+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV got Rejected

At2

May 6, 2020
We have applied for my wife's PR Spousal application and have not received AOR, so we decided to apply for TRV and gave the reason of Covid-19 but it got refused because officer was not convinced my wife will go back. The reason was lack of travel history (she has traveled to Dubai), job history (she has worked multiple jobs although short term), family connections in Canada ( she has me and her sister here), her financial situation ( I am sponsoring her and financially taking care of her). We showed $10,000 of money for me and $400 of hers (I will be paying for her trip and expenses while she is here). Plus I have permanent job with $80,000 annual salary. I had attached her return ticket, our booked hotel which is already paid for at Lake Louise, and quarantine plan.

So questions I have are:

1) Should we apply again?
2) Apply through lawyer or VFS office, and if so do the chances of approval increase?

Her intention was to return, however if the officer is concerned she won't return:
3) should we apply for dual intent, and saying my wife intends to stay here until PR is approved?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
We have applied for my wife's PR Spousal application and have not received AOR, so we decided to apply for TRV and gave the reason of Covid-19 but it got refused because officer was not convinced my wife will go back. The reason was lack of travel history (she has traveled to Dubai), job history (she has worked multiple jobs although short term), family connections in Canada ( she has me and her sister here), her financial situation ( I am sponsoring her and financially taking care of her). We showed $10,000 of money for me and $400 of hers (I will be paying for her trip and expenses while she is here). Plus I have permanent job with $80,000 annual salary. I had attached her return ticket, our booked hotel which is already paid for at Lake Louise, and quarantine plan.

So questions I have are:

1) Should we apply again?
2) Apply through lawyer or VFS office, and if so do the chances of approval increase?

Her intention was to return, however if the officer is concerned she won't return:
3) should we apply for dual intent, and saying my wife intends to stay here until PR is approved?
If your wife has not intent of leaving Canada, then your trv was correctly refused.

Reactions: Lavtaz

At2

May 6, 2020
If your wife has not intent of leaving Canada, then your trv was correctly refused.
Yes that is understandable and I agree on refusal if intent is not to return. However, her visit is only for 40 days so intent was to return.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes that is understandable and I agree on refusal if intent is not to return. However, her visit is only for 40 days so intent was to return.
You just asked about dual intent? The risk and expense of flying and quarantine makes a 40 day trip unlikely unless she has very solid reasons why she needs to return in 40 days. It is obvious that she will remain.

At2

May 6, 2020
You just asked about dual intent? The risk and expense of flying and quarantine makes a 40 day trip unlikely unless she has very solid reasons why she needs to return in 40 days. It is obvious that she will remain.
No I'm wondering on the options, if chances of getting a visa is higher on dual intent, we can apply and she will return in 40 days. I'm being theoretical here, basically saying if they think she will stay then should we just apply for dual intent to clear their suspicion. However at end of the day regardless on dual intent or temporary visit her plans are to leave because of committment back home. Hope that makes it clear on the question.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I'm wondering on the options, if chances of getting a visa is higher on dual intent, we can apply and she will return in 40 days. I'm being theoretical here, basically saying if they think she will stay then should we just apply for dual intent to clear their suspicion. However at end of the day regardless on dual intent or temporary visit her plans are to leave because of committment back home. Hope that makes it clear on the question.
If you can leave for 40 days your don’t have very serious commitments. Tou will have to provide very hard proof that she has to return or I doubt that she will be approved. She doesn’t have a job, no savings, her husband and sister are in Canada and she has applied for sponsorship. The chances of her actually returning are very low and that’s why she was refused. Given the increased risk of Covid exposure during travel and the expense (most flights are +2-3k) it doesn’t make sense to travel.

At2

May 6, 2020
There have been cases of people getting approved without any travel history, no job, no financial backing. In one case, husband had recieved copr and did not land in Canada and her wife got approval for trv Because she had $7k in her account. I was being realistic with our situation but I can deposit money into her account to show finances since expenditure is no issue for us. I believe at this time it's random selection because majority of the people applied under Covid-19 and our correspondence was delivered while embassy was closed (that's me just thinking). But you are right we will have show further proof on her intent to return. She was going to start a job upon her return (she has worked in the past but left work after our marriage).

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
There have been cases of people getting approved without any travel history, no job, no financial backing. In one case, husband had recieved copr and did not land in Canada and her wife got approval for trv Because she had $7k in her account. I was being realistic with our situation but I can deposit money into her account to show finances since expenditure is no issue for us. I believe at this time it's random selection because majority of the people applied under Covid-19 and our correspondence was delivered while embassy was closed (that's me just thinking). But you are right we will have show further proof on her intent to return. She was going to start a job upon her return (she has worked in the past but left work after our marriage).
Your approval is not based on other people's cases.

Read the refusal reasons again or apply for gcms notes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can’t compare the situation and if it is clear that you just transferred the money the funds don’t count. Returning home to start a low paid job Especially when she hasn’t worked since marriage also doesn’t make sense. Agree that you should order GCMS notes to see if there is any chance of overcoming the reasons for refusal.

Reactions: mashulia_26

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Did you apply with dual intent ? May i know what did u decide on this ?