wife and children and actual ties to the country unlike my MIL and SIL) and he was denied.
Literally the reasoning makes no sense.
Good luck