Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
Meds req sent in Oct with AIP and OWP(OWP filed in Aug)
Med's Done....
last week of November appeared on E-Cas in Dec.
Interview........
may not be required
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
I just want to share my aunt’s success story for getting trv approved

Profile: 53 yrs old, single mother (never married)
> never employed
> no business
> no money in the bank (did not submit any bank statements
> owns a house thats fully paid off ( no mortgage to pay)

>>>>> Me and my mom sent an invitation to my aunt who raised me as my moved to canada when i was young. Her long time partner passed away in early october. The reason as to why we invited her was because she was grieving. She only has one daughter whose based in London, UK since 2014.

I was her authorized rep in processing her app. At first, i thought it’s impossible for her to get a trv, but there’s no harm in trying.

By the way, i am an indurance underwriter by profession which i think helped in having a successful app. Basically, visa officers are trained fir risk assessment just like underwriters. We question everything and try to make sense about every info.

> unemployed, no business - most likely there’s a possibility to overstay.., i explained in the letter that my aunt’s daughter will be eligible to sponsor her to go to UK by 2020. Which means that she has to be in the Phils in order for her to get sponsored

> no funds available/ did not submit bank statements - i explained that all she needed the whole time is for her food allowance, utilities, etc which is being provided by her deceased partner and her UK based daughter and sometimes me. At first, i thought that it would be a red flag as since her partner died, he won’t be able to support her anymore. But i decided to be truthful with her app. I didn’t bother to put money in her bank acct as the visa officer will question as to where the money came from given the fact that she’s unemployed nor have a business. Logically,if she’s just getting financial support outside of herself, thete’s no way that she would have thiusands of dollars or pesos in herbank account. Realistically, even if her daughter sends her money, it would just be enough for he regular expenses as her daughter would have expenses too in the UK. (Visa officers basically do their research about the cost of living, etc, so having a huge amount in her bank account would be a red flag as it wouldn’t make sense) Bythe way, I explained that the monies she’s receiving was thru money remittance services which cannot be considered as bank statements.

> Me and my mom provided our own bank statements, investment, t4, noa to prive that we arecapable of supporibg her. My mom by the way is already retired so the bulk of sponsor financial support lies on me

> duration of stay is from dec to june - explanation is i want her to spend the holidays in canada especially that it will be her first christmas without her dead partner and i wanted her to explore canada during the warmer months of march to june

Timeline: oct 24 - submitted online app
Oct 25 - email received that app is updated
Nov 15 - (after 21 days of not hearing from them) email receive that decision has been made (approved) with passport request
Today (nov 16 phil time) my aunt is on her way to send her passport to VFS

>>> I hope that my aunt’s story would inspire other applicants not to lose hope. Seeing my aunt’s profile, anyone would think that she will be refused right of the bat. We just have to make sure that we’re able to explain or answer every possible question that a visa officer may come up with and our answers should make sense (cover any loophole)

I decided to post this in english so then other applicants who are non-filipino can tead and understand as well.

Mabuhay po tayong lahat!

bellidoprecy13

Nov 13, 2018
I just want to share my aunt’s success story for getting trv approved

Profile: 53 yrs old, single mother (never married)
> never employed
> no business
> no money in the bank (did not submit any bank statements
> owns a house thats fully paid off ( no mortgage to pay)

>>>>> Me and my mom sent an invitation to my aunt who raised me as my moved to canada when i was young. Her long time partner passed away in early october. The reason as to why we invited her was because she was grieving. She only has one daughter whose based in London, UK since 2014.

I was her authorized rep in processing her app. At first, i thought it’s impossible for her to get a trv, but there’s no harm in trying.

By the way, i am an indurance underwriter by profession which i think helped in having a successful app. Basically, visa officers are trained fir risk assessment just like underwriters. We question everything and try to make sense about every info.

> unemployed, no business - most likely there’s a possibility to overstay.., i explained in the letter that my aunt’s daughter will be eligible to sponsor her to go to UK by 2020. Which means that she has to be in the Phils in order for her to get sponsored

> no funds available/ did not submit bank statements - i explained that all she needed the whole time is for her food allowance, utilities, etc which is being provided by her deceased partner and her UK based daughter and sometimes me. At first, i thought that it would be a red flag as since her partner died, he won’t be able to support her anymore. But i decided to be truthful with her app. I didn’t bother to put money in her bank acct as the visa officer will question as to where the money came from given the fact that she’s unemployed nor have a business. Logically,if she’s just getting financial support outside of herself, thete’s no way that she would have thiusands of dollars or pesos in herbank account. Realistically, even if her daughter sends her money, it would just be enough for he regular expenses as her daughter would have expenses too in the UK. (Visa officers basically do their research about the cost of living, etc, so having a huge amount in her bank account would be a red flag as it wouldn’t make sense) Bythe way, I explained that the monies she’s receiving was thru money remittance services which cannot be considered as bank statements.

> Me and my mom provided our own bank statements, investment, t4, noa to prive that we arecapable of supporibg her. My mom by the way is already retired so the bulk of sponsor financial support lies on me

> duration of stay is from dec to june - explanation is i want her to spend the holidays in canada especially that it will be her first christmas without her dead partner and i wanted her to explore canada during the warmer months of march to june

Timeline: oct 24 - submitted online app
Oct 25 - email received that app is updated
Nov 15 - (after 21 days of not hearing from them) email receive that decision has been made (approved) with passport request
Today (nov 16 phil time) my aunt is on her way to send her passport to VFS

>>> I hope that my aunt’s story would inspire other applicants not to lose hope. Seeing my aunt’s profile, anyone would think that she will be refused right of the bat. We just have to make sure that we’re able to explain or answer every possible question that a visa officer may come up with and our answers should make sense (cover any loophole)

I decided to post this in english so then other applicants who are non-filipino can tead and understand as well.

Mabuhay po tayong lahat!
...hi po...that means when they request for passport its surely approved na po?applied online as well for my mom and they request for her passport.

Mitchyzinc

Dec 23, 2016
UAE
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Hello Gie,

any advise for me on what to write in the letter?? Im lodging my family's application tomorrow and they're on the same boat with your aunt.

my mother is widow, unemployed, not enough money
siblings - newly employed, not enough money

I wrote a letter of intent though but not sure if they are all okay.
wanted to know what are the statements to avoid, any advise would do

bellidoprecy13

Nov 13, 2018
Hello Gie,

any advise for me on what to write in the letter?? Im lodging my family's application tomorrow and they're on the same boat with your aunt.

just be true to your letter and tell them you will support your mom with everything and be specific with your letter...

gie2205

Dec 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
Meds req sent in Oct with AIP and OWP(OWP filed in Aug)
Med's Done....
last week of November appeared on E-Cas in Dec.
Interview........
may not be required
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hello Gie,

Hi! I would suggest for you avoid (if possible) mentioning that you have children who may be construed by the VO that your mother may babysit. Also make sure that the proof of financial support docs from you would exhibit that after all the expected expenses during your mother’s and siblings’ stay would add up. Exampke, income - expenses (mortgage, utilities,etc) = extra money to support.