+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - processing time after approval?

Timrepy Duts

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi, I applied for a TRV application on Dec. 21, 2019. I have a study permit (expiry: Mar. 30) and PWGP (expiry: Mar. 1). I already provided Biometrics for a previous application. How long does it take for CIC to stamp my passport and send it back within Canada? I will need to leave on Feb. 1st, will I have enough time? If I send out my passport, how long would it take to request it back (worst case scenario)?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi, I applied for a TRV application on Dec. 21, 2019. I have a study permit (expiry: Mar. 30) and PWGP (expiry: Mar. 1). I already provided Biometrics for a previous application. How long does it take for CIC to stamp my passport and send it back within Canada? I will need to leave on Feb. 1st, will I have enough time? If I send out my passport, how long would it take to request it back (worst case scenario)?
See the link below: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Yes, I have used that page to determine it is 12 days. But if my application gets approved, how long does it take for them to stamp my passport and send it back?
I don't think there's a fixed days depending on the workload but it shouldn't take longer than 7 to 14 days.

NijjarY

Jan 14, 2020
Yes, I have used that page to determine it is 12 days. But if my application gets approved, how long does it take for them to stamp my passport and send it back?
Hey, man did you apply within canada? And did you get any update on your application. Because i applied on 18 dec and completed my biometrics on 19 dec but still there's no update on my application. I am also travelling next month so i am worried now.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hey, man did you apply within canada? And did you get any update on your application. Because i applied on 18 dec and completed my biometrics on 19 dec but still there's no update on my application. I am also travelling next month so i am worried now.
Did you applied online, if yes, there maybe delay due to the xmas and new year public holiday.

Timrepy Duts

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hey guys, I got a response just now:

A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

I unfortunately need to travel out of Canada due to emergency family reasons. To complete this application, can I use go to a VAC and send my passport out to Canada from another country?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hey guys, I got a response just now:

A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

I unfortunately need to travel out of Canada due to emergency family reasons. To complete this application, can I use go to a VAC and send my passport out to Canada from another country?
I will suggest you send an "URGENT'" email explaining the unexpected/emergency travel you have to embark, including where and when you're likely to return to the processing office, if known, otherwise through the webform. The reason is that, each local visa office has jurisdiction and authority, VAC can't accept your passport in another country without a communication from IRCC.