upfront - 22/09/15
AOR Received.
28/1/2016
File Transfer...
28/1/2016
Med's Done....
22/10/2015
Salam,
I applied for my parents TRV online on December 03, 2018. Biometrics done on December 28th.
I haven't heard anything after that online status never changed its same as it was on day one. I sent inquiry to IRCC Islamabad and they said your file is in Abu Dhabi you should contact them. I sent the same inquiry to Abu Dhabi office, they said your application is in queue waiting to be reviewed by a visa officer. inquiry was made Feb 28th.
I was wondering if its normal to send cases from Islamabad to Abu Dabi or there is some other reason? Is anyone out here who has experienced the same thing?

Thanks
Does it say Background check in progress?

mr.zombie

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Thankyou for your kind response. Is there is any way I can talk to you. If so could please PM me you number. I would like to discuss one more thing with you....
I dont know how to do it but you can ask your question.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
This is the status since day one of my application.

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Salam,
I applied for my parents TRV online on December 03, 2018. Biometrics done on December 28th.
I haven't heard anything after that online status never changed its same as it was on day one. I sent inquiry to IRCC Islamabad and they said your file is in Abu Dhabi you should contact them. I sent the same inquiry to Abu Dhabi office, they said your application is in queue waiting to be reviewed by a visa officer. inquiry was made Feb 28th.
I was wondering if its normal to send cases from Islamabad to Abu Dabi or there is some other reason? Is anyone out here who has experienced the same thing?

Thanks

Can you tell ....Letter like Purpose of Travel or Financial Support or Invitation Letters should be addressed to Consulate General of Canada, Karachi or Embassy of Canada, Abu Dhabi

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
I received the rejection letter today after 2 weeks citing reason based on purpose of visit , family ties in Canada and and my country of residence and travel history.
LOL travel history should have been asked by those countries that are Tourist Places.....and if your purpose of travel was tourism.....so bizarre about them... that they ask for travel history....Any how, they are copying this from USA, UK and Schengen Countries. But there is a famous saying in Urdu... "Naqal key lieye bhi Aqal Chayehe hoti hai" means "one should at least have some mind even for cheating"

Anyhow, If you don't follow their bookish things of so called clerical visa officers......... They just find the ways to reject the applications. After all their salaries are being paid form the pockets of visa applicants... and they are getting paid for rejections!! Its more of a business now a days!!! Its a chain starting from so Called Visa Consultants, Lawyers, Travel Agents, VFS Global and _____ people......!!! Everybody is feeding their tummy!! The bigger the chain , the greater the chances of everybody's financial interest in it (whether legitimate or non legitimate)

Travel History loll.... May be they think we are from Pakistan and whether do you really know how to sit in the aircraft? or move inside the airport. LOL, or may be you dont know how to pack your luggage....or maybe they are not sure about their decision making skills but if you were granted visas from countries like UK, USA or Schengen, they are comfortable that you are the true visitor and they copy and paste their visas too.... its so funny!!!! because im also expecting to face the same thing.... in near future!

Reactions: Legend6892

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Any how, they are copying this from USA, UK and Schengen Countries.
Sorry for mistake above... I must clarify even USA and Australia , dont bother travel history so much for Family Visit if some one has filed I-134 which is affidavit of support (a financial one) and similarly in case of Australia if someone has signed a Bond with the Govt. to invite the relative...

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Can you tell ....Letter like Purpose of Travel or Financial Support or Invitation Letters should be addressed to Consulate General of Canada, Karachi or Embassy of Canada, Abu Dhabi[/QUOTE

I addressed visa officer islamabad. I have applied my parents visa on family ground.

zehralalani

Feb 13, 2019
This is the status since day one of my application.

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Mine says the same .. applied online on 26 dec .. biometric done on 8 jan .. no update as yet .. filled web form too .. but no response

aadil1234

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Applied for parents TRV paper based on 20th Feb. Got passport back on 5th of march. WAO it was quick and my parents got 5 years visa multiple.

No travel history
No property documents
No proof of income.

I just attached my proof of business in canada. My canadian properties documents, my T4 , proof of the vehicles i owned, my Canadian bank account statement thats all. I only asked for one month and attached full insurance coverage.

Be positive guys and i believe travel history and property documents do not matter a lot.

Thx

Reactions: salman tarar

zehralalani

Feb 13, 2019
Applied for parents TRV paper based on 20th Feb. Got passport back on 5th of march. WAO it was quick and my parents got 5 years visa multiple.

No travel history
No property documents
No proof of income.

I just attached my proof of business in canada. My canadian properties documents, my T4 , proof of the vehicles i owned, my Canadian bank account statement thats all. I only asked for one month and attached full insurance coverage.

Be positive guys and i believe travel history and property documents do not matter a lot.

Thx
Wow!!! That was quick .. congratulations .. seems like paper applications take place faster thn online ..

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no

No travel history
No property documents
No proof of income.

Thx
Can any one confirm, the invitation letter and purpose of travel letters etc should be addresses to Embassy of Canada in Pakistan or Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi. Because cases are handled from Abu Dhabi

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
L

Lets see .. what happens with mine .. its so frustrating ..
Can any one confirm, the invitation letter and purpose of travel letters etc should be addresses to Embassy of Canada in Pakistan or Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi. Because cases are handled from Abu Dhabi

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Can you tell ....Letter like Purpose of Travel or Financial Support or Invitation Letters should be addressed to Consulate General of Canada, Karachi or Embassy of Canada, Abu Dhabi