+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV inside Canada for family members

kirangr

Jan 24, 2020
Hi,

I have renewed my work permit, my spouse open work permit and my son's visitor record inside Canada and got it approved.
Now applying for TRV to get visa stamped.
I learnt that TRV should be applied separately for each applicants and did for mine and my spouse. when i am trying to apply for my son ( 2 year old) who is on visitor record and after answering the questionnaire, it is showing eligible only for visitor Visa but not showing TRV.

Raquelecp

Nov 8, 2018
Hi,

I have renewed my work permit, my spouse open work permit and my son's visitor record inside Canada and got it approved.
I learnt that TRV should be applied separately for each applicants and did for mine and my spouse. when i am trying to apply for my son ( 2 year old) who is on visitor record and after answering the questionnaire, it is showing eligible only for visitor Visa but not showing TRV.
Hey, I have the same issue. Were you able to solve this?

BadPoo

Aug 4, 2019
Hi,

You mean your wife using her separate IRCC account to apply for TRV ?
My wife and I got our work permit extension approval, but I have this issue that when I tried to apply for my TRV , it asks do you want to apply for a family member ? And when I select yes and proceed, it has only options to apply or extend for her Study or Work permit.

Raquelecp

Nov 8, 2018
You mean your wife using her separate IRCC account to apply for TRV ?
My wife and I got our work permit extension approval, but I have this issue that when I tried to apply for my TRV , it asks do you want to apply for a family member ? And when I select yes and proceed, it has only options to apply or extend for her Study or Work permit.
Yep that same issue. For your wife you should apply separately. But for minor holding visitor record that's not possible. Only workaround I've read so far is making a paper-based TRV application.

mainormainor

Jan 10, 2020
Hello, do anyone has recent details about applying for children? I don't believe that applying on paper is the only option because I've heard of people doing it online but haven't got a hold of someone actually doing it.