+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Passport Return Time (within Canada)

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am an international student in Canada. I recently applied for a temporary resident visa (TRV) and received notification from IRCC, on my online account, to forward my passport to CPC Ottawa. I forwarded my passport to their office as requested. It has been over a week since they received my passport and there have been no additional updates on my IRCC online account since then. I am scheduled to travel soon and am growing concerned about receiving my visa on time for my trip. This is really uncanny because the last time I did this, I sent out, and received my passport all in the same week.

Has anyone applied for a TRV within Canada recently (within the last 3 months or so) and recall the timeline for passport return? Please let me know.

Timelines:

-Date CPC Ottawa received my passport: Nov. 5th 2019
-Travel date: Nov. 23rd 2019

Additional information:

-Yes, I included a return envelope for them to return my passport
-Yes, I emailed CPC Ottawa and informed them of my situation, but they have not replied yet.
-Yes, I called the IRCC hotline, but the representative only confirmed that they haven't printed my visa yet. She told me to call back next Monday 18th Nov., to check on it, though, I am not sure what she expects will come of that if it isn't printed by then.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi Dilym,
Did you get your passport stamped? I am also in similar situation.
Hey, yes I did, but I'm waiting for the tracker to get activated. What's your timeline like? Here's my updated timeline.

Timelines:
-Date counterfoil produced: Nov. 15th 2019

sandycool007

Nov 19, 2019
Hey,
i am on same situation they received my passport on 12 nov 2019 and i have flight on 26 nov 2019.please let us k ow when u will receive your passport back.m really stressed.

Raptor77

Nov 17, 2019
Hey, yes I did, but I'm waiting for the tracker to get activated. What's your timeline like? Here's my updated timeline.

Timelines:
-Date counterfoil produced: Nov. 15th 2019
Hey, did you get your passport back?
I have a similar situation.

Following is my timeline-
Passport Req- 13th Nov
Passport received by CPP Ottawa-14th Nov
No updates yet

I have a flight on 30th Nov, it's stressing me out.

Vidyanshu

Oct 7, 2019
Hey,
i am on same situation they received my passport on 12 nov 2019 and i have flight on 26 nov 2019.please let us k ow when u will receive your passport back.m really stressed.
Hello Sandy,
Did you get your passport stamped? I am still waiting for mine with the same timeline.

Vidyanshu

Oct 7, 2019
Hey, did you get your passport back?
I have a similar situation.

Following is my timeline-
Passport Req- 13th Nov
Passport received by CPP Ottawa-14th Nov
No updates yet

I have a flight on 30th Nov, it's stressing me out.
Hello Raptor77,
Did you get any update about your VISA on passport?

Raptor77

Nov 17, 2019
Hello Raptor77,
Did you get any update about your VISA on passport?
Hey, nothing yet.
I called IRCC though.The lady said that it usually takes 2 weeks from the day they receive the passport.
Next week hopefully.

What's your timeline?

Rubymultani

Nov 23, 2019
Hey,
Hi did you receive any updates yet I am in same timeline no updates for mine yet!