+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Outside Canada (India) For Spouse (PPR)

Nov 22, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, I applied for PR for my spouse. Since it is processing I applied for TRV outside Canada (India) under the exemption to travel (Family Re-unification), I applied for TRV on September 25, 2020. I Got biometrics letter on September 26. Since all VAC's centres in India are closed, My wife gave Biometrics in Dubai on Nov 17, 2020. Does anyone under this same situation or anyone received PPR in this situation. If so, In how many days you received PPR? Please reply.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, I applied for PR for my spouse. Since it is processing I applied for TRV outside Canada (India) under the exemption to travel (Family Re-unification), I applied for TRV on September 25, 2020. I Got biometrics letter on September 26. Since all VAC's centres in India are closed, My wife gave Biometrics in Dubai on Nov 17, 2020. Does anyone under this same situation or anyone received PPR in this situation. If so, In how many days you received PPR? Please reply.

Thank you
TRVs are not guaranteed. The exemption is really for those who qualify for a TRV. People misinterpreted the statement and assumed all spouses would be able to travel to Canada.

akhilvarma90

May 14, 2017
Kochi, Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Nomination.....
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-05
Passport Req..
01-09-2017
Hi Everyone,

Thank you
Did you receive your TRV?

vishal220

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thank you
It seems like the TRV is taking a lot of time. Any update on your file? My gf applied on 28 Nov from India and did biometrics in Dubai in Dec. still no response.

one541

Nov 25, 2020
Biometrics has nothing to do with getting the application processed.
I called up IRCC today, they informed that the processing is done at the VO, for me its in New Delhi, and the speed at which they will process the application or give it priority is up to the VO. So any delays in processing the application is all due to how the New Delhi VO views your application to be urgent or not.

gurnisha

Mar 24, 2021
Biometrics has nothing to do with getting the application processed.
I called up IRCC today, they informed that the processing is done at the VO, for me its in New Delhi, and the speed at which they will process the application or give it priority is up to the VO. So any delays in processing the application is all due to how the New Delhi VO views your application to be urgent or not.
So you are saying that if Delhi VO decides that an application is urgent, they can instruct VFS India to take TRV (Tourist Visa) biometrics, even though VFS India website says that they are not currently doing biometrics for tourist visa

one541

Nov 25, 2020
So you are saying that if Delhi VO decides that an application is urgent, they can instruct VFS India to take TRV (Tourist Visa) biometrics, even though VFS India website says that they are not currently doing biometrics for tourist visa
Yup. Called up VFS too, they told me if Delhi VO tells them you are urgent they will take biometric.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thank you
did your wife get TRV? plz share

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know, any idea what they need to see to get convinced that the PA won't overstay? How much worth assets/property in the home country?
There is no exact figure. Having a longterm well paying job and extensive international travel will have a large influence.

Tkar

Mar 26, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Thank you
Mahesh, I am planning to apply for TRV for my spouse, wondering on Letter of Invitation if you mentioned that your Sponsorship file is already in process? And Wondering if your spouse was issued a visa since then and how long that took?