New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 June 2014
Passport Req..
10 June 2014
Hello there, :)
I am going to visit a friend in Canada so I am filling out the online application for a TRV right now. I am currently living in London. So far, I haven't been asked for a specific office, where I would like my application to be proccessed and I don't know if I will have to select this upon submitting my application. My problem is that I need to receive my visa by the 11th of May. It is the 24th of April now and according to the webside of the office in London the average processing time is 7 working days, according to CIC it takes 11 days (working+non working in total I suppose). So I am affraid I will not be able to receive my passport stamped until the 9th of May. :( I would like to ask you two two things:

1. According to your experience do you think I can get my application proccessed, my passport requested, sent and received back before the 9th of May if I am applying through CIC online?

2. In case the available time I have will not be siffucient, will I be able to submit my passport through any other office (New York for instance) when I get my passport requested or will I have to choose a specific one when I submit my application and stick to it?

Thank you in adance! :)

swords1010

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 June 2014
Passport Req..
10 June 2014
I would really appreciate it if someone could share some experience or knowledge! :(

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
swords1010 said:
1. According to your experience do you think I can get my application proccessed, my passport requested, sent and received back before the 9th of May if I am applying through CIC online?
You may get it even faster, or you can get it even later. It can get lost in the mail, it can get super fast delivery, it can get standard delivery. What I'm saying is that those estimations are just that, estimates, an average where you can get lucky or not.

swords1010 said:
2. In case the available time I have will not be siffucient, will I be able to submit my passport through any other office (New York for instance) when I get my passport requested or will I have to choose a specific one when I submit my application and stick to it?
If you file your application online it will be processed wherever CIC decides. People in here have their application received by Ottawa and then the passport is requested in LA. This means you will never know. Look for where UK people get their passport requested more frequently, that could be a good guess. Once the process is on you can't decide ON ANYTHING but to withdraw the application.

You can send your passport following the instructions given in the request email you will receive. They are pretty specific, they want certain couriers, certain kind of envelopes , certain timeframe and a specific office. If you can comply with that you can send your passport FROM wherever you are. For example, if the passport is requested in London and you are in La Paz, you can send the passport to you house, then from there to CIC, then CIC sends it back to your house and then back to you in La Paz (or wherever you are).

:)

HF

Apr 23, 2014
Hi swords,

I don't know if it's pure incompetence or whatever. CIC wants you to wait for an undefined time with no information and/or to throw your passport in a black hole. You will send it and have no way to get it back if you need it before their incompetence allow them to process your application. Despite of providing a ridiculous website they won't answer any contact you try and any little doubt you have will became a problem.

I am giving up going to Canada. Invite your friend to England. I've been there. You treat visitors with respect!. Congratulations!