+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV PASSPORT RETURN

Zaidi2293

Nov 7, 2017
Hi there,

I have applied for Temporary Resident visa on 2nd October 2017 from canada. I have submitted my passport to CIC. It got approved on 31st Oct 2017. The tracking number (Canada Post) of passport return is not yet updated. The status in my account shows 'Counterfoil'.I have to go to India on 17th November 2017 for personal reasons. Will I get my passport by that day?

can anyone help?

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Did you? I applied October 11, they recieved my passport on the 25th of October and until now my passport has not been returned. I have to back to my country on November 19.

Last edited:

dhanrajs

Nov 15, 2017
Hello there,

I am in similar dire situation as posted by several users. I had applied for my TRV extension on October 22nd and got approval for submission of passport on Nov 4th. I did it on the very same day and it was received on Nov 7th at the CPP ottawa office. Since I am in a rush to travel, I contacted the office by email and they surprisingly responded mentioning they haven't received my document yet. I am really concerned and I know in the past the passport would be returned in less than a week. Could you guys please update how long it has been taken for you to get the return. I need to travel by 24th of November. Do you think if I escalated the urgency through fax it would help.

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Hello there,

I am in similar dire situation as posted by several users. I had applied for my TRV extension on October 22nd and got approval for submission of passport on Nov 4th. I did it on the very same day and it was received on Nov 7th at the CPP ottawa office. Since I am in a rush to travel, I contacted the office by email and they surprisingly responded mentioning they haven't received my document yet. I am really concerned and I know in the past the passport would be returned in less than a week. Could you guys please update how long it has been taken for you to get the return. I need to travel by 24th of November. Do you think if I escalated the urgency through fax it would help.
I think calling and emailing them is better, I did both.

dhanrajs

Nov 15, 2017
I think calling and emailing them is better, I did both.
Thanks for replying to my question. I emailed them and finally they said the document arrived but after a week. Di you know what number to reach them. Do they encourage calling them ?

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Thanks for replying to my question. I emailed them and finally they said the document arrived but after a week. Di you know what number to reach them. Do they encourage calling them ?
I called CIC, evey day for a week. I also emailed them as well as the one in Ottawa. This is the link
. I applied October 11 and just got my passport back on the 17th just in the for my flight last Nov. 19.

Reactions: Idnoble