+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Pakistan December 2018 - January 2019 submission

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Applied for in-laws online Dec 27, 2018
Previous refusal 2015.
Biometric valid from first refusal.
Received biometric validity letter today (March 18, 2019)
Shortly after received passport request. (March 18, 2019)
Alhamdullilah.
Congrate same happned to me shortly after validity letter approval came.congrates again have a nice days with your family

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Applied on Feb 24
Biometric Collection Letter Feb 25
Biometrics Done March 11

Status for eligibility review changed in GcKey today to: We are reviewing your eligibility requirements

Hoping for an answer soon!
Hi, I noticed you submitted your Biometrics quite late (nearly 2 weeks after getting a request). Did you have trouble scheduling an appointment in Pakistan? And did you schedule it online or in person? Struggling to get an appointment myself, and would appreciate some help.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi, I noticed you submitted your Biometrics quite late (nearly 2 weeks after getting a request). Did you have trouble scheduling an appointment in Pakistan? And did you schedule it online or in person? Struggling to get an appointment myself, and would appreciate some help.
When i filled my application my last boi were valid so didnot need and paid but after my online application 14thbdaybthey ask for boi payment and i sent them .so there was gape for my too between submitting file and boi letter and when i get boi letter i was in america on visit so i gave boimatrics there im American center because in vsf no appointments in those days in usa vsf

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Yep Lahore and Islamabad didn't have appointments available. My husband made a road trip from Faisalabad to Lahore to try if they would accommodate without an appointment but they didn't. We got an appointment in Karachi then and cost us about 30 thousand rupees for the airfare and hotel but got it done. It was important to us so we did what we could.

The helpline number doesn't seem to work or at least didn't when we were trying to call. The online chat kept telling us the same info as well.

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Yep Lahore and Islamabad didn't have appointments available. My husband made a road trip from Faisalabad to Lahore to try if they would accommodate without an appointment but they didn't. We got an appointment in Karachi then and cost us about 30 thousand rupees for the airfare and hotel but got it done. It was important to us so we did what we could.

The helpline number doesn't seem to work or at least didn't when we were trying to call. The online chat kept telling us the same info as well.
How did you manage to get an appointment in Karachi? Online?

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Yes online.
Ah I see. I'm unable to schedule an appointment online in Karachi. Don't have the option to select a date and time for any month, so there's obviously a glitch in their system. No one is answering my calls at the Visa Application Center, and the VFS Global agent on Live Chat told me to just keep checking the portal every now and again for "additional slots" to open randomly, which is absolutely ridiculous. I plan on going to the Center to schedule an appointment in person tomorrow as there's no other way.

What reason did they give your husband for not scheduling an appointment in person (in Lahore)?

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Even when he went they told him no appointments were available in March and he should keep checking the portal for when the April appointments open up. It was absolutely ridiculous.

It took him 5 minutes at VFS Karachi - something they could easily do for a walk-in too. He did mention a girl at the office said she could help him but a man from behind came and asked what is your deadline for submission. It was 25th of March so they told him they cant do it.

They lie because we were checking for Islamabad too and I saw someone get a request on 11th and give their biometrics on 13th on this forum. Karachi was wayyy out of the way for us from Punjab but hey there is a price you pay for things that matter.

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Even when he went they told him no appointments were available in March and he should keep checking the portal for when the April appointments open up. It was absolutely ridiculous.

It took him 5 minutes at VFS Karachi - something they could easily do for a walk-in too. He did mention a girl at the office said she could help him but a man from behind came and asked what is your deadline for submission. It was 25th of March so they told him they cant do it.

They lie because we were checking for Islamabad too and I saw someone get a request on 11th and give their biometrics on 13th on this forum. Karachi was wayyy out of the way for us from Punjab but hey there is a price you pay for things that matter.
Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.

imaca

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018

Really ?? i made account today at VFS just to see when i can get the appointment and the earliest available slot it was showing of 19th March 2019. i dont get it why it wast showing in ur case? are you referring to recent event ?

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Really ?? i made account today at VFS just to see when i can get the appointment and the earliest available slot it was showing of 19th March 2019. i dont get it why it wast showing in ur case? are you referring to recent event ?
Yes when you fill in the applicant details, it says the earliest available slot is the 19th (or current date). But if you try booking it, it will show an error message “You must select a date and timeslot” - even though you won’t have the option to select a time slot. So basically there’s no way for you to book the seemingly “available” dates.

link501

Feb 24, 2019
UPDATE: Just made my appointment online.

For anyone struggling to get one, log in after 9 am on a business day and keep refreshing the calendar in 10-min intervals until you see some green boxes appear magically in the same month. Around 9:30 am, I had the option to choose between multiple timeslots from a choice of 3 days (that were supposed to be fully booked).

Scheduling an appointment is supposed to be a FREE service. Don’t give these crooks a cent above the biometric fee you’ve already paid!

Last edited:
Reactions: imaca

imaca

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi dear members,

I need a suggestion i am applying my mother (House wife) and sister married (doctor) TRV to attend me wedding reception in canada. I recently moved to Toronto on sposual immigration. I got made a invitation from my uncle who is brother in law of my mother. In the letter it stated that my mother and sister shall stay for a month 1st july to 31st july as my reception is on 23rd july.

1. Should i fill the trv application of the same date as per the invitation which is 4 weeks or i can chose less days as i heard one month stay is very long on TRV.

2. I am attaching following docs are these enough:
> cover letter
>invitation letter
> hall booking reciept
> wedding card
> bank statement from sponsor
> affidavit from my side to sponsor the funds 3 months bank statement balance maintained 100K USD
> mother bank statement 4000
> property letters on my mothers name
> FRC

Are these enough?

Thanking in anticipation.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I just received Biometric validity letter couple mins ago. What does this means? :eek::eek:

Applied for in-laws online Dec 27, 2018
Previous refusal 2015.
Biometric valid from first refusal.
Received biometric validity letter today (March 18, 2019)
Shortly after received passport request. (March 18, 2019)
Alhamdullilah.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just received Biometric validity letter couple mins ago. What does this means? :eek::eek:
It means that the biometrics which were given for the current visa application will continue to remain valid for the next 10 years. So, there's no need to give the biometrics again