+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV-Processing Time- NY Consulate - Applied Online- Sent Passport- Thread

bostonsat

May 14, 2013
Applied online March 21st.
Got Passport Request April 24th
Sent Passport April 29th
Reached NY (From USPS Tracking): April 30th

Waiting for passport return since then...

veepee

May 15, 2013
Applied Online for TRV: 4/15
Passport requested from NY Consul: 4/28
Passport sent via USPS express: 4/30
Passport received by NY Consul: 5/1
Email received from NY Consul (after sending a request): "Your application is ready to be finalized. We'll send you your documents shortly.... ": 5/16

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
I want to share my timelines and it may be helpful and give hope for the people waiting status update / stamped passport return status

Applied Online - 04/01/2013
Request letter for Passport - 5/2/2013
Sent Passport to LA Consulate (Fedex Overnight) - 5/2/2013
LA Consulate received Passport - 5/3/2013
USPS Retrun Shipment (Stamped Passports) Activated - 5/15/2013
Expected to receive package with Stamped Passports as per USPS - 5/16/2013 (TBD)

All the best...!!!

sachinmadhu2005

Apr 8, 2013
Hi,

How you guys are knowing beforehand that the passport returned has visa stamped on it? I mean, in the original passport request there is no mention of whether visa is accepted or rejected right??? Does that mean that if they ask for original passport visa is accepted??? Anyone got negative response???

bostonsat

May 14, 2013
Update !!! Just received this from NY Consulate.

Your documents were returned to you via SASE Express Post EI ******** US - today.

Sent Passport April 29th
Received Email from NY Consulate that my documents are returned by post today. 5/21 (Hopefully I should get them by tomorrow)

veepee

May 15, 2013
That's great news! So they are taking 3 weeks further to process stamping after receiving the passports.

bostonsat said:

Your documents were returned to you via SASE Express Post EI ******** US - today.

Sent Passport April 29th
Received Email from NY Consulate that my documents are returned by post today. 5/21 (Hopefully I should get them by tomorrow)

mimiko

May 8, 2013
bostonsat said:

Sent Passport April 29th

my passport reached NY at april 29th. I didnt hear anything from them. so sad.

bostonsat

May 14, 2013
mimiko:

don't worry, I think your's should be coming too; make sure to send a reminder emails, this is what I sent (try sending once every week)

Address: NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

Good Morning.

I have applied for visitor visa to NY Consulate (Application no : VXXXXXXX). I have applied online in March 21st and got passport request on Apr 24th and I have sent the passport.

As per the USPS postal tracking, I see that my passport was delivered to consulate on April 30th .

I would like to know, when would I be receiving my passport back? I did include express mail envelope with postage affixed. But I don't see it in USPS tracking yet.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

mimiko

May 8, 2013
could you check if your track # is available online already?
bostonsat said:
mimiko:

don't worry, I think your's should be coming too; make sure to send a reminder emails, this is what I sent (try sending once every week)

Address: NewYork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

Good Morning.

I have applied for visitor visa to NY Consulate (Application no : VXXXXXXX). I have applied online in March 21st and got passport request on Apr 24th and I have sent the passport.

As per the USPS postal tracking, I see that my passport was delivered to consulate on April 30th .

I would like to know, when would I be receiving my passport back? I did include express mail envelope with postage affixed. But I don't see it in USPS tracking yet.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

bostonsat

May 14, 2013
Mimiko:

My tracking # is not available yet, I think it takes about half a day to show it in the USPS tracking,
assuming that they sent my passport back today, I think it should show up late evening or early morning today.

I will update once I see the tracking on in USPS

mimiko

May 8, 2013
looks like i have some chance that they sent mine out also. Thank you so much and I will keep watching the website of usps.

bostonsat said:
Mimiko:

My tracking # is not available yet, I think it takes about half a day to show it in the USPS tracking,
assuming that they sent my passport back today, I think it should show up late evening or early morning today.

I will update once I see the tracking on in USPS

bostonsat

May 14, 2013
-- NY CONSULATE ---
:)
Received my passport today with the TRV stamp.

Sent Passport April 29th
Received Passport: May 22

Almost 60 days of total processing, starting from applying online to receiving stamped passport.
My passport was with them for 21 days...

mimiko

May 8, 2013
Now im thinking my passport is losingQAQ when did you see your track # available online?

bostonsat said:
-- NY CONSULATE ---
:)
Received my passport today with the TRV stamp.

Sent Passport April 29th
Received Passport: May 22

Almost 60 days of total processing, starting from applying online to receiving stamped passport.
My passport was with them for 21 days...