+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refusal on work permit, please help to reapply urgently!

manonoma87

Apr 4, 2015
Hello

I am a graduate from York University, Toronto and I received my PGWP in july 2013 which is valid until march 2016 and a possible extension of 4 months.

After graduating, i came back home to pakistan with the intention of going back but in a few months i got married. I did an internship in my field of study for around 8 months as an office assistant and then started helping in my husband's and father in law's small businesses as a bookkeeper and an administrative assistant.

By the end of february this year, I applied for a TRV to go back to Canada and get some work experience there to prepare myself for an MBA at York University or come back home and take over my father in law's business. But my TRV was refused, reasons being; travel history, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status, and purpose of visit.

I did make a few mistakes on my application, such as, not providing anything from my husband's side and i stated my work situation as unemployed because someone suggested that unpaid work is not considered as employment. I also didnt add any supporting documents other than my father's bank statement, his employment letter and a cover letter from him stating that he would financially support me.

I applied for my GCMS notes. Heres what they say:

PA is 25 years old married woman who studied/worked in Canada from 2007 until 2013. She married several months after her return and has been living with her husband since then, appearantly. No info on husband's current financial situation. She says she wishes to take up open WP issued in 2013. Will live with aunt in Brampton. Letter from father says he will fund activities. In sum, given lengthy absence from Canada, I do not see why the WP decision of many years ago is of much relevance. Life situation has changed greatly, and I am not satisfied that she is a genuine visitor. Refused.

I want to reapply as soon as possible as I don't have much time left on my work permit. Please help me with the documents that I should send this time. I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
manonoma87 said:
Hello

I am a graduate from York University, Toronto and I received my PGWP in july 2013 which is valid until march 2016 and a possible extension of 4 months.

After graduating, i came back home to pakistan with the intention of going back but in a few months i got married. I did an internship in my field of study for around 8 months as an office assistant and then started helping in my husband's and father in law's small businesses as a bookkeeper and an administrative assistant.

By the end of february this year, I applied for a TRV to go back to Canada and get some work experience there to prepare myself for an MBA at York University or come back home and take over my father in law's business. But my TRV was refused, reasons being; travel history, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status, and purpose of visit.

I did make a few mistakes on my application, such as, not providing anything from my husband's side and i stated my work situation as unemployed because someone suggested that unpaid work is not considered as employment. I also didnt add any supporting documents other than my father's bank statement, his employment letter and a cover letter from him stating that he would financially support me.

I applied for my GCMS notes. Heres what they say:

PA is 25 years old married woman who studied/worked in Canada from 2007 until 2013. She married several months after her return and has been living with her husband since then, appearantly. No info on husband's current financial situation. She says she wishes to take up open WP issued in 2013. Will live with aunt in Brampton. Letter from father says he will fund activities. In sum, given lengthy absence from Canada, I do not see why the WP decision of many years ago is of much relevance. Life situation has changed greatly, and I am not satisfied that she is a genuine visitor. Refused.

I want to reapply as soon as possible as I don't have much time left on my work permit. Please help me with the documents that I should send this time. I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.
Well basically what the officer said is that your WP is irrelevant at this point and that you should apply as if the WP was not there. So... she said your plan is not going to work.... basically.....

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Jalex23 said:
Well basically what the officer said is that your WP is irrelevant at this point and that you should apply as if the WP was not there. So... she said your plan is not going to work.... basically.....
Hi Jalex,

How do you know that VO was a lady? 8)

manonoma87, your situation is tricky and it is because you left Canada immediately after you got your PGWP and then you got married and stayed in Pakistan with your husband. Now when it is only a year left on your WP you want to go to Canada and here is the conflict. Looks like VO sees no reason other than you have a WP for which you need a TRV and why would you leave your family and what would you do with in 1 year left already on your WP as there's been a lot of changes happened in your life.
Your only option is I guess if you can arrange a job offer and then apply for TRV.

Good luck!!

manonoma87

Apr 4, 2015
Thank you for your replies. But my argument is that my WP is still a legal status for me to work there even if its only for a year. I could return home after that or enroll into a Masters degree afterwards, or maybe even get LMIA and get a work permit extension. Therefore, I completely disagree with the VO's decision and that being his/her personal opinion.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
manonoma87 said:
Thank you for your replies. But my argument is that my WP is still a legal status for me to work there even if its only for a year. I could return home after that or enroll into a Masters degree afterwards, or maybe even get LMIA and get a work permit extension. Therefore, I completely disagree with the VO's decision and that being his/her personal opinion.
Unfortunately it doesn't matter what you feel you should be able to do - it's up to the VO whether the visa will be granted or not. If you want to reapply - you should show stronger proof that you have ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You should show that your husband has a job/business in his home country that he does not want to leave and show that he has no plans to come with you to Canada. Do you have any property in your home country? If so, you should show evidence of that as well.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
manonoma87 said:
Visa officers are allowed to form personal opinions on your case. It is your job to convince them. Even if you have a work permit you could be denied entry at the airport so having status is no guarantee. You are a foreigner, not a Canadian. Furthermore you have no job offer so you would be going there to start a job hunt from scratch with a year or less on an open work permit. As you stated no job employment history since you returned home they really have no clue what you've been doing with yourself for the last two years.To complicate the matter you mentioned nothing about your husband's situation. Of course you see it differently because its your life but the case is not convincing that you should be allowed to return to Canada.

manonoma87

Apr 4, 2015
Yes i know that my opinion does not matter and that VO can make just about any decision as they have the authority to do so. I was just saying what I was feeling. And yes my first application was very weak. And yes i have contacts there that could help me get a good job soon. And i have started to apply online from here as well. I just need to convince VO that i do not intend to overstay. I just want to experience canadian workplace to help me with my career development and further learn practically what i have learned while studying in canada. So any suggestions for how to make my case stronger? Please and thank you :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
manonoma87 said:
But my argument is that my WP is still a legal status for me to work there even if its only for a year.
The Officer stated very clearly that your argument is not good.

So my suggestion is that if you want to hold a case for a TRV then drop this argument and build a new one.

manonoma87

Apr 4, 2015
Thank you everyone for all your help. I'd re-apply soon with a little different approach this time, I can't give up just yet.