+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV over processing time

maak5600

Jan 22, 2024
Hi, after getting my PGWP I applied for TRV on September 17, 2023. I haven't heard anything since then. I raised a webform earlier and got a generic response about its still in process and I can check the processing time on their website. I raised webform solely because its been over 4 months which is over the processing time. Im really not sure what to do.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi, after getting my PGWP I applied for TRV on September 17, 2023. I haven't heard anything since then. I raised a webform earlier and got a generic response about its still in process and I can check the processing time on their website. I raised webform solely because its been over 4 months which is over the processing time. Im really not sure what to do.
Are you inside Canada and applied for trv inside Canada?

maak5600

Jan 22, 2024
I did call them, they said its stuck in background verification. And asked me to be patient even though its been over 4 months

maak5600

Jan 22, 2024
February 6th still nothing. Anybody else got any suggestions? On call they told me to have patience

ajesh0310

May 9, 2024
Hello, any update guys? I am having the same issue, after my study permit for PhD was extended, I applied for TRV on 1st Feb. Been over 3 months, and processing time shows 17 days!! Don't know what's going on, raised issue through MP, they said it's a non routine application so they can't say for sure how much time it could take!! Really need to go to India, and nobody seems to be answering anything from IRCC.

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
Hello, any update guys? I am having the same issue, after my study permit for PhD was extended, I applied for TRV on 1st Feb. Been over 3 months, and processing time shows 17 days!! Don't know what's going on, raised issue through MP, they said it's a non routine application so they can't say for sure how much time it could take!! Really need to go to India, and nobody seems to be answering anything from IRCC.
You can go to India and can even get your visa stamped there but won’t be able to return back to Canada until your TRV application is approved and the visa is issued.

ajesh0310

May 9, 2024
You can go to India and can even get your visa stamped there but won’t be able to return back to Canada until your TRV application is approved and the visa is issued.
Yes, but as a PhD student there is only limited number of days I can stay away from the university. So, I really don't want to wait forever before my visa application is processed. Is there any way to expedite the process!? Does canceling the application and re applying make sense?