+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Granted from Cameroon

snoua052

Feb 15, 2017
Hello,

I'm an international student who recently graduated from the university of Ottawa and I returned to Cameroon for vacation but I forgot to renew by TRV. All my other documents were still valid e.g Study permit and had a job offer waiting or me upon my return.

I was recently granted a visa and I am now back in Canada thanks to God.

Applied via a VAC in yaounde

Applied: 26th of January 2017
Visa granted: 31st January 2017
Visa received: 6th February 2017

So overall processing times less than 10 days.

Reply for any questions. I am posting this to encourage all of you applying for TRV! Goodluck

Reactions: Asong

canamost

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks bro for sharing.

please can you tell me , how many years of PGWP will 1 get if you apply for 3 years advanced diploma?

and is it possible that you only change to the 3years advanced diploma, after getting visa for 2 years diploma?

am applying from africa too.

snoua052

Feb 15, 2017
The length of your PGWP depends on how long you've studied in Canada. It could range from 8 months to over 2 years.

Perhaps you're talking about study permit? No?

"and is it possible that you only change to the 3years advanced diploma, after getting visa for 2 years diploma?" Yes it is possible to change your field of study, I've has quite alot of friends do that.

Regards,

Simon

shraddhapatel

Jan 19, 2017
Dear,
My child is planning to study in canada.
He wants to join in information technology (computer field) in diploma.
Please, will you suggest me.
1-He should go for diploma or advance diploma.And why?
2-He should go for University in computer science or do diploma.
3-His friends are in winnipeg city.How studys are in winnipeg city and job availability.

I will be very thankful to you for your good suggestion.

Regards
shradhhapatel

canamost

Feb 14, 2017
snoua052 said:
The length of your PGWP depends on how long you've studied in Canada. It could range from 8 months to over 2 years.

Perhaps you're talking about study permit? No?

"and is it possible that you only change to the 3years advanced diploma, after getting visa for 2 years diploma?" Yes it is possible to change your field of study, I've has quite alot of friends do that.

Regards,

Simon

Thanks simon.

brother i need your advise personally regarding my application and situation.

kindly let me know if i can inbox u

snoua052

Feb 15, 2017
shraddhapatel said:
Dear,
My child is planning to study in canada.
He wants to join in information technology (computer field) in diploma.
Please, will you suggest me.
1-He should go for diploma or advance diploma.And why?
2-He should go for University in computer science or do diploma.
3-His friends are in winnipeg city.How studys are in winnipeg city and job availability.

I will be very thankful to you for your good suggestion.

Regards
shradhhapatel
I personally went in for a degree.

With computer Science I believe there are more interested in your technical skills rather than whether you have a diploma or an advance diploma. Nonetheless to advance in your career now our days having a degree is somewhat essential. I've seen a lot of people with diplomas get back to school to get a degree just because it was a requirement for promotion

I'll recommend instead of your son following his friends to Winnipeg. He should look into cost of living and Job opportunities before selecting his final destination

Here are some popular job search website where he could have a feel of the job market in Winnipeg

indeed.ca
jobbank.gc.ca

Goodluck

Chseee

Mar 16, 2017
@snoua052

I am currently in Cameroon and did the exact same mistake you did. I just have a question, did you apply for trv with a study permit or with PGWP? Can you tell me what supporting documents you provided please? Thank you!

Chseee

Mar 16, 2017
snoua052 said:
Hello,

I'm an international student who recently graduated from the university of Ottawa and I returned to Cameroon for vacation but I forgot to renew by TRV. All my other documents were still valid e.g Study permit and had a job offer waiting or me upon my return.

Reply for any questions. I am posting this to encourage all of you applying for TRV! Goodluck

Hii!
I was wondering if you could please tell me what supporting documents you provided? I am in the same situation, and applying from cameroon aswell! Thank youu

Asong

Feb 15, 2018
Cameroon
Hello,

I'm equally in cameroon and intend to apply for a visa by the end of this month against May. Was very worried I will be constraint by the processing time but ur story gives me hopes. Thanks for sharing, will love to have ur email so we can talk better