+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refusal due to travel history and purpose of visit

singhsujk

Aug 21, 2017
Greetings!

Need advise about my visa application. My application got refused due to following:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
  • Travel history
    • I dont have any travel outside of india. Also my Indian passport is fresh recently acquired.
  • Purpose of Visit
    • I mentioned the purpose as to visit my niece (she has PR and living in Canada for last 8 yrs) and visit a few places in Toronto.
  1. I am not sure how to show the travel history.
  2. Also, what could be the strong reason for visiting my niece ?
I searched through most of the posts in TR section but couldnt find anything related to these reasons.

I would really appreciate if you could please advise me on above points.

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
1. you could travel to nearby countries. - this way, your passport gets stamped and you show them you have the financial capability to travel as a tourist and return to your home country.
2. the reason for visiting your niece is not the problem. - the problem is you need to give them evidence that you will return to your home country such as businesses you need to manage or properties or work, etc.

Reactions: singhsujk

singhsujk

Aug 21, 2017
1. you could travel to nearby countries. - this way, your passport gets stamped and you show them you have the financial capability to travel as a tourist and return to your home country.
2. the reason for visiting your niece is not the problem. - the problem is you need to give them evidence that you will return to your home country such as businesses you need to manage or properties or work, etc.
Thanks for the guidance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Travel history
I dont have any travel outside of india. Also my Indian passport is fresh recently acquired.
Travel to countries around India will NOT work. The visa officer is looking to see if you've met the visa entry requirements + travel to visa-required countries such as the US, UK, Schengen countries, Australia, NZ, etc.

That said, it is not necessary to travel to other countries first before applying for a Canada TRV. Your visa approval will depend on your purpose of visit + good financial situation + strong ties to India (even if you have not traveled abroad earlier).

Purpose of Visit
I mentioned the purpose as to visit my niece (she has PR and living in Canada for last 8 yrs) and visit a few places in Toronto.
  1. I am not sure how to show the travel history.
  2. Also, what could be the strong reason for visiting my niece ?
1. Did you include a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates?
2. Did you prove your relationship to your niece?
3. Has your niece traveled to India to meet you in these last eight years?
4. Has she invited her parents/siblings to visit her?