+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - PPR (Urgent)

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi everyone,
Happy New Year!
I am pleased to inform you that, my LMIA exempted WP approved today. for spouse together I applied for SOWP, and child visitor visa. All approved together as TRVs. My local VO is Rome.

I just received PPR request letter via message in MyCIC.

As written in msg, they only require original passports. Nothing mentioned about photos, or via VFS (VAC).

• Should I dispatch all three passports directly to Embassy in Rome in a single envelope, or via VFS? I suppose along with pre-paid return envelope too?
  • They didn't asked about any photos, hope that's OK?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You don't need to submit any photos.

Here's the information for submitting your passports:
Italy
Submit your passport at the visa application centre

You can submit your passport(s) by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

• the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
  • the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the visa office);
  • your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
  • the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site).
Check the website of your closest VAC for more information:

Submit your passport at the visa office

Mail In

To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, as well as a completed pre-paid return airway bill which ensures collection services. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing your application.

Please send to:

EAPP
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Via Zara 30,
00198 Rome,
Italy

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
You don't need to submit any photos.

Here's the information for submitting your passports:
Italy
Submit your passport at the visa application centre

You can submit your passport(s) by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

• the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
  • the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the visa office);
  • your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
  • the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site).
Check the website of your closest VAC for more information:

Submit your passport at the visa office

Mail In

To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, as well as a completed pre-paid return airway bill which ensures collection services. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing your application.

Please send to:

EAPP
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Via Zara 30,
00198 Rome,
Italy
Thanks for sharing great information.
So, I can send to VO Rome directly right? I believe it may save some time.
Secondly, I suppose it's OK to send all three passports in a single envelope with prepaid return label?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for sharing great information.
So, I can send to VO Rome directly right? I believe it may save some time.
Secondly, I suppose it's OK to send all three passports in a single envelope with prepaid return label?
Yes, you can send the passports directly to the Rome visa office in a single envelope, but do include three pre-paid return airway bills

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Yes, you can send the passports directly to the Rome visa office in a single envelope, but do include three pre-paid return airway bills
What?? three pre-paid airway bills,...sure? I was thinking to send only one as sending all in one..OK then... I hope PP stamping should take max. 10 days.. fingers crossed!

nick92033

Jan 4, 2018
i am also in italy, and i received this letter couple days ago.. im trying to find info about what the difference between VAC (visa application center)and the VO (visa office).. is there any benefit to using vac? and may i ask OP how long it took to get the approval? mine was only 2 days, so either i had good application or rome is not busy, and we can expect our passports returned quickly

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
i am also in italy, and i received this letter couple days ago.. im trying to find info about what the difference between VAC (visa application center)and the VO (visa office).. is there any benefit to using vac? and may i ask OP how long it took to get the approval? mine was only 2 days, so either i had good application or rome is not busy, and we can expect our passports returned quickly
in most countries, Canadian embassies have dedicated VFS offices - a third-party company as a middleman for visas and immigration - besides, some embassies can deal directly. VO is visa office i.e. the embassy itself...likewise VO Rome u can send ur Passports directly without VFS...the only diff. is time-saving, as u bypass VFS which might save couple of days in delivery service. further i don't know..

I applied for Work Permit on 8-Oct-2017, after 14 weeks they sent me approval and PP request for stamping.

I can't believe how come ur application is dealt within 2 days? for what u applied for?

nick92033

Jan 4, 2018
yeah, blew my mind too.. the application was made new years eve, and received an email on january 2nd saying to submit passport. processing time says 6 days on canada website, so 2 is not too crazy. it was for a temporary resident permit (tourist). i emailed the embassy in rome, and they told me i cannot mail directly to them, even though government of canada website has instruction on how to send directly. i phoned VFS in rome and they said canadian embassy in rome is no longer accepting application direcly, and i must send through them.. kinda annoying. so i went to the bank today, and they said i have to have italian residence card in order to buy a bank draft.. so i phoned back the VFS and they said basically a friend must do it for me. kinda absurd if you ask me, they should just allow us to pay by credit card on their website, id even pay double for this option.

but id be a little angered if i found out i can send directly to avoid this crazy bank draft stuff. but i dont want to take any chances, so i will sort this out monday, and stay here in italy a prisoner a few days longer.

but what i dont understand is WHY would anyone use VFS if it costs more money, and takes more time, these VFS service are in existence why?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@jojee2k6

Based on nick92033's post, it would be best if you email the Rome visa office (not to VFS) prior to mailing your passports directly to them.

The IRCC website continues to state that passports can be mailed directly to the Rome visa office. So no idea why they won't accept passports directly

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
@jojee2k6

Based on nick92033's post, it would be best if you email the Rome visa office (not to VFS) prior to mailing your passports directly to them.

The IRCC website continues to state that passports can be mailed directly to the Rome visa office. So no idea why they won't accept passports directly
well you know what, I asked them via email and they replied: "Passports can be sent directly to our Embassy or submitted to the VAC centre.", and in-reply to that email I wrote them thanks and said, I would be sending you directly..and then they replied back with thanks..I don't understand, what's going on, as opposed to experience by nick92033. ...but hell yeah that's was bullet speed u got tourist visa in 2 days...bravo! i would suggest u should stick with VFS as they told u to....and i would send to them directly, as they told me so...
May be, for special applications like TRV WP or PR (which takes long time and BG check etc.) they are courteous and like other tourist visas they might be bound to deal via VFS..or may be i am legal resident of italy, with valid residence permit and work permit...as I m here foreign citizen living in Italy since 5 years,.and I had already enough emails to them during application processing period of 14 weeks,..and sending many docs they asked me over the time....I dnt know exactly...but i will dispatch to them directly, with an LOE and email print out, by writing that as advised and confirmed by your embassy........

nick92033

Jan 4, 2018
I think i may have just figured it out. i asked the embassy what the difference between sending to VA and VAC is. then i asked if i can pick up in person.

they answered and only stated i must send my passport to VAC. now i am starting to think that the agent chose only to answer my second question, but that doesnt explain why when i phoned the VFS that agent told me rome is no longer receiving the it directly. it just added to the confusion. I received the message from embassy at 8am, and i immediately replied, but they didnt get back to me to clarify, so i hit the street and entered the chaos of italy.

i tried explaining to the lady at the VFS that surely there are many tourist in italy and how can many convince an italian with a "codice fiscale" to go with them to the bank and sit there for hours. and she said how can i possibly know that, so what i am saying is wrong..

well, maybe she is right, how can i possible know there are other tourists in italy trying to get canadian visa. and that the only other way is to fly to rome and go in person to pay in cash at the VFS

hopefully monday the embassy of canada will email back with clarification, and my guess is that they will say that i can indeed send it direct and include a prepaid envelope.