+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Pregnancy - Indian Ties - Grandmother

VinothSampath

Dec 27, 2017
Hello All,

I need your suggestions here please. We are expecting our 1st baby on April 2022 and wanted a fully vaccinated family member to visit us for less than 6 months. Hence planning to apply a TRV but I have the below questions

1. My mother-in-law in India is a house wife and doesn't have any property on her name or a considerable bank balance. So how do we prove the back home ties as I see a lot of applications being rejected for this reason.

2. My wife's Grandmother has a land on her name. Will she be considered for TRV ? Should we need to translate the land document into English to prove her ties to India ?

3. Will a letter from Family doctor/OB-GYN support the TRV application.

Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
From what I have read the reason for taking care of baby or mother doesn't go well on the application. You can just plainly mention that she wants to come and spend time with her daughter but again less than 6 months will need some kind of financial proof from either mother / grandmother side but only land is not sufficient. You need to show them some liquid amount sufficient enough to cover expense for their travel and stay. In your case I would recommend going for super visa (Understand that there is expense for insurance) but that is your safest bet.

VinothSampath

Dec 27, 2017
From what I have read the reason for taking care of baby or mother doesn't go well on the application. You can just plainly mention that she wants to come and spend time with her daughter but again less than 6 months will need some kind of financial proof from either mother / grandmother side but only land is not sufficient. You need to show them some liquid amount sufficient enough to cover expense for their travel and stay. In your case I would recommend going for super visa (Understand that there is expense for insurance) but that is your safest bet.
Thanks for your suggestion. We both are working in Canada and wont our employment letter and bank statements suffice the expenses for their stay and travel ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your suggestion. We both are working in Canada and wont our employment letter and bank statements suffice the expenses for their stay and travel ?
When it comes to TRVs the travellers assets and ties are primarily considered and the residents in Canada are viewed as secondary sources. If your MIL is married her husbands assets (savings, property ownership, etc.) will be considered. Her husband should include a letter saying that he will support her travel and that they both are dependent on his assets. You should also include proof of your assets in Canada.

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
when you are going to take of their expense then it is supervisa where their doucments are not necessary. However if you are coming on Visitor visa the person who is applying (visiting) is responsible not the person whom they are visiting...

Reactions: canuck78

VinothSampath

Dec 27, 2017
When it comes to TRVs the travellers assets and ties are primarily considered and the residents in Canada are viewed as secondary sources. If your MIL is married her husbands assets (savings, property ownership, etc.) will be considered. Her husband should include a letter saying that he will support her travel and that they both are dependent on his assets. You should also include proof of your assets in Canada.
Thank you for the inputs. I appreciate your time to help me. My FIL has a house in his name and would I need to translate that document into English along with his letter ?

VinothSampath

Dec 27, 2017
when you are going to take of their expense then it is supervisa where their doucments are not necessary. However if you are coming on Visitor visa the person who is applying (visiting) is responsible not the person whom they are visiting...
Ok I got our points. Thanks for the clarification.

bharathrv619

Jan 2, 2019
Hello,

I am in the same situation here applying for a visitor visa for my in-laws but stuck with one medical document. We went to the OB-GYN in Canada for requesting a letter stating about pregnancy and due date. But she said that there is a form in IRCC related to Pregnancy. She asked to get that form. Doctor will fill this medical form stating about pregnancy and due date. My in-laws need to provide this document in their application as they are visiting us for Baby shower. But I am not able find it. Does anybody have an idea about the form ?

VinothSampath

Dec 27, 2017
Hello,

I am in the same situation here applying for a visitor visa for my in-laws but stuck with one medical document. We went to the OB-GYN in Canada for requesting a letter stating about pregnancy and due date. But she said that there is a form in IRCC related to Pregnancy. She asked to get that form. Doctor will fill this medical form stating about pregnancy and due date. My in-laws need to provide this document in their application as they are visiting us for Baby shower. But I am not able find it. Does anybody have an idea about the form ?

Hello,
I am not sure of that form, but when we discussed with our family doctor, she told she would provide a letter about pregnancy and Due date. She told she had given many letters in the past and didn't mention any IRCC form. Please post if you have any update. Also how are you proving your back home ties for your in-laws ?